All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

Pretty beach cover up! I can never find any I like. I remember once finding the perfect style in Chadwicks, and they had a zillion colors that would work. I never got around to buying them, and the last I checked, they didn't carry them any more. At least not the style I liked. Live and learn!

Pretty dresses & necklaces. My daughter just started selling Swarzki (sp) jewelry (cause she gets a cut & she buys a lot of it). Take a look at their catalog.

Here’s a couple more relaxed pictures. By the way I got the coverup at Penneys, it’s a nice soft cotton jerseyc117a782d46365747030378c14e07299.jpg13fc01bae11beb8bd9ecc3a5b5221634.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Merry Christmas! I hace a little more cooking to do, but tonight is our special dinner. Beef tenderloin, red baby potatoes...and I made a turtle cheesecake for dessert! After that, it's white Christmas martinis in our pjs while watching a few movies. It's a Wonderful Life and White Christmas.

Tomorrow the family comes over for a mid day party, but we have a smaller group this year. Based on the forecast, it may just be us! Then back to work Tuesday...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Merry Christmas!

I was running around the beach all day with my nephew and had some excellent sister time too. We all went out to dinner for steak, a nice malbec, and turtle pie.

Tomorrow we'll be at my sister's for presents, a pool party at her house with a pile of our cousins and friends, then turkey dinner.

Tuesday is couple time for DH and me, then

Wednesday my brother and his girls arrive and we'll probably all hang at the beach for the rest of the week. The weather has been just beautiful and I even went in the Gulf today though its a bit chilly.

Tomorrow I get to meet my sister's show horse tenants who were former Ringling Bros stars.:)

P.s. my sister and I changed for dinner, and we both walked out in burnt orange tops. We have done that sort of thing soooo many times.

Edited by MJC
Add info

Laurie, love the red on that dress. I cant wear burgundy but if that dress were red too I'd be all over it.

As between the two necklaces with the blue, I think I prefer the more sparkly one, not surprisingly. :)

Here’s our two girls 00fa27f51769cdf8a49fc1a0ddf79098.jpg last night. (Our son had already left with his crowd). We had our traditional soup & panini feast (I brought 10 lbs of jumbo shrimp cocktail & it’s all gone). along with 35 different (yup) cookies & candies. Today is turkey at our son’s & more desserts [emoji849]. Merry Christmas all. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a little more time at the moment to post, and I realized I missed a few things.

Melody, it's great to see the kids loved the bears! And your daughters are beautiful.

Margaret, it sounds like you have been having a fantastic time! I am craving warm weather. It is so cold here.

I really miss having some time off at the holidays. I can't complain though, I used some vacation time at Thanksgiving.

Margaret, I wish those pictures I took had come out better. I love the style of both of those dresses. You might remember me having the burgundy one in red a few years back? Since, I couldn't get the one dress in a color that was earth, and I love red, I went with that. The burgundy dress was available in a lot of different colors. They were hard to figure out from the website though. I opted for the burgundy because it sometimes works for me, and I thought it was the best option after red.

I don't know about all of you, but I can never find that earthy garnet kind of color. Even when I think I have found it, I walk out of the store and in regular lighting, it's not earth.

The necklaces were the biggest disappointment when it comes to pictures, because they are both beautiful with the dress. I think the one that is a pendant style is the best choice. It seems to fit the dress better from a style perspective. The other necklace is different gem stones all around (simulated opal, sapphire, and all sorts of aqua and greenish shades) that captures a little bit of what I was thinking of.

Boy, if I could just design a necklace for a dress, I'd have a grand time. I envision different gemstones, much larger than the dainty necklace in various shades - mostly shades of teal to pick up the dress color, but then some other unexpected colors too. I was envisioning multiple colors, but with the teals being more prominent, it would still allow the dress to shine.

I don't think I'm describing this very well.

This has the idea with the colors, but not the style.

https://www.talbots.com/online/accessories/jewelry/necklaces/celestial-cluster-necklace-prdi44423/N-10610?selectedConcept=

I also thought of all teal, but with a floral look to it to pick up the floral lace, such as this, only in matching colors to the dress:

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/kate-spade-new-york-rose-gold-tone-multi-stone-pink-flower-statement-necklace?ID=5363315&CategoryID=55352#fn=JEWELRY_TYPE%3DNecklaces%26NECKLACE_STYLE%3DStatement%26SIZE%3D%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D1793%26ruleId%3D105%7CBOOST%20SAVED%20SET%7CBOOST%20ATTRIBUTE%26searchPass%3DmatchNone%26slotId%3D22

Melody, it's interesting to see you in different colors. I know you love to wear fire colors, but black is ice. Someday, we will all meet in person. Wouldn't that be neat? I would love to see you all, and see how your eyes, skin tone and hair work together.

I'm wondering if you are actually earth. Part of it could be that you seen ti greatly enjoy your clothing choices, and it shows. You are energetic, and that would explain your love of fire colors. When you wear them, you really love to wear them.

And we are having a cold spell here too. We don't have a lot of snow, but we have it. The roads have been very slippery for a week. Last week, we were getting freezing rain and sleet, now it is so cold the snow isn't melting so it creates some slick roads. Christmas day, we were getting wind gusts of over 50 miles per hour, and visibility was rough in areas.

I’m pretty sure that I’m not earth, I may have been when I was a redhead (medium Auburn with green eyes). I wore sage green, camel & looked good. When I decided to let my hair go silver I could no longer wear more than half of my wardrobe as the colors looked drab & I felt tired in them. That’s when I started looking around. I am most comfortable in fiery colors, bright cobalt blue & turquoise being my absolute favorites. I do like black & feel good in it. Guess I’m fire & ice [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Happy New Year to all! Melody

A belated Merry Christmas to everyone! We are back from our Christmas gathering with DH's family. It was fine. Not wonderful but not horrible. It didn't pan out the way it was supposed to be so it was a bit disappointing. There was a change in plans and instead of everyone all piling into one big house/cabin, there were 2 cabins and so the interaction between the people at the two different locals was awkward in timing and dealing with stuff. Ah well.

The weather was very cold. And I took way too many clothes. I thought we might be more active than we were. Not trying to sound negative but we didn't really do anything, no real hikes or trips into town, etc. It was kind of lame. One day, I didn't even change out of my lounging clothes until right before dinner!

I really enjoyed all your photos Margaret. It looks like you had a very active trip but were very relaxed still. Pretty frustrating about the hiking shoes. Shoe choices are so important! It's like you can deal with just about everything else so long as you can keep your feet happy. Sounds like it you were able to recover though.

Those bears are amazing Melody. I have a 5 year old and 2 year old nephew and niece and they also got big bears at Christmas. Not quite as big as those...but still...they were doing the exact same thing with their bears!

Pretty dresses Laurie. Your cruise will be here so quickly...time really does march on...

I made our public use cabin reservation today for our post Alaska cruise nights! It felt like so long ago when I discovered this idea and had to wait for the 6 month window to make the reservation. But finally today, at 10am, I was able to get our top choice for the cabin reserved. Very excited!!

This means that we won't be needing a tent for our post cruise adventures. I'm very happy about that...I did have a concern about weather affecting our enjoyment if we were relying on a tent.

Laurie. I am Celtic. Mostly Irish (from Dad) & English, Scottish & Welch (from Mom). My eyes are green/hazel, more hazel since the cataract & retina surgeries, they never used to change with what I wore

Anita, sorry your plans didn’t pan out. We’ve tried that before & it always feels somewhat awkward. Yay, Alaska is set, that’s great. The bears were an amazing hit, not sure how I’ll top them, or if I’ll even try. Melody

Melody, I asked about your heritage because I could remember a few things Curt said when we all were starting out with this.

First, we don't change season. He stated he didn't want to get too involved with the sub-categories at that point, but we don't go from earth to fire, or ice to air, etc. However, as we age, our coloring tends to tone down or fade, and so some colors won't look as good on us as they used to.

The second thing was that there was someone who didn't post pictures, but asked him a lot of questions. She made the remark that she had red or auburn hair, and she was certain that black was a great color for her. He commented that for some people with a certain Celtic heritage, they were ice. He said it wasn't common, but did occur.

I have been thinking about you and colors a lot. I am not an expert in any way or form, but I love to learn about all this. I was thinking that when our features change, we often don't like things that we used to like. It isn't necessarily that something doesn't look good, but we no longer like wearing it due to the change.

I have felt this way about clothing since losing weight. I'm really the same shape I've always been, just smaller. But I feel differently about some styles.

Do you think this could be the case with you? That it could be more of how you feel about a color than the way you look in them? Then the second thing is, Curt was doing the best he could with looking at our photos...so maybe you weren't an earth to begin with?

I was thinking your sparkly silver formal night outfit and your recent black outfit looked good on you, from what I could tell from the photos. I got to wondering if you were ice, so I remembered Curt's comment.

Anita, I often feel too busy lately to feel relaxed or even organized. I sometimes look forward to not having too much to do. Being in a cabin relaxing sounds good to me, but I would imagine it wouldn't work well for a holiday gathering with family. At home with my puppies, a good book and a glass of wine...perfect.

Having the family split between two cabins had to be awkward.

I was thinking that my cruise is much closer than I have realized. It's just over 3 months away. I will need to make a choice on which dress I want to bring, but it doesn't have to be made for a little while yet. I plan to try them all on again with my dress sandals, as I am pretty sure that they are all just a little bit long. I have a few different sandals, but the heel height is the same on all of them.

We normally have a quiet, laid back New Year's Eve and Day, which would be great for the relaxation I am craving. However, we have had a remodeling project for our half bath on the back burner for literally years. We bought the tile and all the fixtures, and haven't had a chance to do it. We decided on using a contractor, who happened to have an opening the week of Christmas. Since my husband was off this week, we decided to go for it. It's a full remodel - the whole thing was gutted.

It's the smallest half bath you'll ever see in your life. It is so small I bought a quart of paint instead of a gallon because I only have to paint the upper half of the wall because we're tiling the rest.

I will post pictures once it is done. But we are doing some work ourselves, so tomorrow my husband is sanding, then on New Year's Day, I'll be painting. There are some fun things though - we are going to a basketball game tomorrow evening, and will be home well before midnight. I'm very excited about having this room finished up. We checked the receipts on the stuff we bought that we had stored in the basement, and we bought them in 2009! Scary, eh?

You know what, I need to see what necklaces I have for the red and burgundy dresses. I have a few in mind that I already have. When I try on the dresses to check the length, I'll put the necklaces on as well to see what I think.

We are having quite a cold spell. We've missed out on the big storms, but it seems like we are always getting some snow. It's been rough driving.

Laurie, you may be right. Black has always been a good color for me, even when I was auburn. Gold is my worst color (I look sallow). Cobalt blue, pretty icy...my best color. Turquoise, bright. Icy? Fiery? Blue red, good. Yellow red not so good. Burgundy, pretty good (I love your burgundy dress). Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My cruise to Cuba is six weeks away and I have not given a thought to what I am taking . As it gets closer I will see what the weather is and pack . I have so much mix and match JJill things that I can pretty much pull it together quickly .I am only taking a small bag since the cruise is five days . We are going to Key West and then a day and a half in Cuba .We hired a guide to take us everywhere including two famous bars and cigar shopping .My daughter lives in the frozen North and she is already sick of the snow.I hope this is not how the whole winter will be .I occasionally wear black and I think it looks okay on me .I worry more about my style than the actual colors . If I have on something that is really not me I am unhappy and can not wait to change .Laurie , Have you ever considered all inclusive resorts . They have all the elements of cruising but you stay in one place and it is definetely relaxing .

Sally, can’t wait to hear how you liked Cuba! This is the first time we haven’t had a cruise on the books in years! We do have a trip planned back to Boston for our 50th high school reunion on 1 Sep, but nothing else yet. We’ll likely stay on East coast for 2-3 weeks when we go. Melody