Booking another cruise while on board?

teacher2cruiser

OK, here's the deal.....we are cruising on the Magic on June 4; there's another cruise we are interested in on July 3 on the Dream. Would it benefit us to wait and book on board the Magic? Wouldn't we get some on board credit? Of course we'd be risking that the price would go up or the boat would be full and unavailable. Anyone have thoughts or advice? Thanks.

OK, here's the deal.....we are cruising on the Magic on June 4; there's another cruise we are interested in on July 3 on the Dream. Would it benefit us to wait and book on board the Magic? Wouldn't we get some on board credit? Of course we'd be risking that the price would go up or the boat would be full and unavailable. Anyone have thoughts or advice? Thanks.

You will receive OBC and 2 Friends & Family vouchers if you book onboard. It's a chance you'll have to take as to a possible price increase before you get a chance to book.

We booked our 2/26/17 Journeys Cruise before we took our recent B2B on Glory. Fortunately, someone on our CC rollcall had recently booked and had 2 F&F Vouchers, and was kind enough to send me one. The price had gone up quite a bit since I originally looked at it in OCT. We did't want to wait any longer. Booked it just before Christmas and it's up $200 more since then.

Edited by Sparky2

How much on board credit?

$50 3-5 day cruises

$75 6 day cruises

$100 7-12 day cruises

$200 13+ day cruises

We always book a cruise while on a cruise. We usually don't have a particular sailing in mind so we book a 3 day to who cares where on a ship that doesn't matter, as far out as possible, using Past Guest rates only. When we get home and when the perfect cruise comes along, we contact our PVP to transfer the new sailing to booking #. The obc amount adjusts with the length of the new cruise.

We are still eligible for price drops until final payment date. Our PVP takes care of that for us too.

We have what I call a dummy cruise booked that I'm most likely going to cancel because nothing is floating my boat. But, we're sailing Breeze in two weeks so I'll most like book another dummy cruise on that cruise. :eek:

Edited by stargate fan