Wonderful Copenhagen 2016 edition

Its good to hear that you like my post.

There is only 500 meters to the bus stop.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Langeliniekaj+(Midt)/Indiakaj,+Copenhagen/@55.6967871,12.5970299,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x465252ddabcf67fb:0xd4124a24eaa653f3!2m2!1d12.6005617!2d55.6984817!1m5!1m1!1s0x465252de6ee8856f:0xeb0e221fb2acd1be!2m2!1d12.5978873!2d55.6951972

Edited by Danish viking

4 persons, and you always pay per trip.

Love the thread....thanks for doing this and we are taking lots of notes.

Regarding a cab from the airport to somewhere like Hotel Bethel, could we expect a fare in the 250 - 300 DKK range plus tip and would the cab be big enough for 4 persons plus all the luggage?

Danish Viking,

It takes someone of Danish heritage to appreciate good Danish foods. However, I do not eat gammelost.

Would you happen to know of any place near Copenhagen City Hostel, H.C. Andersens Boulevard 50 that sells smoked eel?

Thanks,

Betty

Danish Viking,

It takes someone of Danish heritage to appreciate good Danish foods. However, I do not eat gammelost.

Would you happen to know of any place near Copenhagen City Hostel, H.C. Andersens Boulevard 50 that sells smoked eel?

Thanks,

Betty

There is nothing near your hotel but if you go to Torvehallerne food market you can find Hav2go, Hav, Fiskerikajen or Butique Fisk.

I´m not 100% but surely one of these has råget ål or smoked eel.

http://torvehallernekbh.dk/stader/

The usual suspects like Mcdonalds and Starbucks has Wifi.

Hello Danish Viking,

Thanks for your reply!

1 more question: any inexpensive data SIM card can be purchased in CPH for travelers that could be used across Baltic , Russia and Germany?

Regards,

William

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

There is nothing near your hotel but if you go to Torvehallerne food market you can find Hav2go, Hav, Fiskerikajen or Butique Fisk.

I´m not 100% but surely one of these has råget ål or smoked eel.

http://torvehallernekbh.dk/stader/

Thank you.

Torvehallerne is a real interesting place. We will stop there right after we visit the botanical gardens. I see that it is a fairly new addition to Copenhagen and was build since our last trip.

Betty

Hello Danish Viking,

Thanks for your reply!

1 more question: any inexpensive data SIM card can be purchased in CPH for travelers that could be used across Baltic , Russia and Germany?

Regards,

William

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

3 has something called 3 like home that cover most of the baltic but not Russia.

Hi Danish Viking,

Thank you for all the information you provided on the 2015 and now 2016 discussions. Ive read through everything and have a question that hasn't been asked. We are staying at the Marriott and would like to walk to Tivoli Gardens and back to the Marriott later that evening. It looks like a fairly easy and short walk but didn't know if it was a smart thing to do. Would you do this walk late at night (11 pm or so) or is it wiser to take a taxi?

Thank you so much for all the information you've provided. It has been very helpful in planning our visit.

Hi Danish Viking,

Thank you for all the information you provided on the 2015 and now 2016 discussions. Ive read through everything and have a question that hasn't been asked. We are staying at the Marriott and would like to walk to Tivoli Gardens and back to the Marriott later that evening. It looks like a fairly easy and short walk but didn't know if it was a smart thing to do. Would you do this walk late at night (11 pm or so) or is it wiser to take a taxi?

Thank you so much for all the information you've provided. It has been very helpful in planning our visit.

Southwestgal,

As an old lady who happens to be a devout coward, I would like to put your mind at ease. Copenhagen is one of the few places I feel comfortable after dark. On our last trip, my friend and I (two old ladies on mobility scooters), took that exact route one night and I would not hesitate doing it again this year. It is safe.

Actually, in my younger years, my cousin and I stayed out all night going from club to club. She knew which clubs were open and we walked to all.

You will enjoy Tivoli Gardens.

Have a wonderful trip,

Betty

I was about to post the same, well without the mobility scooters and history of going to clubs.

I would be 100% secure doing that walk but I'm also a man and that change the risk a bit.

But is it alone or are you with other people, because if you are more people together I can't see any problem at all.

But I understand your concern if you are a lonely female walking down a dark street all by yourself.

And off course there are some areas of Copenhagen where I won't do it but tourist doesn't come anywhere near these places.

Danish Viking's very first post provides links to how to get to Oceankaj by public transportation and by taxi. Those are your two choices and which is "best" depends on you.

If you have trouble with figuring out the approximate taxi fare, go to Post #54 where Danish Viking has given a range of fares.

Thanks Danish Viking and raindropsalways! My husband and I love to walk and at times we've inadvertently strayed into some shady areas. While it didn't seem that would be the case here, it's always nice to get some confirmation. We are looking forward to this trip so much and can't wait to see this beautiful city!

My boyfriend and I will be cruising on the NCL from Copenhagen on 5/1. We plan to stay pre and post cruise in Copenhagen for a day each. I have not yet booked the hotel as I'm torn as to where to stay. We don't want to spend over $225 for the room (less hopefully). Is it worth staying in city center or another area, or is near the airport where the metro is accessible and hotel offers free shuttle (to and from airport) a better option. We don't mind using public transportation. What do you recommend?

My boyfriend and I will be cruising on the NCL from Copenhagen on 5/1. We plan to stay pre and post cruise in Copenhagen for a day each. I have not yet booked the hotel as I'm torn as to where to stay. We don't want to spend over $225 for the room (less hopefully). Is it worth staying in city center or another area, or is near the airport where the metro is accessible and hotel offers free shuttle (to and from airport) a better option. We don't mind using public transportation. What do you recommend?

Take a look at WakeUp Hotel Borgegade. It's located near Nyhavn so it's easy to get there from the airport and to the cruise port using public transportation. That's how we did it last summer. The rooms are small and basic, but they are modern, clean and comfortable. They offer a breakfast buffet for a small charge. We loved our stay here and the room rate is among the best you will find in pricey Copenhagen.

Have you tried typing in your hotel on Google maps?

Anyway, Crowne Plaza is located just next to Ørestad station so you can use the metro to Nørreport (direction Vanløse) or the Øresund train to either Nørreport or Østerport (direction Nivå or Helsingør).

From here my before mentioned guide should be useful.

Hello Danish viking,

Going to Absalon Hotel on Sunday, May 22,2016 from Serenade of the Seas @ Oceankaj.

Since this will be Marathon day will bus #25 & Eastbound Metro M1 or M2 to Main train station be working in the A.M. or will they be stopped for the Marathon?

Also will walk to hotel from Main train station be O.K. with Marathon happening?

Thanks for all your help. Heather.

Thanks so much for all of the information you posted. We are going to rent a car and going directly to Aarhus, not spending anytime in Copenhagen. Would you suggest using the car rental agencies with locations at the port? I know Sixt has one. Thanks.

Halina Alter