All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

I was looking at Cuba. When in February are you going Sally? What cruise line ? Les’s brother turns 80 in Feb & we’re thinking of going to Ft Myers for that. The timing might work. Of course, I just saw that visas are going to be halted for Cuba. Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are going Feb.17 on Carnival . I would have preferred Royal but we have a cruise credit from Carnival we had to use . I have to look into that about Visas .That would end that trip .

It is the Carnival Paradise which is going into dry dock right after so I have my reservations about that but I really want to see Cuba and I prefer to go from Tampa . My other choice is Empress of the Seas in May but this embassy stuff is scary .If they stop the Cuba cruises I will probably take another Trans Atlantic or go To Quebec and cruise .

We were looking at Empress, but I read this morning that visas to Cuba are on pause

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From what I have read the US is not processing visas for travel TO the US. I have not seen anything about a US citizens getting visas from the Cuban government to visit there.

They were making me nervous, Melody. I wish Pedey was healthy enough to playmorr. I think he makes a difference.

Well ordered those two Michael Kors dresses that we're on sale. It isn't often the brand goes on sale and they let you use a coupon. I also find the styling suits me and he uses some good earth colors. I was so busy yesterday that I had a chance to take them out and look at them but I couldn't try them on until today.

The olive maxi. I am trying to remember what they called the color - ivy? It is an olive color. It's soft earth, and the rivets around the neckline are a matte gold. The straps are plenty wide enough to wear a regular bra ,but the shaping of the dress makes it super flattering. The fabric isn't jersey, but it lays beautiful. It gives me a shape, as I like to say.

The brown dress is really nice. I think I need to see a picture of me in it first. It's very nice, but I need to decide if it does something...the color is a great chocolate brown. I don't need this dress, so to speak, but I would definitely get use out of it.

Anyone who wears skinny jeans - Dressbarnhas this great caramel color. They run a bit big but they are really nice.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Red Sox, yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah. Meanwhile the Yanks are hanging on by their fingernails and they don't even deserve that. :( The Mets are famous for blowing any advantage they get no matter what the sims say. Proud of you guys for rockin your sports gear and supporting your team (even though it's the wrong one).

Our temps dropped 35 degrees in three days! Last weekend we were in bathing suits in the boat and this weekend it's fleece and shoes with socks. Say it ain't so.

We're looking at a temperature change on our cruise from low 60's in CA to high 70's in Mexico, so lots of layering, I suppose. I will probably wear a fleece to the airport because it will be cold here when we arrive home, and I can wear it in the evenings at sea on our balcony, which could be chilly.

We went to Costco yesterday & they had Spider jackets for $39. Don’t know if you’re familiar with the brand but they’re superb split season (warm but not heavy) sporty style jackets. Women’s sizes had cobalt blue (that I got a couple of weeks ago), hot pink (I’ll probably get) & what they called mariner green. It’s a superb earthy blue green (heavier on the green side). Les had wanted one but the guys only had 1/4 zip (till yesterday). He now has a full zip Spider in a blue/black, so black it almost has a blue cast. Also came in athletic grey & a weird shade of navy. It’ll probably turn out to be his winter coat (mr internal furnace!). Great price (normally $120) & superb quality. We’ll wear these jackets to FL for our cruise at Thanksgiving.

Laurie, can’t wait to see the dresses. Margaret, once a Boston fan always a Boston fan...it’s like being a Marine.

We had a week of cold (highs of 40) & rainy weather last week, pretty depressing. Today is gorgeous, sunny & 50. We’ll finish up the fall yard clean up. Melody

DEBBIE!!! Greige alert!!!!

We were back in Kohls yesterday with our Kohls dollars...and I found this lovely, lovely sweater:

IMG_1838.jpg

The background color is a perfect greige, I think...the blanket under the sweater is gray. Anyway...I thought your beautiful scarf would look lovely with this sweater, Debbie...but the style may not be as good for you. IDK.

I can't find it on the website. The brand is LC Lauren Conrad. It does have the lace edging and the bow in the back...so that might not be Debbie-like...may be too YinN to be YangG. BUT the color is the one I thought you were looking for and it would be interesting to see if it was...

The pants on the left are the skinnies that I have talked about that I bought from Target...the green ones I bought at the same time also work really well with this sweater.

Great hat Melody!!

We've cooled off a bit...FINALLY. Actually had a low in the 40s last night! And we're down to a high of 70 instead of lower 80s...but we'll be back in the 80s within the next 10 days...gonna be a high of 80 next Saturday...but that works for me...I'm going to wear that fun blue handkerchief hem, cold shoulder dress from Chicos the I got a while back but haven't been able to wear anywhere. We're going to see the Russian Grand Ballet perform Swan Lake!!!

Cute hat, Melody! I have a lot of trouble with hats. I think it's because they tend not to fit me right, and my hearing aid makes it worse because if anything presses on it, it squeals! How do you pack it for a trip?

I think the beading sets it off beautifully.

Margaret, I always tell everyone that the Yankees are my third favorite team. You all know who's #1. My second favorite are the Mets. I feel badly for the Mets. It seems like they get some really good players, but they never come together as a team lately.

My Dad was a big Yankees fan. As a result, most of my siblings followed suit. I am not sure how/why I became a Red Sox fan, but one day I was flipping through the channels, and I just became very drawn in to the team, and that was it.

The Red Sox have not played the way I would like. I'm proud of them, but they've had trouble with consistency this year. Melody, I know we all have favorites, different theories, etc., but I have felt that the main factor with their inconsistency is certain pitchers, and not having Pedroia healthy all season. What do you think? I like the addition of Nunez and Devers, but 3rd base stills needs an exorcism or something. I liked when they had Lin on 3rd, but I don't think they are thrilled with him offensively.

Margaret, please refresh my memory on your trip again?? I've forgotten. My Pacific coastal cruise was quite cold. That was in May.

I was going to ask everyone about their weather lately. Before I went on my cruise, it was cool at home. Sweater weather. When I came back, it was the same and then we jumped into an almost two week heat spell. Thankfully, it wasn't too humid, but we had some 90s in there and mid to upper 80s. Then a few days ago, it literally dropped 30 degrees in a twelve hour span. It's been cool this weekend. Today, it is nice in the sun but a bit chilly in the shade. Our windows are closed, and we are resisting turning on the heat. It was 50 last night and tonight there is a frost advisory.

So earlier I do the move of putting shorts and tank tops away while getting out sweaters. We still have plenty of transition weather, I'm sure. I have a handful of short sleeved tops out but mostly I have long sleeved knits, then the fleece we need around here and sweaters.

I grabbed a scarf in Target yesterday. The red is very orange red and kind of fire like, but the rest of the scarf was perfect for earth. I was wearing skinny jeans and a lightweight orange sweater with a jeans jacket. This worked really nice.

Having a jeans jacket is interesting for me. It like to wear it, but I find that I have a strong desire to pull the look together. It's so easy to do that though, like yesterday. The orange sweater has a wide rib and is fitted, and a bit of a scoop neck. It is detailed with a prominent gold half zipper in the front. So it all came together cute.

Margaret, sounds like you might need some layers. It can be so hard to pack sometimes. I'm fine when I know it is going to be very hot. Or if we go to Lake Placid, and it is calling for a certain temp, I know what to bring. But those fluctuations can make it hard to do.

The blouse is a sweater. The wine color on the left are the pants folded up, I just wanted to show the color. That's a pretty scarf Laurie. I'm really going to be working the scarves more, I think. I have a denim jacket too...it's been a bit too tight to wear for the past couple years but I've been doing very well and it's fitting better and I think it'll get a workout when the weather is cooler later this year...

Thanks Anita! I haven’t seen that brand at Kohls, must be one of their new ones. I love a good denim jacket. I have a traditional blue one, a white one & a khaki/black one, I wear them all the time.

Laurie, pretty scarf

We were posting around the same time! I have a rough time wearing gray. I can see you in that greige color, Anita. I can also see you in the Michael Kors maxi I just got. It's a soft earth color. I really like the gold rivets, and it's great that the detail is around the neck, to warm it up a bit more for me.

I do wear wine, burgundy and a few other colors that probably aren't my best. I find that lighting plays such a big role in stores. Just when I think I find a purplish brown color, or maybe a brick red, I come home and find that I purchased colors that are cooler than what I expected. Does that happen to all of you too?

The scarf is in Dressbarn. I was thinking about it a lot, and wondering how I would feel wearing it. I normally would not put navy next to my face. The only time I have is when I needed a suit and just couldn't find an earth color. I went with navy, and paired it up with warm shirts. It helped that my navy suit was a brighter navy, not that dark almost black color. I think the navy in the scarf is a brighter navy. I was thinking I could put this with my ivory cardigan and maybe a gold or orange knit top? I don't know though...

The one I bought for myself that I wore yesterday I'll post a picture of shortly. I was going to try and put the whole outfit together on a hanger, but the sweater is being washed so I figured I'd go with the picture of the scarf for now.

Margaret, I would love to see pictures of your apartment re-do. You must be so excited. My husband and I were talking about a few things this morning in our house. I would much rather have a few choice pieces of decor with some photos thrown in. He likes more things everywhere.

Every so often though, he agrees with me on cleaning things up a little. I am attached to photos, but not really other things. He's got shelves of books that were his parents that he has never read, and that I'm not interest in. I have an overwhelming desire to pack them up and get rid of them. That must sound awful. But I think you lose the value sometimes amid the clutter.

It's like rewearing clothes. I don't like it, but I can do it if I have to. I can put up with the clutter, if we organize it nicely. But when he starts to add to it, I'll ask what we are removing to make room for it. He agrees that it's a good approach.

Scanning back through these posts, I want one of those monster cookies, lol. I should go make dinner instead!!!

Laurie, only players Jersey I’ve ever bought is Pedroia. I like Nunez & Devers a lot. Don’t understand Young. Boegarts is a true 3d baseman, but I’d hate to lose him at short. The Sox are the only team I follow. My Mom was a season ticket holder (from 1920 till 1972). Serious fan, watched in her heels, suit, hat & gloves & could tell you everyone’s batting average & other stats. When the Sox finally won the Series in 2004 I put a series hat on her gravestone. Boy, I miss her, Oct 21 will be 45 years [emoji22].

Laurie, I wear hats for sun protection. This is a packable hat, rolls great. Melody

Anita ,I really like that sweater and jeans . It is a cute outfit . Very you !

I envy all you women shopping for fall clothes . We wear the same things pretty much year round . We do wear sweaters in Jan.and Feb. but that is it . I usually wear slightly different clothes in the later fall and winter but otherwise I wear the same clothes so I stock up when they go on sale .

Oh, Laurie! What a gorgeous scarf. I am so ready to wear scarves again! This weekend was the first time I've worn a scarf in months. It's back to the 80's again today. Big 'ole sigh!!!

Anita, thanks for the Kohl's tip. My office front door faces the back corner of our local Kohl's. I'll try to get by there to look for that top. The greige/taupe/whatever-color-they-decide-to-call-it-this-week is my jam. If you ever see that yellowish gray that is my other "oh-so-hard-to-find" neutral, please let me know. I've had one pair of pants that color in my lifetime and had planned to take them up on the sides to fit better, but mistakenly culled them from my wardrobe. So sad.