Wonderful Copenhagen 2016 edition

My sense on the Paper Island Street Food Market is it is open for all of 2017, thus my visit in mid-October should allow for the enjoyment of these food trucks etc. From the videos I have found, and the descriptions, this seems like a winning location and concept. As urban renewal moves forward one would hope that the city planners will find a way to accommodate this entrepreneurial venture.

Street Food is open until the 31st of December.

At the moment I don't know if they will open in 2018 but a public hearing is on going about a transformation of the Paper Island.

But it is my understanding that CPH Street Food is a part of this new project but it might be a possibility that they may have to close down or relocate during the construction.

Dear Danish Viking,

Hope you are keeping well. You helped me two years ago when I visited Copenhagen in advance of going on a cruise. I am now going on another cruise but staying in a different hotel. On Sunday, 14th May I need to get to the Port for an MSC Cruise to the Norwegian Fjords and return on Sunday 21st May. Could you please help me get from my hotel The Admiral to the Port and back again.

Thank you so much in advance for your help, you are amazing! It is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Danish Viking,

Another question if you can...

After reading several posts, and having "fellow travelers" say conflicting things, I'd like your point of view on the use of credit cards and debit cards. My understanding is Denmark vendors prefer the use of credit/debit cards. It is also my understanding that cards should be "chip and pin" technology. Most American cards, and all of mine, are "chip and signature" technology. Some website have suggested this can be a problem, others say not so much. What can you say?

I am not a world traveler, but my inclination is to travel with adequate amounts of local currency. Is this a wise strategy for Cophenhagen for street vendors, cab, and incidental purchases?

It should not be a problem at all as as you not go off the beaten path.

Many shops accept Amex, Visa, Mastercard and JCB, at least where i work (danish chain with shops all around europe and other parts of the world) we can handle chip and signature so I´m guessing that the places in Copenhagen catering for tourists can handle it as well.

Dear Danish Viking,

Hope you are keeping well. You helped me two years ago when I visited Copenhagen in advance of going on a cruise. I am now going on another cruise but staying in a different hotel. On Sunday, 14th May I need to get to the Port for an MSC Cruise to the Norwegian Fjords and return on Sunday 21st May. Could you please help me get from my hotel The Admiral to the Port and back again.

Thank you so much in advance for your help, you are amazing! It is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Thank you for thinking about me :D

Its very easy to get to Oceankaj.

Take bus 26 towards Søndre Frihavn (sometimes Østerport) and get off at Østerport.

From Østerport you take bus 25 or 27 to Oceankaj.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Copenhagen+Admiral+Hotel,+Toldbodgade,+K%C3%B8benhavn+K/Odd+Fellow+Palace,+1302+K%C3%B8benhavn/@55.6821793,12.5900585,18z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652532304f048b9:0xc434d3c629076523!2m2!1d12.5938208!2d55.6819184!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525318862fce1d:0xd8dea90d7c8ebd33!2m2!1d12.5884797!2d55.683235!3e2

Remember to use the second bus stop at Østerport because bus 27 doesn´t stop at the first one called Østerport st. (Folke Bernadottes allé)

https://www.google.dk/maps/place/%C3%98sterport+St./@55.6919892,12.589168,16z/data=!4m22!1m16!4m15!1m6!1m2!1s0x4652532304f048b9:0xc434d3c629076523!2sCopenhagen+Admiral+Hotel,+Toldbodgade,+K%C3%B8benhavn+K!2m2!1d12.5938208!2d55.6819184!1m6!1m2!1s0x46525318862fce1d:0xd8dea90d7c8ebd33!2sOdd+Fellow+Palace,+1302+K%C3%B8benhavn!2m2!1d12.5884797!2d55.683235!3e2!3m4!1s0x465252e0509b6503:0x67f1b40f512f1420!8m2!3d55.6935487!4d12.5912252

We are in Copenhagen on sat 17th June as part of a baltics cruise.

Do you know where cruise line shuttle buses normally drop off in the city?

I can't seem to find the answer to this question anywhere.

Alternatively we were considering using the hop on hop off buses as a convenient method of getting around the city - have you any thoughts on the pros and cons of this?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Honestly I don´t know where they drop you off but I have seen lots of tour busses from the cruise lines on HC Andersens Boulevard next to Tivoli and the Town Hall Square.

My opinion about hoho busses is that the public busses does the same job but cheaper, but it requires some planning beforehand.

A citypass only cost 80 kroners and the ho/ho busses around 300-345 kroner.

http://www.rejseplanen.dk/bin/query.exe/en

It should not be a problem at all as as you not go off the beaten path.

Many shops accept Amex, Visa, Mastercard and JCB, at least where i work (danish chain with shops all around europe and other parts of the world) we can handle chip and signature so I´m guessing that the places in Copenhagen catering for tourists can handle it as well.

Thank you. I am going to be going to my bank and talk with them. I believe BoA has international cards that feature the "chip and pin", so if I can, I will carry both styles.

Should I have local currency as an augmented strategy.

At the moment I don't know if they will open in 2018 but a public hearing is on going about a transformation of the Paper Island.

But it is my understanding that CPH Street Food is a part of this new project but it might be a possibility that they may have to close down or relocate during the construction.

Thank you. Since there do not seem to be hard plans for the Island, perhaps the closing will happen in 2018.

I hope they can relocate than return. Street Food also seems to be a social and musical venue. A CPH version of NOLA's Bourbon St. would be a nice touch.

Hi Danish Viking,

I'm arriving late at 10:15pm and plan to stay at A&O Copenhagen Norrebro. Is that area safe? And how do I get there from airport other than taxi? I have party of 4 with 4 luggages.

Similarily, how should I get to the port from A&O?

Iris

Hi Danish Viking,

I'm arriving late at 10:15pm and plan to stay at A&O Copenhagen Norrebro. Is that area safe? And how do I get there from airport other than taxi? I have party of 4 with 4 luggages.

Similarily, how should I get to the port from A&O?

Iris

You have 3 options if going by public transportation.

Take metro or Øresundstog train to Nørreport and from there change to bus 6A towards Buddinge and get off at Rovsingsgade (Tagensvej) just next to the Hostel.

But if you want to avoid busses here are then 2 other options.

Take the metro from the airport to Flintholm, here change for a northbound Line F towards Hellerup and get off at Bispebjerg just a few 100 meters away from the hostel.

Another option is to take the airport train towards Nivå and get off at Hellerup, here you take a southbound line F towards Ny Ellebjerg and get off at Bispebjerg.

The easiest way to get to Oceankaj is to take any northbound F line train from Østerport and get off at Hellerup.

From here you take any southbound train (both S-trains and Øresundstog trains) and get off at Østerport, this trip only takes 15 minutes.

From here you take either bus 25 or 27 to Oceankaj.

Remember to use the far side pedestrian bridge and turn right in order to reach the busses.

Generally this part of Nørrebro is safe so you don´t need to worry about this area of Copenhagen.

Thank you. I am going to be going to my bank and talk with them. I believe BoA has international cards that feature the "chip and pin", so if I can, I will carry both styles.

Should I have local currency as an augmented strategy.

A few 100 kroners would probably not be a bad thing to have on you, maybe just get it at a ATM in the airport or in Copenhagen.

You have 3 options if going by public transportation.

Take metro or Øresundstog train to Nørreport and from there change to bus 6A towards Buddinge and get off at Rovsingsgade (Tagensvej) just next to the Hostel.

But if you want to avoid busses here are then 2 other options.

Take the metro from the airport to Flintholm, here change for a northbound Line F towards Hellerup and get off at Bispebjerg just a few 100 meters away from the hostel.

Another option is to take the airport train towards Nivå and get off at Hellerup, here you take a southbound line F towards Ny Ellebjerg and get off at Bispebjerg.

The easiest way to get to Oceankaj is to take any northbound F line train from Østerport and get off at Hellerup.

From here you take any southbound train (both S-trains and Øresundstog trains) and get off at Østerport, this trip only takes 15 minutes.

From here you take either bus 25 or 27 to Oceankaj.

Remember to use the far side pedestrian bridge and turn right in order to reach the busses.

Generally this part of Nørrebro is safe so you don´t need to worry about this area of Copenhagen.

Thanks Danish Viking,

How much will it cost for taxi from A&O to Oceankaj? Or any link I can use to find out? Also, do you think we can fit 4 people and 4 luggages in one taxi?

Do you know if the vendors there accept credit cards, or would I need cash?

Honestly I don´t know where they drop you off but I have seen lots of tour busses from the cruise lines on HC Andersens Boulevard next to Tivoli and the Town Hall Square.

My opinion about hoho busses is that the public busses does the same job but cheaper, but it requires some planning beforehand.

A citypass only cost 80 kroners and the ho/ho busses around 300-345 kroner.

http://www.rejseplanen.dk/bin/query.exe/en

IMHO, unless your cruise ship offers free shuttles, it will probably be a lot cheaper to take public transportation from the cruiseport to the city. And using public transportation, you can route yourself exactly where you want to go.

I'm not a big fan of HO/HO buses unless you have mobility issues and can only sightsee while sitting. If you are reasonably fit, you can walk to most of the attractions once you get to a central spot in Copenhagen. And as Danish Viking points out, there are always buses to help you get around.

If you want a sightseeing tour in Copenhagen, I recommend the Copenhagen Free Walking Tours. Our 3-hour tour was so informative and entertaining! Just be sure to tip appropriately.

Thanks Danish Viking,

How much will it cost for taxi from A&O to Oceankaj? Or any link I can use to find out? Also, do you think we can fit 4 people and 4 luggages in one taxi?

I found this as to taxi rates

miles Estimated Price *

3 113.63 kr

4 138.17 kr

5 162.71 kr

6 187.25 kr

Best I can see on google earth is you are 3 miles from the dock. But that is straight line distance, so road mile will be at least double.

Thanks Danish Viking,

Yes as already pointed out, around 200 kroner sounds correct.

Just a little mistake in my guide to get to the ship..

I wrote that you had to take the line F from Østerport to Hellerup but its of course from Bispebjerg to Hellerup and then to Østerport.

Silly me :cool:

Hello-

I have read a few threads from a while back on electrical adapters/converters for Copenhagen. The newest one I saw was from about 2011. Does anyone have any recent insight on need for converters/adapters for chargeable from the US? Doubt if voltage requirements have changed.

I need something that will allow me to charge multiple electronics as well as allow me to plug in my personal hair dryer. ( I know the hotels probably have them but I am partial to mine). Any particular brand or specific adapter/converter you would recommend?

Hello-

I have read a few threads from a while back on electrical adapters/converters for Copenhagen. The newest one I saw was from about 2011. Does anyone have any recent insight on need for converters/adapters for chargeable from the US? Doubt if voltage requirements have changed.

I need something that will allow me to charge multiple electronics as well as allow me to plug in my personal hair dryer. ( I know the hotels probably have them but I am partial to mine). Any particular brand or specific adapter/converter you would recommend?

Voltage and plugs are the same as in 2001.