Cabin Cleaning

RuthlessBoss

Perfect answer. I think the towels are the biggest issue. Shower in the morning and shower at night. The towels do not dry in that time span. Plus I do not reuse towels at home, so I do not wish to on vacation.

We also like to have the wet pool/beach towels replaced in the evening, especially if we have an early port the next morning. There isn't room to hang them to dry. Plus, clearing the dishes my teen brings back to the room during the day. I hate having them sitting in the hallway or on the counter. I also expect basic spot cleaning, like the sand on the bathroom floor wiped up after our beach day. (If I wipe it up with a towel I at least need the towel replaced.) We try to make things easier by putting clothes and personal items away and throwing out the ad flyers.

Edited by KatieCharlotte

We swap our wet beach towels for dry ones at the Towel Shack on Lido before going back to our cabin.

That's certainly an option, but it's not convenient if we've been using our towels anywhere but Lido. Especially if we've returned from a long port day and walked up to our room on Riviera with five wet towels.

Edited by KatieCharlotte

That's funny. My maid does this too when she comes and makes a towel animal!

Each time we have come back from a family cruise, it feels like our Room Steward came home with us --for a few weeks after the cruise, I would notice the toilet paper was often folded in that perfect Room Steward point. Turns out it was my youngest DD (last time, she was 6). She seriously kept at it for weeks after the cruise.:p

Edited by ShakyBeef

That's certainly an option, but it's not convenient if we've been using our towels anywhere but Lido. Especially if we've returned from a long port day and walked up to our room on Riviera with five wet towels.

They usually have someone as soon as you go through security when you get back on the ship with 2 big bins. One is for dirty beach towels, the other with clean ones. You can exchange them right then and there. I always do that so I don't track in sand.