Brutally Honest on the Conquest 1/31-2/6

howdyharley

i was on the same Jan. 31 sailing of the Carnival Conquest. Myself and 3 lady friends left our hubby's at home and did our semi-annual "girls cruise". We had individual cabins.

We all purchased our air from Albany, NY to Ft. Lauderdale through Carnival's Fly2Fun. We had our choice of flights and it all worked out well. All flights were on time. Of course there were lines during embarkation.

Muster drill took longer than usual and the other side of the ship was "released" before we were so we spent a lot of time standing around. Whole drill lasted well over a half hour.

Dinners in the main dining room were always good. I could nit-pick a little but in life nothing is perfect and we just rolled with the flow. The American Table menu and table settings were fine with us. The food was very good - service was good. You could see the waiters are expected to do more so sometimes there were slight glitches. No worries. The melting cake was as good as ever. The one dessert I missed and wish they would bring back is the "bitter and blanc". They did have a chocolate/banana bread pudding that possibly replaced bitter and blanc, but I didn't care for it. They served lobster tails on the first elegant night and shrimp cocktail was available every night.

We had breakfast at the Sea Day Brunch a couple of times and also in the dining room on port days. Guys Burger Joint was as good as ever.

The hot tubs were nice and hot, the pools were full and I spent one afternoon relaxing in one and it was nice. The sun was very hot; of course it felt nice to be warm for a change however, I did have to move into the shade more than once. Many chairs spent the afternoon with just a towel saving them but after a few minutes, I always found a place to sit.

Shows were mostly good. Enjoyed the piano bar, especially since it is now smoke free. The Piano Bar Man, Tommy G, was excellent.

The shops were closed for the first two days for renovation or whatever. When they finally opened after the first port day, they were noticeably short of merchandise. Seems like all they had was high end clothes, purses, jewelry. Very few casual t-shirts and trinkets and souvenir type items. We later learned that several pallets of merchandise was left back in Ft. Lauderdale due to Customs hold up or something like that.

Embarkation was as expected with long lines in Customs. We used "Luggage Express" which is so worth the $20 to not see our luggage until we were back in Albany. No finding luggage in the warehouse, no dragging luggage to the busses.

Broke it up for easier reading. You're welcome :)

THANK YOU! I actually did the same thing because I wanted to read the review, but it was giving me a headache.

Sounds like the OP just had a miserable time the whole trip from leaving their house till they got home.

When that many things go wrong, I tend to look at the one complaining. Maybe a couple of things went wrong and then they got hyper-critical and couldn't bounce back.

Sad really, to spend that much money on a trip and not have fun.

Speak for yourself. Commas and smileys are my best friends.:cool::p

Might I suggest purchasing, reading and applying the content of the book "Eats Shoots and Leaves" or what, maybe the title is "Eats, Shoots & Leaves". It's either about a Panda eating or a gunslinger shooting, depending on where you add the commas.

Might I suggest purchasing, reading and applying the content of the book "Eats Shoots and Leaves" or what, maybe the title is "Eats, Shoots & Leaves". It's either about a Panda eating or a gunslinger shooting, depending on where you add the commas.

I've read it. Funny book.:) I also like the slogan:

"Let's eat, Grandma!"

"Let's eat Grandma!"

Punctuation Saves Lives

:p

Edited by ShakyBeef