Gem - Solo

Annie2013

Hi.

I am looking at the Gem leaving NYC on 1/28/17. Has anyone cruised on it and have any comments?

Thanks.

Annmarie

I have done a cruise on it last year, it was not that great. Was very hard to find other solos to socialize with. But then after a few month I did a cruise on Breakaway, what a huge difference. So from now on I will only cruise on Breakaway, I hate flying so that is the reason I will stick to Breakaway. But if I were to fly I would do Escape, Gateway or Epic with NCL. All these ships are best for solos, at least in my opinion.

I have done a cruise on it last year, it was not that great. Was very hard to find other solos to socialize with. But then after a few month I did a cruise on Breakaway, what a huge difference. So from now on I will only cruise on Breakaway, I hate flying so that is the reason I will stick to Breakaway. But if I were to fly I would do Escape, Gateway or Epic with NCL. All these ships are best for solos, at least in my opinion.

Hi, thanks for the input. I just booked a cruise on the Breakaway for next year. No need to fly, just hop a train, looking forward to it.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi.

I am looking at the Gem leaving NYC on 1/28/17. Has anyone cruised on it and have any comments?

Thanks.

Annmarie

I was on the Gem 1/12/16 cruise and had a great time as a solo. I joined the rollcall and got involved with many cruisers. We went together to beaches in St. Martin and Tortola also did a sailboat tour in St. Thomas.

We also had a slot pull, cabin crawl and many card games.

Gem has a solo/single meetup each evening to meet others and sometimes we had dinner. So join your rollcall and have fun.

I was on the Gem 1/12/16 cruise and had a great time as a solo. I joined the rollcall and got involved with many cruisers. We went together to beaches in St. Martin and Tortola also did a sailboat tour in St. Thomas.

We also had a slot pull, cabin crawl and many card games.

Gem has a solo/single meetup each evening to meet others and sometimes we had dinner. So join your rollcall and have fun.

May I ask the solo/single meetup that you attended, were there only woman or did the meet have both? Also was it hosted?

I am thinking of doing a cruise on March 22nd, the rate is great right now. I looked at the roll call, there is not one solo there.

May I ask the solo/single meetup that you attended, were there only woman or did the meet have both? Also was it hosted?

I am thinking of doing a cruise on March 22nd, the rate is great right now. I looked at the roll call, there is not one solo there.

Hosted in the Bliss Lounge at 6PM with a mix of solos/singles and both sexes and one person I was not sure of gender.

With a great rate hopefully other solos will find that cruise.

I did a solo on Breakaway 3 months after her inaugural. Did the studio cabins and loved it. I, too, love just hopping on the subway to the port and not having to fly (I do fly, but don't like it). I met plenty of other solos and had a wonderful time. It's a beautiful ship and will do it again!!!

Hi, thanks for the input. I just booked a cruise on the Breakaway for next year. No need to fly, just hop a train, looking forward to it.

I think you made an excellent choice- I went on it twice and loved it- a lot more than the Jewel which is similar to the GEM. I think the Breakaway offers more for solos, and more in general.