Wonderful Copenhagen 2016 edition

I posten the details a few post up.

But to sum it up.

From the Central station you take the S-train line A towards Hillerød, departures every 10th minutes and a travel time of about 45 minutes.

Here you can walk or take bus 301 and 302

To Helsingør you take the Lokalbanen train from Hillerød, I posten the timetable in the other post.

But departures every 30the minutes and hourly in the weekend.

Kronborg is in walking distance from the station and is visioner all the time.

When you get back to Copenhagen you simple just take the Øresundstog train back to Copenhagen.

It goes every 20th minutes but I can't remember the departure time.

Hi Danish Viking!

A group of of from our roll call will be meeting for dinner the night before our cruise in June. We'd like to go to Copenhagen Street food. My family and I are staying at WakeUp Copenhagen Borgergade. What is the best way for us to get from our hotel to Papirøen?

Thank you!

This is very helpful! Thank you, Danish viking. I now would like to ask you about the best way to get to Hillerød, Helsingør, and Roskilde. We would like to visit Kronborg castle, Frederiksborg castle, and Frendensborg castle. In addition we would like to see the Louisiana Museum. After the cruise (ends on a Tuesday), we will stay an additional 3 nights in the Nyhavn area. We plan to use the Copenhagen card. In what order should we do these visits to these places and what is the best route?

Looking forward to your response.

As an alternative to the train - We did a Viator all day castles tour that visited Kronborg, Frederiksborg, and Fredensborg. It was an excellent tour. I booked online. The next day we visited the two castles in the city on our own, complete with a picnic in the gardens outside Rosenborg Castle. Wonderful castle experiences! The Viator tour allows good time at each castle and provides a lunch (extra$.)

As an alternative to the train - We did a Viator all day castles tour that visited Kronborg, Frederiksborg, and Fredensborg. It was an excellent tour. I booked online. The next day we visited the two castles in the city on our own, complete with a picnic in the gardens outside Rosenborg Castle. Wonderful castle experiences! The Viator tour allows good time at each castle and provides a lunch (extra$.)

Good to know. Thank you.

You can pay the ticket at the Town Shop just next to the bus stop.

Could you clarify-- do we need DKK to pay for tickets at the Town Shop or can we use credit card? This is our first stop in Denmark, so wondered if there is an ATM at Oceankaj to get DKK or do we need to wait until we get into town?

thanks again for your help.

I don´t think that there is a ATM but you can pay for the bus ticket.

On the public transport authoritys website it says

"Tickets

You can purchase your tickets at most stations, a number of kiosks and

at http://www.dinoffentligetransport.dk. At Oceankaj one way tickets valid to the city Centre or Copenhagen

Airport can be purchased at Town Shop before entering bus 25.*"

Is this tour available as a shore excursion? I looked on their website and its not listed there, but as a 6 hours castle tour.......

I don´t think that there is a ATM but you can pay for the bus ticket.

On the public transport authoritys website it says

"Tickets

You can purchase your tickets at most stations, a number of kiosks and

at http://www.dinoffentligetransport.dk. At Oceankaj one way tickets valid to the city Centre or Copenhagen

Airport can be purchased at Town Shop before entering bus 25.*"

Thanks Danish Viking! I went to the DOT website that you listed. Once I figured out how to get the English version (click on link "For Tourist"). Wow! Great information there! The "Journey Planner" is wonderful, it will display the fastest ways (with times) to get from point A to B using bus, train, metro and walking. It also gives the bus#, train/metro #s, platform #s etc.

I think its time for a new thread, I will not answer any questions in the old thread as the answer might be here instead.

Pier Information.

http://www.cmport.dk/ships-in-port/cruise-ships/season-current

Transportation

Public transportation

http://dinoffentligetransport.dk/service/for-tourists/

Price from the airport to central Copenhagen or the piers is 36 DKK

From central Copenhagen to the piers is 24 DKK

Public busses

26 goes to Indiakaj near Langelinie and stops at the central station, Town Hall Square, Kongens Nytorv/Nyhavn and Østerport

25 and 27 goes to Oceankaj via Nørreport (only 25) and Østerport.

The new timetable for 25 should be online sometime in April

http://dinoffentligetransport.dk/trafikinformation/koereplaner/koereplaner-bus/25/

http://dinoffentligetransport.dk/KoereplanerPdf/26-0026-131215.pdf

http://dinoffentligetransport.dk/KoereplanerPdf/27-0027-131215.pdf

And here is my photoguide on how to use them

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048740&page=11

Info about luggage storage at the central station.

http://en.hovedbanen.dk/dsb-information/dsb-luggage-service/

Taxi

Dantaxi

http://www.dantaxi.dk/Koebenhavn

Taxi Nord

http://www.taxinord.dk/

4x27

http://amagerobrotaxi.dk/

Taxi Nord has a practical price calculater

http://www.taxinord.dk/nyttig-info/beregn-pris-paa-taxi.html

akst 1 and 3 is normal hours.

Takst 2 and 4 is night after Friday and Saturday from 23:00 to 07:00 and public holidays.

To quickly sum of the taxi situation at Oceankaj.

In general they don´t accept prebooking at Oceankaj because in their experience people just takes the first available taxi instead of the one they booked.

but they say that there should be plenty of taxis all the time.

So ask away :D

When I click your photo guide on how to use the busses, it takes me to the old thread. Am I missing something?

When I click your photo guide on how to use the busses, it takes me to the old thread. Am I missing something?

Nevermind, worked on the computer. Somethings up with the iPhone app.

I'm travelling with a 2 year old and we need to get from the Radisson Blu Royal to Oceankaj. Should I even try public transport with a little one and bags or just book a car with a car seat?

Thanks for the insight!

Hi Danish Viking!

A group of of from our roll call will be meeting for dinner the night before our cruise in June. We'd like to go to Copenhagen Street food. My family and I are staying at WakeUp Copenhagen Borgergade. What is the best way for us to get from our hotel to Papirøen?

Thank you!

Walk over to Kongens Nytorv metro station, take the metro towards Vestamager or Lufthavnen and get off at Christianshavn.

From here you take bus 9A towards Operaen, Holmen and get off at Experimentariet, Arsenaløen and walk from there.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Copenhagen+Street+Food,+Trangravsvej/Experimentariet,+Arsenal%C3%B8en,+1434+K%C3%B8benhavn/@55.6782343,12.597702,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652533b4ae238fd:0xc0e47d5d65b2f5e7!2m2!1d12.597749!2d55.6796334!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652533ab94b2e0d:0xb536c6a4aae3a92!2m2!1d12.6019798!2d55.6777408

But but but

They are building a bridge on the southside of Nyhavn that should open this June and then a short walking tour will be better.

http://map.krak.dk/m/mVO2F

You can pay the ticket at the Town Shop just next to the bus stop.

Hello Danish ViKing,

We are cruising the Baltic on Regal Princess 23 May and will be arriving CPH on 20 May. We plan to purchase the 72-hrs CPH Card and would like to visit some attractions on 21/22 May and would appreciate your advice on the following.

20 May (Fri)

Visit Tivoli at 6:00 pm (arrive CPH at 1:30 pm, Hotel at Scandic Copenhagen, considering most attractions will be closed about 5:00 pm)

Q. Any possible place to visit after 4:30 pm?

21 May (Sat)

Would like to visit (1) Roskilde, (2) Hillerod (Frederiksborg Castle), (3) Helsingor (Kronborg Castle).

My Planned Route: (Based on Rejseplanen Planner)

CPH (08:32) IC70133 to Roskilde St (8:54)

Roskilde St (10:39) Bus 600S to Hillerod St (12:05) Bus 302 to Frederiksborg Castle (12:09)

Hillerod St (14:00) 930R to Helsingor St (14:27)

Helsingor St (17:43) OE2086 to CPH St (18:28)

Q. Will these be a tough plan to visit 3 places within 1 day? (need to visit all attractions before 17:00)

Can we use CPH Card for above transportation?

Do we need advance booking by using the CPH Card on train?

22 May (Sun)

Walking Tour in CPH (Marathon running in the morning.....?)

My Planned Route:

From Scandic CPH (08:30) to Osterport St, Den Lille Havfrue, Kastelskirken,

10:00 Amalienborg Castle,

11:30 Nyhavn, Kogens Nytorv, Guinness World Records

14:00 Metro Kogens Nytorv to Christianshavn, Christianskirken, Vor Frelsers Kirke

15:00 Metro Christianshavn to Norreport, Rosenborg Castle

17:00 Stroget

Q. Any impacts on the Marathon route?

Any other attractions would be considered?

23 May (Mon)

10:00 Gammel Strand, The Canal Tour

11:15 Christiansborg Castle

12:00 Rundetarn

14:00 Oceankaj

Q. Do we need to book Canal Tour by using CPH Card?

Thanks advance for your help!

William

Edited by TMAMG

There are not many places that are open after 17:00

Besides Tivoli only I can only think about a Opera, Show, play or (classical) concert in one of the many venues around town.

Or perhaps a dinnercruise or a regular canal tour

But remember that its Fredagsrock concerts every Friday at 22:00.

This Friday its the dj Morten Breum

[YOUTUBE]xBSxGERXuSU[/YOUTUBE]

I would skip Roskilde because I think all places will be to much for one day.

So train to Hillerød

Then train to Helsingør and then finally train back to Copenhagen.

There are plenty off room on the trains because you will travel in the opposite direction of the rush hour and yes the CPH Card is valid for the entire trip.

Your trip looks wonderful but I would probably add Rosenborg (and the botanical Garden if you arrives before Rosenborg opens) before the trip to Kastellet as its on the way.

Also I would do the Guinness Record museum together with the Strøget trip as its located on Strøget.

As I remember then its only cars and busses that are affected by the marathon.

No its not necessary to prebook a canal tour but its only free from the Gammel Strand stop and not from Nyhavn.

Edited by Danish viking

Nevermind, worked on the computer. Somethings up with the iPhone app.

I'm travelling with a 2 year old and we need to get from the Radisson Blu Royal to Oceankaj. Should I even try public transport with a little one and bags or just book a car with a car seat?

Thanks for the insight!

All the busses runs frequently and they have a low floor compartment in the front of the bus to get a better access so yes I would use it.

Edited by Danish viking

Hi Danish viking,

Need information, From airport, we are taking metro to Kongens Nytorv to stay at Best Western City Hotel. We have luggages, from airport is metro underground or street level, will there be steps or elevator? Also at Kongens Nytorv metro station, is the exit at street level or underground, are there steps or elevator. Just wonder will I have problem going on Metro with luggages.

Also street from the Metro to Best Western City hotel is the street pave?

Thank you very much for lot of information you posted.

At the airport it will be above street level as its located above a parking garage and 2 railway tracks.

Kongens Nytorv is underground like the rest of the stations in the downtown area

But Kongens Nytorv is the only underground station together with Nørreport that has an elevator in both end of the platform.

If you walk along the main road to Holbergsgade and then to your hotel it is paved all the way.

If you look at Google maps or similar and put on the satelite image you can see a pedestrian crossing just next to the station.

I think its better to use that crossing as the one at the intervention with Holbergsgade looks like it crosses 2 road instead of one.

Hi Danish Viking,

My wife and I are on HAL Koningsdam that stops in Copenhagen on the 21st June at Langeline. We are in port from 7am until only 4pm.

We plan on touring Copenhagen ourselves and trying to determine what is feasible in this period of time.

Looking at google maps, it would be possible to walk from the pier to Statens for Kunst; Rosenborg castle; Round tower; Stroget;Glypotetek; Christiansborg palace (for tapestries);Nyhavn; Amalienborg; Little Mermaid and back to port.

This looks to be around a 10km to 12km walk which is possible for us but we doubt we would have the time to actually visit all these places.

We also like the sound of the canal tour.

So we need to make some decisions. We don't think the Copenhagen card will be useful as at 360dk I think you would need to do more than 4 of the major highlights.

So questions:

1) Is a canal tour a good idea on such a limited day?

2) Walking around Nyhavn and Stroget would seem to be obvious areas not to miss?

3) attractions to visit - which castle would be the most important Rosenborg?

4) do you know if the tapestries at Christianborg are better than those in Rosenborg? would they be worth visiting in addition

5) if we only wanted to visit one gallery would you suggest Glypotetek or Statens Kund?

6) do you think all that is ok to walk or better to take bus 26 one way and walk the other way?

Appreciate all the help you are giving us.

James and Fleur (Australia)

Hi Danish Viking,

My wife and I are on HAL Koningsdam that stops in Copenhagen on the 21st June at Langeline. We are in port from 7am until only 4pm.

We plan on touring Copenhagen ourselves and trying to determine what is feasible in this period of time.

Looking at google maps, it would be possible to walk from the pier to Statens for Kunst; Rosenborg castle; Round tower; Stroget;Glypotetek; Christiansborg palace (for tapestries);Nyhavn; Amalienborg; Little Mermaid and back to port.

This looks to be around a 10km to 12km walk which is possible for us but we doubt we would have the time to actually visit all these places.

We also like the sound of the canal tour.

So we need to make some decisions. We don't think the Copenhagen card will be useful as at 360dk I think you would need to do more than 4 of the major highlights.

So questions:

1) Is a canal tour a good idea on such a limited day?

2) Walking around Nyhavn and Stroget would seem to be obvious areas not to miss?

3) attractions to visit - which castle would be the most important Rosenborg?

4) do you know if the tapestries at Christianborg are better than those in Rosenborg? would they be worth visiting in addition

5) if we only wanted to visit one gallery would you suggest Glypotetek or Statens Kund?

6) do you think all that is ok to walk or better to take bus 26 one way and walk the other way?

Appreciate all the help you are giving us.

James and Fleur (Australia)

1) It looks like you will see most of the sights visible from the water on foot (Christiansborg, Little Mermaid, Amalienborg, Nyhavn etc so its probably okay to skip that one.

2) Agreed, and it seems like you can fit them en route.

3) Yes, Rosenborg above Amalienborg and Christiansborg.

4) the original tapestries (gobeliner in danish) in Rosenborg is created in 1684-93, Bjørn Nørgaards 17 gobeliner for the queens 50 years jubilee is created in 1990.

If I could only see one on them I would choose the old ones in Rosenborg.

5) Glyptoteket, hands down, period etc etc etc :D

6) With all that cruise food its probably okay to take a long walk.

1) It looks like you will see most of the sights visible from the water on foot (Christiansborg, Little Mermaid, Amalienborg, Nyhavn etc so its probably okay to skip that one.

2) Agreed, and it seems like you can fit them en route.

3) Yes, Rosenborg above Amalienborg and Christiansborg.

4) the original tapestries (gobeliner in danish) in Rosenborg is created in 1684-93, Bjørn Nørgaards 17 gobeliner for the queens 50 years jubilee is created in 1990.

If I could only see one on them I would choose the old ones in Rosenborg.

5) Glyptoteket, hands down, period etc etc etc :D

6) With all that cruise food its probably okay to take a long walk.

Thank you so much Danish Viking. Just to clarify then if we visit inside Rosenberg and glypototeket, stroll Nyhavn and Stroget. Maybe inside the round tower.

Then in walk past christianborg and Amaliienborg, little mermaid etc.

Do all this from the terminal and back, should be able to fit into a 6-7 hour period?

Am I missing anything obvious? I know Tivoli but will save it for a future visit when can see at night. I have heard about the Freetown, hippie area but again maybe on a different visit. Just want to get an overall taste of the highlights. And do you agree the Copenhagen card would not suit us?

Hope I am not being too pestering [emoji4]

Your Swedish and Finnish cc companions are next! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

We have a cruise set for August 26, 2017 and looking at Hotels either in the Tivoli Gardens area or closer to the Cruise Port. I am looking at these Hotels, The Square, Copenhagen Plaza, Raddisson and near the Cruise Port, possibly the Adina Apartments any recommendations. Trying to keep daily Hotel price under $225 per day with taxes etc. We plan on buying the Copenhagen Card.

Right now primary interests over the 2 days pre cruise, are the Canal Rides and perhaps a day trip to a castle and sights around Copenhagen.Still working on this.

Gay

Thank you so much Danish Viking. Just to clarify then if we visit inside Rosenberg and glypototeket, stroll Nyhavn and Stroget. Maybe inside the round tower.

Then in walk past christianborg and Amaliienborg, little mermaid etc.

Do all this from the terminal and back, should be able to fit into a 6-7 hour period?

Am I missing anything obvious? I know Tivoli but will save it for a future visit when can see at night. I have heard about the Freetown, hippie area but again maybe on a different visit. Just want to get an overall taste of the highlights. And do you agree the Copenhagen card would not suit us?

Hope I am not being too pestering [emoji4]

Your Swedish and Finnish cc companions are next! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Tivoli is not a necessarity if you only have 1 day and I would only fit in the freetown if you have 3-4 days in Copenhagen.

If we say that you visit Rundetaarn, Glyptoteket and Rosenborg and don´t use any public transport you will still pay 149 kroner to much with the Copenhagen Card.

The bus each way is only 24 kroner.

We have a cruise set for August 26, 2017 and looking at Hotels either in the Tivoli Gardens area or closer to the Cruise Port. I am looking at these Hotels, The Square, Copenhagen Plaza, Raddisson and near the Cruise Port, possibly the Adina Apartments any recommendations. Trying to keep daily Hotel price under $225 per day with taxes etc. We plan on buying the Copenhagen Card.

Right now primary interests over the 2 days pre cruise, are the Canal Rides and perhaps a day trip to a castle and sights around Copenhagen.Still working on this.

Gay

Have you looked at Hotel Alexandra, Absalon, Tiffany and Mayfair? they are also in your price range and are all located near Tivoli.