Cruise Critic Community
mywong23

Bartender Teo writes autobiography

Our favorite Crystal bartender, Teoman Toydemir, recently penned his autobiography: "Cruising Through Life as a Bartender".

His labor of love took a year to transcribe his memories, anecdotes, and philosophies into black and white..... plus another year to edit.

The printed book is available thru Amazon. (ISBN# 9781522764205)

Teo is not permitted to sell his book on board or in Apropos, like other lecturers & entertainers stock their CD's and DVD's.... :(

I'm guessing it would be Teo's greatest pleasure, to see you walking around with a copy... in which he could sign and write a personal dedication :)

Congratulations to our mixologist author, Teo !!!

Patty & Mike Wong

20160204_195301.jpg.137e205efad49d78c0977bd7b4379fb8.jpg

20160204_195347.jpg.8c7cd1ed7140cee27b98719b35c9e4d8.jpg

621825886_a20160204_195612.jpg.a6bd19b0f28ce17f02bf6538431069fe.jpg

I'm reading this book right now. Got it from Amazon and love it. It's one of those books that's so fun to read, you don't want it to end.

We're back on Crystal Symphony next month and we're looking forward to congratulating Teo in person.

Thank you Mike and Patty for posting this and Acker for noting it's available at Amazon.Com

I will order a copy this morning.

Keith

I just ordered mine on IBooks for $2.99 and now it is on my IPAD. Teo is a fantastic bartender and a great asset to Crystal.

I'm reading the book on the ship. It gives great insight into Teo and his life. It's funny, interesting and a quick read.

I've known Teo since Harmony days and it is a pleasure to know his story and see him on the ship. A wonderful familiar face to greet me each time we return to the Symphony. He's like family to us.

Ack! I wish it was available here on the Symphony. Now I have to wait until the cruise ends and I get home to get a copy.

I look forward to reading it.

Just downloaded the book on my iPad...can't wait to read it. I've sailed with Teo numerous times and he's a great guy and a wonderful member of the Symphony team.

Nancy

anyone currently on #6204 Valparaiso to Miami ?

you can find Teo in the Avenue Saloon, where he'll mix

the drink of the day or your choice of spirits :)

Just downloaded the book on my ipad. Read the first chapter. It is interesting and very well written. Looking forward to reading it all, and congratulating Teo on the Symphony in March.

Read it a couple of weeks ago. Enjoyed it! Teo is a asset to Crystal and I always enjoy talking to him.

Lisa

I'm a long time lurker, and infrequent poster. I don't remember how I heard of this book, was it mentioned in a post last week? Anyway, I ordered it, read it, and am about to add my review to Amazon. For what it's worth, this is my review:

If you've always wondered what's it like to work on a cruise ship, this is the book for you. Teo's stories make me envious! He was fortunate enough to begin his career on cruise ships while in his late teens, and he does a great job writing about being young and experiencing the world. Imagine being 20 and cruising around the world! He's a bartender with the world's top rated cruise line and probably rubs shoulders with the rich and famous but this book is not a tell-all. It's about living a life many of us only dream about - cruising the world, visiting the most far flung places: dancing in Rio, swimming in Polynesia. shopping in Hong Kong. You name it, he's had the opportunity to experience it. In my next life I want to come back as a cruise ship bartender!

Thanks for the recommendation -- bought it on Kindle and had a lovely time reading it on my flight from the US to, ultimately, the Seychelles (heading to check out Crystal Esprit).

Definitely fun to read.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Our favorite Crystal bartender, Teoman Toydemir, recently penned his autobiography: "Cruising Through Life as a Bartender".

His labor of love took a year to transcribe his memories, anecdotes, and philosophies into black and white..... plus another year to edit.

The printed book is available thru Amazon. (ISBN# 9781522764205)

Teo is not permitted to sell his book on board or in Apropos, like other lecturers & entertainers stock their CD's and DVD's.... :(

I'm guessing it would be Teo's greatest pleasure, to see you walking around with a copy... in which he could sign and write a personal dedication :)

Congratulations to our mixologist author, Teo !!!

Patty & Mike Wong

vistaman - you are correct. Teo, whose bartending and stories we have appreciated on several Crystal cruises, devotes a chapter in his book to his Seabourn adventures.

Bob & Bob

I will be on Symphony twice this year, just wondering if he will be on board then.

I will be on Symphony twice this year, just wondering if he will be on board then.

When will you be on? I'll ask him if he expects to be here then.

We'll be on from May 12 thru June 4th......hoping to see him again!

When will you be on? I'll ask him if he expects to be here then.

July 2, and Nov 26.

Thanks.

Thanks for finding out.

Looking forward to seeing him in Nov.

Had a couple long flights and read the book, I really enjoyed it, and look forward to telling him so next time we cruise.

Aloha,

Willi