Food quality levels.

Tillylovesseabourn

I've been on Azamara many times and took my first (24 night) Seabourn cruise this past summer. I think the lines are quite comparable, except for the much nicer cabins ("suites") on Seabourn, Seabourn Square (perhaps now covered by Azamara through the Living Room) and the absolutely amazing Seabourn Ventures program. Seabourn comes at a premium price but if you can afford it, it's worth it in my opinion. The Azamara officers and crew are much more welcoming and warmer. The food in MDRs is comparable; given the price difference, that's a big plus for Azamara. Azamara's two speciality restaurants are better than anything I've found on Seabourn. However - Seabourn's Colonnade is way better than Azamara's buffet. Seabourn beats Azamara hands down when it comes to the included spirits and wines (still no included Champagne Azamara, seriously?!).

In short - both lines are excellent and I've got quite a few future cruises booked on each including an 88 night on Seabourn Quest in 2017 and the full 2018 World Cruise on Azamara Journey.

PVKA: I agree with you about the right size of the Seabourn and AZ ships. Just right. One of the pleasures of Seabourn, though, is that their capacity is about 150 fewer passengers, which means larger cabins and lots more public space.

• 2 weeks later...

just back from the Journey, food was good to very good, but sorry, no highlights, at least not in the Discoveries Restaurant.

One evening was better, senior officers dinner, by invitation: surf and turf and other interesting courses and much better wines than the complimentary wines. Rose for the whole cruise a Portugese, not really good quality.

Maybe food was much better in the 2 specialty restaurants, we did not book, because we were sick and we thought we may not enjoy the food.

Enjoyed two evenings in the Patio, but the menue is still the same every evening. They change the soups, offering one fish course and one meal course every night which is not on the menue.

Robin, I'm sorry I steered you wrong. I thought the Sole was really good. The lobster was good, I had it twice and Greg once. While I would have preferred butter, the pasta it was served with was tasty. The lemoncello soufflé was wonderful. I had the special the first night, trout, and it was my least favorite entree. I love trout but it didn't taste fresh and was over cooked, IMO.

Hey Susan

Actually you didnt--she was on our cruise!!

FRANK

IMHO

Prime C was good but not as good as Oceania---salads are weak in both spz rest--

Aqualina--we didnt care for at all--veal was good but menu was weal

MTR was as expected!!!

Buffett was VERY weak

Patio was great---large menu for its setting---the ribs and steak were very good and huge burgers that we made hamburgr steak one night!

FRANK

I was on the top suite in Azamara recently- I forget the name- but the room is very nice.

We ate 6 out of 7 nights in the two speciality restaurants and had some of the best food possible. There is a Jamaican guy who is the chef up there and he is just fantastic. Would compare Prime C to the Polo Grill on O with a bit more variety.

We only ate in the MDR once and it was good, but not great, I have to admit. But then again it wasn't to my taste that night so I can't really judge.

I was on the top suite in Azamara recently- I forget the name- but the room is very nice.

We ate 6 out of 7 nights in the two speciality restaurants and had some of the best food possible. There is a Jamaican guy who is the chef up there and he is just fantastic. Would compare Prime C to the Polo Grill on O with a bit more variety.

We only ate in the MDR once and it was good, but not great, I have to admit. But then again it wasn't to my taste that night so I can't really judge.

Tyrone cooked the food and he is home for about 2 more weeks and will be back.. his food the best. Quest food over all was beter than JR this winter. i was on both.. i mean how do you ruin fsih .. and i ahted the patio.

I had the sole on Quest with butter sauce-very good. .but on JR the red sauce ruin it for me and i picked at it. . i should of sent it back to be done correctly. .do not eat lobster on a ship ever. frozen. all fish is unless Norway at times. fish at patio -one night good and one bad. dry etc.. soups both nights hated. .oh and no real seasonings for fish

Swordfish in Journey's Prime C was very nicely done, and a generous serving as well.

I have always enjoyed that and look forward to checking it out very soon. i actually don't want the chef to mess around with seasonings but to give me the options to add mind. As long as I can get a bit of lemon and the pepper pot I'm usually fine.

I have always enjoyed that and look forward to checking it out very soon. i actually don't want the chef to mess around with seasonings but to give me the options to add mind. As long as I can get a bit of lemon and the pepper pot I'm usually fine.

well, Richard felt the fish was to spicy but i thought it was too dry and not spicy at all. Lemon would of helped all 4 times i had fish on two ships.