Solstice cancels Bali for tomorrow

NorbertsNiece

What threat? We have been in Bali for over a week and have heard nothing of any threat. It is very safe.

I'm glad you're trip was without incident, but that doesn't make a place safe.

Not hearing about a threat doesn't mean there is no threat. The vast majority of us have little knowledge of the intelligence the security services have.

I'm glad you're trip was without incident, but that doesn't make a place safe.

Not hearing about a threat doesn't mean there is no threat. The vast majority of us have little knowledge of the intelligence the security services have.

The US is more dangerous.

The US is more dangerous.

That's comparing Apples with Oranges!

Kuta vs Palm Beach or Nusa Dua vs Downtown Detroit

What do you mean by "more Dangerous"? DIY is pretty dangerous!

Edited by DYKWIA

That is going to be a very crowded island. What kind of shore excursions will be offered. :rolleyes:

LOL, this is only so they can sell the duty free cigarettes and alcohol (international port). The Ship will slow and almost stop, the anchor touches the water by the island and off they go again. Lots of sea birds nest there.

The official Australian Government travel advice

https://smartraveller.gov.au/countries/indonesia

Official advice:

High degree of caution

Recent indications suggest that terrorists may be in the advanced stages of preparing attacks in Indonesia (see Safety and Security). The overall level of advice has not changed. We advise you to exercise a high degree of caution in Indonesia, including Bali.

Perhaps the port fees and taxes for Bali (and possibly Visa fees) are expected to be reimbursed?

After the experience with that port last year, I wouldn't put it past them to have collected them in advance lol. If that is the case I doubt Bali would give them back to X. Just a guess.

After the experience with that port last year, I wouldn't put it past them to have collected them in advance lol. If that is the case I doubt Bali would give them back to X. Just a guess.

Better than a guess..... bear in mind that they've still got Indonesian immigration personnel on board. Celebrity will be bearing the cost.

That's comparing Apples with Oranges!

Kuta vs Palm Beach or Nusa Dua vs Downtown Detroit

What do you mean by "more Dangerous"? DIY is pretty dangerous![/)

Bali is safer than many cities in the US including Baltimore, Washington DC, NYC, Boston and Detroit. We stay in Sanur. There are mostly European tourists staying there. We have been there multiple times and it is very safe. We go out on our own while we are there as well as go running in the morning.

Whoever is happy that the port is being missed and/or wasn't planning In getting off the ship anyway is better off staying in the Caribbean and taking Cruise ship tours. Nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Jade13

We were in Bali in January on Millennium. It's a great port ......... When you get away from the main cities (Benoa and Bali proper). That visit was our second. It's a beautiful country with very warm and friendly people but terrorism is a constant presence. The Indonesian Government is not particularly stable and runs the country with a heavy hand bolstered by a military that may or may not be loyal to the government in place depending on who is actually in place at any given time. I can assure you individuals involved in the tourist trades there will be very disappointed about the present security warnings. They also understand why a cruise ship may not come on short notice.

I can also assure you that if Govenrments are issuing security warnings regarding possible terrorist attacks, the threat is real. No way you want to be there under those circumstances. Americans in general and cruise ships in particular are huge terrorist targets. I'm suprised either cruise passengers or a cruise ship has not yet been attacked? The most likely reason is that cruise lines excercise "an abundance of caution."

Edited by jbuch02

We were in Bali in January on Millennium. It's a great port ......... When you get away from the main cities (Benoa and Bali proper). That visit was our second. It's a beautiful country with very warm and friendly people but terrorism is a constant presence. The Indonesian Government is not particularly stable and runs the country with a heavy hand bolstered by a military that may or may not be loyal to the government in place depending on who is actually in place at any given time. I can assure you individuals involved in the tourist trades there will be very disappointed about the present security warnings. They also understand why a cruise ship may not come on short notice.

I can also assure you that if Govenrments are issuing security warnings regarding possible terrorist attacks, the threat is real. No way you want to be there under those circumstances. Americans in general and cruise ships in particular are huge terrorist targets. I'm suprised either cruise passengers or a cruise ship has not yet been attacked? The most likely reason is that cruise lines excercise "an abundance of caution."

You can say this for many ports in the world, but I', going anyway. If not the terrorist have won

I would much rather be safe than sorry. I hope this doesn't spoil your trip. One time we were supposed to stop in Jamaica and didn't. I was a little disappointed but I would rather the ships did this than not. I'm just always happy to be with my family.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

jbuch02....I'm an American and believe you me I am not a terrorist. What an awful statement for you to make. You're an American. Does mean that you are also a terrorist?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My thoughts exactly, whether it is due to terrorism, or weather, if the Captain decides a port will be missed or a cruise is diverted then I am fine with that decision, I may be disappointed but I am happy with the decision.

If someone really wants to get to these places, they can fly there.

jbuch02....I'm an American and believe you me I am not a terrorist. What an awful statement for you to make. You're an American. Does mean that you are also a terrorist?
:confused::confused:I think someone needs a course in reading comprehension. The only thing that I see posted by jbuch02 that relates in any way to this statement is that "Americans...are huge terrorist targets." A rather significant difference between being a terrorist and being a terrorist target.

I am not Jade13 but I live (and have lived for over 60 years) in the Washington - Baltimore area. It is NOT a ridiculous statement to say that they have many areas that are quite dangerous. I've not been to Bali, but I have felt much safer walking around Cairo than Washington (but both have great museums:)).

Thom

:confused::confused:I think someone needs a course in reading comprehension. The only thing that I see posted by jbuch02 that relates in any way to this statement is that "Americans...are huge terrorist targets." A rather significant difference between being a terrorist and being a terrorist target.

I am not Jade13 but I live (and have lived for over 60 years) in the Washington - Baltimore area. It is NOT a ridiculous statement to say that they have many areas that are quite dangerous. I've not been to Bali, but I have felt much safer walking around Cairo than Washington (but both have great museums:)).

Thom

.... deleted

Edited by MicCanberra

Glad to see that I wasn't the only one left scratching his head. :confused:

Y'all need to chill out! Take a vacation. Maybe a cruise! This conversation caught my eye and I was sad for the people who want to go to Bali but am also sad for the fact that we have to worry about terrorism at all wherever it is. Sorry to here about the flu also. I had that a few weeks ago and it's still hanging on. The tamiflu works wonders though.

Everybody take a breath and go to your happy place.

Happy people make for happy cruises! Stay safe out there too!

Y'all need to chill out! Take a vacation. Maybe a cruise! This conversation caught my eye and I was sad for the people who want to go to Bali but am also sad for the fact that we have to worry about terrorism at all wherever it is. Sorry to here about the flu also. I had that a few weeks ago and it's still hanging on. The tamiflu works wonders though.

Everybody take a breath and go to your happy place.

Happy people make for happy cruises! Stay safe out there too!

Agreed.:D

We are on the Golden Princess due to stop in Bali next month. I would be perfectly happy if they canceled it. Having been in Bali twice, it is not a tropical paradise by any means.

Last year we were on the Celebrity Silhouette which was due to stop in Ashdod and Haifa. Due to an "Abundance of Caution" , our stop was canceled too. Celebrity apparently likes to use that wording.