Caribbean princess interactive tv

plunker

Just got off the Regal and the interactive tv's with all the movies were amazing. We also just booked the Caribbean Princess for Feb of 2017 and are wondering if this ship has this feature? If it doesnt do you think it will get it by this time next year?

We were on the CB last October and more recently the Regal. The TV on the CB was not like the one on the Regal which I would call interactive. It was really nice. The CB had an older type of TV but did have flat panel TVs. We are going again on the CB in two weeks and will see if they have changed their TV presentation.

We were on CB recently. Enjoyed the tv. Lots of new movies.

were they free? Our first Princess cruise after doing HAL for a bunch. We are used to free Tv and CDs for movies. I would hate to have to pay more just to fall asleep to something :)

Thx

ML

were they free? Our first Princess cruise after doing HAL for a bunch. We are used to free Tv and CDs for movies. I would hate to have to pay more just to fall asleep to something :)

Thx

ML

There is no charge to watch tv/movies on Princess regardless of the ship.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

No interactive TV on the CB.

Don't hold your breath, it seems Princess has stopped doing this after completing the Sapphire in March 2014. :(

Have you picked up an idea of why not? We were spoiled with the new interactive on the Royal last year. We just got off the Emerald and had a hard time adjusting back to the must. Stay. In. My. Room. And. See. Full. Movie. Or. Miss. It. again!

Have you picked up an idea of why not? We were spoiled with the new interactive on the Royal last year. We just got off the Emerald and had a hard time adjusting back to the must. Stay. In. My. Room. And. See. Full. Movie. Or. Miss. It. again!
My guess is it would cost too much to retrofit ships, and would require running more cable and perhaps creating multiple digital video distribution servers and/or receiver boxes.

Unfortunately it seems to be the typical track record for these types/rollouts of new things.

I know it took several months while the Sapphire was in service as they installed this. Its was a disruption in service, as well as equipment and wires running through the passageways, and having to enter cabins several times.

No interactive TV on the CB.

Don't hold your breath, it seems Princess has stopped doing this after completing the Sapphire in March 2014. :(

And that was in preparation for being deployed to Asia & I believe it's also on the Diamond for the same reason so unless we go there our only options for this system are the Royal & Regal. :(

Edited by Astro Flyer

My guess is it would cost too much to retrofit ships, and would require running more cable and perhaps creating multiple digital video distribution servers and/or receiver boxes.

When sailing on the Sapphire in January 2014 they were adding flat panel TVs attached to the wall like on the Royal & Regal. I asked the Captain's Circle host if they were also adding the interactive TV system & he chuckled saying that would require too much rewiring & it would not be added.

As we know the system was added to the Sapphire without doing it in a drydock & I did see some hallway ceiling panels open with what appeared to be rewiring. Whatever the cost Princess has decided to only add the system to ships going to Asia & to their new builds. :(