Wonderful Copenhagen 2016 edition

Fredensborg is not as grandios as Frederiksborg so from the outside its not that impressive.

Perhaps its then better to use more time at Frederiksborg and Kronborg.

Thanks again Danish viking. Your advices are so useful to many of us!!!

Danish Viking -- Thank you for all of your help! We are a group of 4 adults that would like to combine a traditional Danish meal with a trip to Tivoli Gardens. Is there a restaurant in Tivoli that you would recommend? Is it necessary to make reservations? We plan to do this the evening of August 10. Thank you for whatever guidance you can provide!

There are 4 restaurants that I can recommend.

Færgekroen, situated by the lakes its the must beautiful located.

Brødrene Price i Tivoli, the Price Brothers are some famous tv chefs here in Denmark. Try to make a search of them on YouTube.

Grøften, the place where the famous danes come.

Paafuglen.

If you go to Tivoli's website you can get the info on each restaurant and book a table if you want.

I was about to make a reservation Noma restaurant. Too bad it is closed. Noma was one of the best 50 restaurants in the world, and The Best restaurant in the world by a British magazine.

I am glad that I cannot dine at Noma, otherwise dinner would cost me 1/4 price of my cruise.

Ok Good! Would still like recommendations if anyone has them about adapters they liked if possible!

I'm an American living in Denmark since 2010 and I've been using adapters from Ebay for the whole time. There's not really much difference in adapters, but converters are a whole different bag of cats.

I should add that you will not be able to get a travel-sized converter with enough wattage to successfully run a hairdryer or other heat producing device without ruining it. The one I use for my US voltage kitchen appliances weighs about 15 lbs.

I should add that you will not be able to get a travel-sized converter with enough wattage to successfully run a hairdryer or other heat producing device without ruining it. The one I use for my US voltage kitchen appliances weighs about 15 lbs.

Good to know! I ended up just getting a hairdryer with dual voltage... Now I just need an adapter.

Good to know! I ended up just getting a hairdryer with dual voltage... Now I just need an adapter.

I have an adapter that I used in Scotland. Do you know if it will work in Copenhagen? Thanks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Danish Viking What bus do we use to get from Oceankaj to City Hall? and how much time should we allow to get there? Also we would like to visit Frederiksborg Castle by train on a different day from Oceankaj how much time should we allow to get back and forth from there and what train and or bus should we take? Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi Danish Viking,

Could you recommend a restaurant near the Admiral hotel in Copenhagen that has good food and can accommodate a group of 8-10? We are trying to meet up with other Cruise Critic members before our cruise and the restaurant in the hotel is requiring that we agree on the same entree to accommodate a group this size.

Thank you!

Caitlin's Mom