Anthem Dining Time Allotment

Hi all - booked for our first cruise on Anthem April 30. Question about how much time to allow for eating at the various dining venues. When I make reservations in my cruise planner many of the blocks it gives me on the calendar are only 30 minutes which seems short. (Chops reservation was 2 hours, but Grande and Silk both 30min). Trying to make sure we have enough time to eat and make it to shows.

How long do you typically plan for a dinner?

Thanks!

Sarah in Denver

Hi all - booked for our first cruise on Anthem April 30. Question about how much time to allow for eating at the various dining venues. When I make reservations in my cruise planner many of the blocks it gives me on the calendar are only 30 minutes which seems short. (Chops reservation was 2 hours, but Grande and Silk both 30min). Trying to make sure we have enough time to eat and make it to shows.

How long do you typically plan for a dinner?

Thanks!

Sarah in Denver

The 30 minutes you see is for seating purposes. They will only seat so many at any given time. I would plan on 1.5 to 2 hours for dinner. If you are at a table for 2, it could be less than thatn.

We normally plan for 2 hours because we typically have a table for 8. If we need to leave earlier, we tell the waiter, and they can usually get it down to 1.5 hours without too much trouble.

A table for two in MTD can be finished in an hour.

We normally plan for 2 hours because we typically have a table for 8. If we need to leave earlier, we tell the waiter, and they can usually get it down to 1.5 hours without too much trouble.

A table for two in MTD can be finished in an hour.

On Anthem, only if you are lucky. :D

Depends on the ship. The OP was asking about Anthem.

We only do MTD and sometimes we are out in 1 hour but more often than not it's about 1.5 hours.

Do you think Anthem is different because it's still a new ship and a work in progress, or is it something else, like few number of crewmembers, etc.

Do you think Anthem is different because it's still a new ship and a work in progress, or is it something else, like few number of crewmembers, etc.

That was our experience on Quantum. You had a waiter and his iPad. They needed more waitstaff in all the dining venues.

It also depends on dining time. We always eat early (5:30) so we really didn't have a major problem. Later times might have been different.

That was our experience on Quantum. You had a waiter and his iPad. They needed more waitstaff in all the dining venues.

It also depends on dining time. We always eat early (5:30) so we really didn't have a major problem. Later times might have been different.

Thank-you.