Fuimicino to Civitavecchia by train using FM1 and FM 5

WAVTAM

Never done the train and I'm not concerned with stairs or luggage. I went to Trenitalia site , but some how I can't get schedule.

Just want price and times to do transfer at Trasterve.

Can some Rome expert provide detail steps for this trip.....Thanks in advance.

On Trenitaila site, make sure "All trains "is checked, FROM is "Fiumicino Aeroporto" , TO "Civitavecchia" . Put any date, you'll get the schedule. Trains are often, timing anywhere between 90 to 110 min to get to Civitavecchia. Present price is 11€. Buy ticket from vending machine or ticket booth.

Edited by hkto

Never done the train and I'm not concerned with stairs or luggage. I went to Trenitalia site , but some how I can't get schedule.

Just want price and times to do transfer at Trasterve.

Can some Rome expert provide detail steps for this trip.....Thanks in advance.

Note that the trains you'll be taking on this trip are Regionale trains, which only come up in the schedule 1 week in advance. Thus, check this week's trains to give you an idea of times.

We did this same journey a couple of years ago after our Med cruise. It's quite easy. At Trastevere, when you go down into the underground passage that connects the platforms, just check the screens to see from what platform to catch the Fiumicino Aeroporto train from.

We have done this a number of times. It is not an issue for us since we do carry on.

You need to be aware that more often than not the elevators at Trastevere or Ostiense (we have been routed through both) are out of service. This means that you will have to carry your luggage down the stairs and then back up to the track.