Oh no, I think up grade stinks?

loveJake

Late last week I finally saw my inside guarantee appear, 9204 Lido deck. I am completely satisfied with an inside and thought the deck location was great actually was quite an up grade. Today my room changed, and yes now I have an oceanview, but I went from the top to the bottom 1436 all the way at the end. The major problem I have with this room is that is is a connecting room. What do you loose to for the space of the door? Do you hear everything from the next cabin? Please don't tell me that is why you do not book a guarantee, this is our 8th cruise and the first time I did this so yes I know better but just felt like taking a gamble and being cheap. Also the first on Carnival and did not find these boards until after I booked. Anyone think this cabin has any good points besides the window and close to the elevators?

Late last week I finally saw my inside guarantee appear, 9204 Lido deck. I am completely satisfied with an inside and thought the deck location was great actually was quite an up grade. Today my room changed, and yes now I have an oceanview, but I went from the top to the bottom 1436 all the way at the end. The major problem I have with this room is that is is a connecting room. What do you loose to for the space of the door? Do you hear everything from the next cabin? Please don't tell me that is why you do not book a guarantee, this is our 8th cruise and the first time I did this so yes I know better but just felt like taking a gamble and being cheap. Also the first on Carnival and did not find these boards until after I booked. Anyone think this cabin has any good points besides the window and close to the elevators?

I'd take an OV over an inside regardless, don't care where it is... LOL... as far as the space you lose with the door? The door is on the wall... so you might not be able to hang pictures :p Seriously, I have had a connecting cabin and it was no different than others, at least that I knew of.

Sorry that you found the boards too late. It is rare that cabins change after they are set--but it does happen. and it can happen again up til sailing. Thats the joy of booking guarantee.

But you did book an inside and got an oceanview so it does work.. Riveria deck is the place to be-- very quiet and feels less motion then being all the way top. you went from an inside guarantee to a 4e then upgraded to a 6A. I think that is a wonderful upgrade.

I also booked a guarantee and have been assigned a joining room... I am scared. I dont know what to expect.

I dont want a joining room, I want a regular room. What has been your experience with a joining room?:eek:

Have you never stayed in an adjoining hotel room? Most hotels do have adjoining rooms... and most people never know they are adjoining. There is no difference... I don't even understand why anyone would think there would be... it's a door, and it's locked...

I also booked a guarantee and have been assigned a joining room... I am scared. I dont know what to expect.

I dont want a joining room, I want a regular room. What has been your experience with a joining room?:eek:

I don't understand what you are scared of. There is a door in the wall, instead of a solid wall. Otherwise the room should be pretty much the same.

What do you mean you don't know what to expect? Like I said it's the same as a regular room with a door in the wall. Keep it locked and that's the end of your worries.

Bill

Im sorry that you are dissappointed but if you wanted something then you should have booked it that way. gettting a cabin anywhere at all on the ship is the chance of booking gaurantee. Please dont think this is harsh--its not- its just the hard truth.

You could always opt for an upgrade--it will just cost you.

Thanks all, I was just being dramatic:D I will like it or get over it as long as I am not working, it will be ok.

Ya know--one of the good things about finidng out such things before you go so the dissappointment can wear off. Glad ya found out now instead of once onboard

ok now I'm doing the happy dance again. I think some of the problem is that on Friday when I posted my room number, Lido deck, some said it was a great place to be, probably for an inside room. So now I'm ready to go, we have sailed 6 times in an ocean view deck 2 and once deck 3 inside so I do know an ocean view is better then an inside, this is on the Glory. I'm happy, first Carnival and I know I will love it. Thanks!

You will have to invite them over for cocktails if you smuggle any alcohol;)

Hey Jake..When are you going? Just curious as I've been checking site every day for our Glory cruise on 11/26..We only booked a 1A guar..going with some friends and that was all they were willing (could afford) to do so we did the same..first time on Glory...1st with a guar. No room assignment yet but yesterday for the first time...the picture of my stateroom changed from the upper/lower bunk pic to the regular 'inside' stateroom pic...The mystery of this is really intriguing!! I may book guarantees in the future..cause it's been fun to fantasize about where we will be onboard.

We are leaving town again on Thursday and won't be back til mid-Nov...I'll have to wait for docs til we return:(

We've had everything from insides in the dungeon to balcony suites up top..any cruise is a great cruise...can't wait!

Serene...

My TA said they did not but Carnival says they do...another poster also reports having stayed in one..said it was very spacious..I was actually looking forward to trying something different. By my calculations..(spending too much time on the sites)..there are only about 16 on the whole ship..and also...LOTS of available cabins to choose from in all catagories...I'm almost certain of an upgrade at this point...I really don't are whether or not we get one...just love researching the whole process....that's half the fun!

Oh I'm jumping around the house like an idiot! I just checked and are room changed again, we have a balcony! I've never sailed with a balcony before. I'm so excited I don't know what to do!

Keep your self calm. and keep the fingers crossed. It could change back to what you originally booked.

That ahppened to me on the LEgend-- we booked oceanview and got upgraded 3 times before we were finally set to an oceanview. boy talk about being disappointed. It allw orked out though.

WHen is your cruise.. and where are you checkling

Congrats on your upgrade...that's amazing!

I'm curious, though, you said you "checked" and the upgrade "appeared." Is this on the Carnival website? I've checked all over in the "My reservation" section and I see nothing of the sort. Where do I check?

We're guaranteed oceanview on the 1/01/06 sailing of the Victory. Does your cabin assignment appear shortly before you sail?

We've always just rec'd our cabin assignments at the dock.

Laura

I use the method I found on the boards, must have ordered the same bottle of wine 100 times. I go to my fun pass, click on edit and then at the bottom of the page click on order gifts. I click on anything and buy it, then at the bottom of the page your reservation number and cabin number appear. You don't actually buy anything because that's where you stop.

The ship really looks empty, at all the travel sites rooms are available as well as the Carnival site, 12/3 Glory.

It was guarantee IS from when we booked in May, to an inside cabin # on Friday, then to a window cabin # this morning, and this afternoon to a balcony cabin #.

I use the method I found on the boards, must have ordered the same bottle of wine 100 times. I go to my fun pass, click on edit and then at the bottom of the page click on order gifts. I click on anything and buy it, then at the bottom of the page your reservation number and cabin number appear. You don't actually buy anything because that's where you stop.

This doesn't appear to be working for me. - its asking me for my booking number and cabin number.

Oh well -

You'll be fine....the door is in the wall...... With Adjoining rooms there are 2 doors in a wall between the rooms....people on both sides would have to unlock and open the doors...

Archived