Regal- Lotus Spa- Are the thermal beds HOT?

blueseas4me2

We were on the Royal princess 2 years ago and I bought a spa pass. I was very disappointed that the thermal beds were not warm at all. I complained to the front desk twice and each time I was given a different answer:

- We can't heat everything. The whole room is hot.

- People complained that they were too hot.

My decision about purchasing a spa pass weighs on this question. It's one of my favorite things in a spa.

Was I on a different ship? The Regal mosaic tiles felt hot as hell to me [emoji33] this was last year. That room was so warm that everything else felt warm, but the loungers were quite toasty. I bought the weekly thermal spa pass and this was back in March.

Edited by 4cats4me

So are they hot or not?!?! :confused::confused::confused:

I guess we need to go there as soon as we board this Sunday and actually feel them before we book.

They are NOT HEATED on the Regal or Royal in the Enclave. On other ships its called the Thermal Suites and the beds ARE HEATED there.

Hope this clears things.

They are NOT HEATED on the Regal or Royal in the Enclave. On other ships its called the Thermal Suites and the beds ARE HEATED there.

Hope this clears things.

I learned something new today. Interestingly, the loungers on the REGAL felt just as hot as those in other thermal spas which do have the heated loungers.

Edited by 4cats4me

I wonder if they don't turn on the heating elements? One staff person told me they were too hot.

Next time you sail the Regal/Royal, ask to see the thermostat knob for the beds :eek: The room may be hot, the beds are not. Ive sailed the Regal twice, Royal once. If the beds in the Thermal Suites are not working, we've in the past received refunds. Try that for the beds in the Enclave. :)

The bottom line is this....The Enclave has a cost of at least $179 with heated or unheated beds. Grand class ships have FREE Steam room and Sauna in the locker rooms. The Thermal suites with heated or lightly heated beds was at a time a great buy...Now its comparable to Enclave pricing. I choose the free steam/sauna option on Grand Class ships.

if you can afford the Enclave or Thermal Suites, by all means try them. But unless they've changed the beds on the Regal in the last 98 days (last time onboard) the beds ARE NOT heated:)

Edited by blkspy

So are they hot or not?!?! :confused::confused::confused:

I guess we need to go there as soon as we board this Sunday and actually feel them before we book.

No they're not heated on the Royal/Regal - called the "Enclave".

The spa attendant who gives the the induction tour will most likely make a point of emphasizing that to you, as she did on our latest cruise. Her explanation was everything else is hot, so we didn't wan't the ceramic beds hot also..(really!!). Personally I think someone just made a booboo, as it just feels like laying on hard tiles as it is (although people were doing it...).

The Ceramic Beds on the Grand class ships with a "Thermal suite" have all been heated on our cruises. And as such feel more therapeutic than cold tiles (or warm tiles given the temperature of the room).

Still worth getting as the steam rooms in the Enclave are super hot, and the spa is nice and hot (comfortably so) as well....

The Princess website will say they're heated, and your inroom promotional video on the Enlcave will say they're heated, but they won't be....

No they're not heated on the Royal/Regal - called the "Enclave".

The spa attendant who gives the the induction tour will most likely make a point of emphasizing that to you, as she did on our latest cruise. Her explanation was everything else is hot, so we didn't wan't the ceramic beds hot also..(really!!). Personally I think someone just made a booboo, as it just feels like laying on hard tiles as it is (although people were doing it...).

The Ceramic Beds on the Grand class ships with a "Thermal suite" have all been heated on our cruises. And as such feel more therapeutic than cold tiles (or warm tiles given the temperature of the room).

Still worth getting as the steam rooms in the Enclave are super hot, and the spa is nice and hot (comfortably so) as well....

The Princess website will say they're heated, and your inroom promotional video on the Enlcave will say they're heated, but they won't be....

I agree......Also, there are NO other steam/sauna rooms on the Regal/Royal ships. You MUST purchase the Enclave.