Haven Guarantee

simplyerica

We are currently booked on the Getaway Forward Facing Penthouse in the Haven (H7) for our wedding/honeymoon cruise in January. Of course I check NCL's site obsessively for prices and changes almost daily. It looks like all of the Forward Facing Penthouses are sold out already and in it's place is an option for Haven Guarantee. I didn't even know there was such a thing. Has anyone taken this gamble before? Since it's H7, it's the cheapest option already which means it can only get better.

What are your thoughts?

While the website shows that, most likely (like 99,5%) when you try to book a suite guarantee, the next step of booking process tells you that it is unavailable.

This has been a known issue for years. Generally NCL does not do suite guarantees at all (there have been very rare exceptions to prove the rule).

Also - the suite you are in is nicer than the penthouse suites in the Haven proper. You have a separate bedroom , a nice living room. We love this suite and have chosen it for our 20th anniversary cruise.

We have stayed exclusively in suites since we have had kids and this one is one if my favorite NCL suites

Very private, too.

I love the layout and the space

The only exception is that the handicap access H7 does not have a separate living room. There is only one on Getaway.

Happy Honeymoon!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are currently booked on the Getaway Forward Facing Penthouse in the Haven (H7) for our wedding/honeymoon cruise in January. Of course I check NCL's site obsessively for prices and changes almost daily. It looks like all of the Forward Facing Penthouses are sold out already and in it's place is an option for Haven Guarantee. I didn't even know there was such a thing. Has anyone taken this gamble before? Since it's H7, it's the cheapest option already which means it can only get better.

What are your thoughts?

I've been doing some research, and one thing that I learned is that they may offer upsells to the people in the Forward Facing Penthouse to be able to honor a guarantee haven room. That way they can get more money from the people who are upgrading rather than giving you a free upgrade.

I've been doing some research, and one thing that I learned is that they may offer upsells to the people in the Forward Facing Penthouse to be able to honor a guarantee haven room. That way they can get more money from the people who are upgrading rather than giving you a free upgrade.

Again, there are no Haven or suite guarantee's. The guarantee only shows up when the Haven/suite are sold out. If you doubt, next time you see one, call and try to book it. Not allowed.

I booked a Haven H5 on Pearl and it came up as guarantee, which it stayed at for 24 hrs and I then was allocated one of the two H5 cabins, so unless someone had it on hold its not the case that they are sold out.

While the website shows that, most likely (like 99,5%) when you try to book a suite guarantee, the next step of booking process tells you that it is unavailable.

This has been a known issue for years. Generally NCL does not do suite guarantees at all (there have been very rare exceptions to prove the rule).

FYI, I just tried to do a mock booking for a H7 on the same date as OP's sailing, I chose the H7 Forward Penthouse Suite, and at the next step in the booking process where you fill in your personal information, it still states on the right side of the screen that I am booking a Forward Penthouse Suite but where the cabin number should be listed it just states "Guarantee". Below is a "thumbnail" photo of that part of the screen, and all though it is in a small format you can still see that it states "Guarantee" instead of cabin number.

1391257369_H7Guarantee.jpg.375359098c790edbe58dcc15b8769734.jpg

Since it's H7, it's the cheapest option already which means it can only get better.

The H7 is actually a really good room. It is a lot bigger (420 sq ft) than an H5 (328 sq ft) with a separate living room. You get full access to the Haven (just need to go up a few floors).

We are sailing on the Escape in May and picked a H7 over an H5 just because of the additional space and the fact that the two separate rooms makes it feel more like a suite.

Study the floorplans and youtube videos of both rooms carefully before you give up your H7.

The H7 is actually a really good room. It is a lot bigger (420 sq ft) than an H5 (328 sq ft) with a separate living room. You get full access to the Haven (just need to go up a few floors).

We are sailing on the Escape in May and picked a H7 over an H5 just because of the additional space and the fact that the two separate rooms makes it feel more like a suite.

Study the floorplans and youtube videos of both rooms carefully before you give up your H7.

Yes yes yes! Much larger with the separate living room. Excellent location for privacy. I would never take an H5 over an H7.

FYI, I just tried to do a mock booking for a H7 on the same date as OP's sailing, I chose the H7 Forward Penthouse Suite, and at the next step in the booking process where you fill in your personal information, it still states on the right side of the screen that I am booking a Forward Penthouse Suite but where the cabin number should be listed it just states "Guarantee". Below is a "thumbnail" photo of that part of the screen, and all though it is in a small format you can still see that it states "Guarantee" instead of cabin number.

Continue on... put a courtesy hold on it. See if it lets you do that. Then call them up and try to book it...

Yes, that's exactly how you will see a guarantee for a suite. Now, try to actually book it or call and book it and see what they tell you.