caribbean princess aft cabins

psheik

We have booked cabin D734 on the Caribbean Princess. I understand the cabins on the Dolphin deck are not covered and offer no privacy. Does this also apply to the 2 aft cabins D734 & D735? The balconies are larger for aft cabins, correct?

Just like its Grand-class sisters, ALL aft balconies are covered, and deeper than the other balcony cabins.

B.

Ship_at_island.gif

"These moments we’re left with - may you always remember

These moments are shared, by few

And those harbor lights, lord they’re coming into view

We’ll bid our farewells much too soon

So drink it up, this one’s for you -

Honey, it’s been a lovely cruise."

-- James W. Buffett

Carnival Triumph, April '02

Carnival Sensation, January '04

Golden Princess, April '04

Carnival Sensation, Golden Princess / Caribbean Princess pix at: Cool Cruisin' Pix

e-mail: bobandkarenny@yahoo.com

If you are referring to the two aft-most mini-suites, yes they are open but are larger. On the earlier versions of the ship these were supposed to be accessible cabins. The beds might not be convertible to queen. I'd check this out for sure if you want the beds together.

Just completed:

Caribbean Princess Apr 3/04

Golden Princess Apr 10/04

Coming up:

Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04

Caribbean Princess redux 6/25/05

I checked my deck plan this AM - you'll be quite pleased with your cabin. You have only one neighbor, the suite next door, and your balcony is just as deep and fully covered. And you can push the beds together! Sorry for the confusion.

Just completed:

Caribbean Princess Apr 3/04

Golden Princess Apr 10/04

Coming up:

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who travel on your cruises by way of the aft cabins of the ship..do you ever notice more vibrations at the rear?? Thanks in Advance

Cyt

Atlantic

Oceanic

Norway

Enchantment of the Seas

Destiny

Voyager of the Seas

Conquest March 30th 2003

Glory May 29th 2004

Caribbean Princess Oct 23 2004

Although I have not sailed Princess before, I have had aft cabins on other sailings and loved it. A touch more movement in heavy sea's but not much.

Atom.gifGroup board for the Royal Hounds 9/19/04

For pricing and booking info click:Royal Hounds

Miracle 2/13/05, Royal Hounds 9/19/04, Conquestadors 1/11/04,

Glory Hounds 9/13/03, Triumph 1/03, Fascination 5/02

royalsmallwide.gif

If lifes a beach... then I want to cruise there!

DH and I always always always icon_wink.gif take an aft cabin. We are not bothered by noise or vibration, and have quite a few sailings under our belt, especially with Princess, the "love boat icon_wink.gif" We like sitting on the balcony after a night on the town icon_wink.gif and watching the stars and the wake of the ship. icon_cool.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;04;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

OUR NEXT ONWARD JOURNEY!

Bill, you'll love your cabin, too! Having a real tub/shower is quite nice. Now, why aren't you looking at one of those PS or VS suites?

Regarding the vibration question, you will definitely feel the thrusters when you dock and depart. They are used intermittently for a couple of minutes only. It's not enough to even worry about.

Completed:

Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess

Coming up:

SpongeRob,

I hope you're not implying that I'm required to bath or shower during the week. These cruiselines have so many requirements. icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, this is our 11th cruise and first time in a mini suite. I was up in the air whether to switch or not but I asked the boss which she preferred. Since you know where we are booked now you know what her answer was.

Someday after getting our son through school maybe we'll get a full suite. Too far away to think about yet.

UNLESS... you have some pull with Princess and can get us upgraded. icon_wink.gif

Bill

1a.jpg

Caribbean Princess Eastern Caribbean cruise page

Wait a minute Bill, I've got the Upgrade Fairy's gold-laminated business card with private number right here in my billfold, let me look...aaah here it is. Just call ***-***-**** and give my name as a reference. Hope this helps!

Completed:

Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess

Coming up:

OK Rob I gave it my best shot but the girl who answered the phone had a very heavy accent and she didn't understand the name SpongeRob for some reason.

Oh well I'll have to survive with a mini suite. icon_wink.gif

Thanks for trying to help though. I appreciate it. icon_smile.gif

Bill

1a.jpg

Are you sure they are mini suites? I think they are a reg. stateroom cat bb. I am staying in cat bb and it's the same color, and it's not a minisuite.

Fantasy 08/92

Grand Princess 09/01

Destiny 05/02

Grand Princess 09/02

Carnival Legend 09/03

HAL Zuiderdam 11/03

Caribbean Princess 09/04

RosieR,

yes they are regular balcony cabins, cat BB as you stated.

Somewhere back in this thread I mentioned I upgraded to a mini from a BB when the prices dropped.

Sorry for any confusion.

One thing I can say in my defense is, "it's all SpongeRob's faut!"

Bill

1a.jpg

Sorry, Bill, it's just been one of those days where I've left a wake of destruction behind me. TGIF!

Completed:

Coming up:

Archived