All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

The we got back and decided that our tired limbs could use a swim. The hotel pool was freezing! We then went downstairs and had a drink. We weren't hungry due to the pizza we ate at lunch so just rested after that.

The next day was our trip home. Over breakfast, we were discussing Hyde Park when my husband said. "Do you want to go to Cooperstown instead?"

No need to guess what my answer was. I've been to the mansion and Roosevelt homestead before, and seeing the Baseball Hall of Fame was a bucket list item for me.

20181002_134028.thumb.jpg.e2c98375c7caaf2802a505c23942920d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

20181002_102130.thumb.jpg.35084cbdb9f3f265fd9c42326a2a0a1c.jpg

20181002_123444.thumb.jpg.ee4497d1c9c9f8a723a2a65e6b2a1cfe.jpg

20181002_130243.thumb.jpg.45aaf8c85eea58ba889e20a2b45dbf7c.jpg

20181002_130828.thumb.jpg.cae44710de8d355ba0ad8cafaca519ad.jpg

20181002_151201.thumb.jpg.f8efb86cc800ce8657f06891fcc733c0.jpg

Oooh! I forgot to tell you that later in the week. We went to Waterloo Premium Outlet Mall. There are really only a few stores I go there for, but it is worth the drive 3 or 4 times a year.

They have a Loft Outlet there. They were at 50% off and I had an email for an additional amount off. It's nice to find earth colors in items thst don't scream fall. I didn't take the best photo, but...

20181005_163543.thumb.jpg.4f7cdacda979acf419caa531826b688e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

Great trip Laurie! I need to look up where it was that you went. Looks nice. Fun that you could getaway and have that change of plans...going to the Baseball Hall of Fame? I remember the one picture from A League of Their Own. Such a good movie.

I've been watching old movies lately. They really had to have a better story and better dialogue for the most part. One of the funnest ones I watched was Stagecoach, a break through western from 1939. John Wayne's break out role! It was nominated for 5 Oscars and won 2. And I watched the ORIGINAL Love Affair, also from 1939 I think. It's the one that An Affair to Remember is a remake of. Then of course, I had to watch Sleepless in Seattle... I also watched Gods and Monsters...really good movie. I bit creepy in places...I know the main actor as Gandolf more than any other character, so it was rather odd to see this role...

Maybe I'll rewatch A League of Their Own...anyone have other good old movie suggestions? I watched His Girl Friday again too...also great. The original A Star is Born, can't recall the year is also free for Amazon Prime. I think the Lady Gaga remake looks good. That will be the third or fourth time that the movie has been remade...

You are in the crazy time Sally! Those last days before cruising can be hectic.

I went down a rabbit hole yesterday and ended up reading all about women that shave their face? It's a special razor called a Tinkle. That IS the name...OMG...but has anyone ever read about this?

Margaret , I saw your thread about TA's . Lots of people on our TA booked at the last minute and got great prices . We booked early and also got good prices . The one thing that I found to be a real waste is a balcony on a TA . All you see is endless water .Book an ocean view and save the money for other things . Also join your roll call because a lot of people organize private tours which cost a fraction of the trips tours and are better .We are going to play the last minute vacation lottery next year since we have no place in mind and we are extremely flexible .Have passport will travel !

This is like the changes they made to gmail... maybe it's easier to load on a phone, but it's very hard to read, and even harder to scan for information. All the white and gray is not helpful for those of us with aging eyes. Does CC not know their demographic???

So I couldn't cut and paste the links as hyperlinks directly in the post like I used to, I had to use the link icon in the tool bar. I also couldn't preview my post (or at least haven't found that feature yet).

Oh, just found it, it's the magnifying glass one on the far right. :classic_cool:

I see you in all those! I cleared out more from my closet yesterday. I’ve discovered how helpful DS is with evaluating some clothes. It’s a bummer to admit to making bad purchases...anyway I came out with this one cardigan sweater thinking that there’s nothing wrong with it and it was even a flattering silhouette but somehow it wasn’t me. DS said “yeah, you wouldn’t wear that.” Hitting my dresser today.

I’m trying to get my desk cleared off so I can get some sewing and other work done! Sadly my desk has become a dumping ground for things that can’t quite find a home in our closet...hence the motivation to start there with the whole go through everything before we move.

Also, I’m embarking on a no buy season. With the move coming next summer, I’ve decided that it makes no sense to buy anything before moving, unless it’s truly necessary...I’m just going to make do.

Im glad you figured out the preview! Nothing is intuitive with this update. Someone else wrote about the circles and the stars to get to new posts. I think there’s a lot of functionality here but the look...ugh.

oh and the lack of privacy settings. That bothers me too. Whatever.

Anyone interested in a blue sweater cardigan from Soft Surroundings? Size L.