Anyone Ever Given "Inconvenience" Crown and Anchor Points?

Based on what I am reading, it sounds as if you are a lawyer ('trial dates") and you know that demanding is often not the approach to take, and sometimes 'falling on the mercy of the court' gets you more positive results.

When our situation occurred several years ago when the points system changed, we were careful in both our tone and wording and in the end, got the desired outcome, which wasn't the point itself.

I have read throughout this thread, how the situation of others, did not work out as positively as mine.

Good luck.

I didn't demand, I asked nicely and was told no inpolitely. Did not appreciate the "Take it or leave it" attitude. I had been civil until this point.

Good luck to the OP. I am pulling for you.

Hate to see the negatives replies. I realize most are just commenting that they don't feel you will get the points. But some comments are down right rude!!!

We were also suppose to be on the Empress.

We got lucky and got called in right as the announcement was released (only by luck I saw it on FB) WE ended up changing to the Navigator. It sails the day before the Empress was suppose to. Thank goodness we were all flying in early morning the day before. Now we will be the day of. Hopefully no trouble with fights or weather.

OP, is there any other sailing you can do besides Empress??? We had to change from Miami to FLL

Good luck to the OP. I am pulling for you.

Hate to see the negatives replies. I realize most are just commenting that they don't feel you will get the points. But some comments are down right rude!!!

We were also suppose to be on the Empress.

We got lucky and got called in right as the announcement was released (only by luck I saw it on FB) WE ended up changing to the Navigator. It sails the day before the Empress was suppose to. Thank goodness we were all flying in early morning the day before. Now we will be the day of. Hopefully no trouble with fights or weather.

OP, is there any other sailing you can do besides Empress??? We had to change from Miami to FLL

I asked to be changed to Navigator or Independence but the rep said no, Majesty only. I asked her to price it out to see how much "upcharge" there would be but she said no, Majesty only.

How did you get from Empress to Navigator? How much did you have to pay difference and what room did you have and what did you change to?

I didn't demand, I asked nicely and was told no inpolitely. Did not appreciate the "Take it or leave it" attitude. I had been civil until this point.

Below is a post you made previously in this thread

I am getting 8 points for 4 day cruise cause I booked a suite but I would have received 10 points had I sailed Empress for 5 days. So I don't think my demand is unreasonable since its 2 extra points

I know that the situation I have explained came about somewhat differently, but I don't see why the same logic shouldn't apply.

I wish there was a private message feature on CC, but there is not.

Thanks, I will try, don't have much hope though, will probably end up having to upgrade from JS to GS on next sailing if they say no. Or canceling all the JSs out of spite.

Had the sail dates all lined up perfectly to reach eat tier but oh well.

I wish you good luck with this. I'd be really irritated if I were in your shoes. I don't have a dog in this fight, but it seems to me Royal is not offering much for people being so inconvenienced by the short notice of these cancellations. Given that RCL's net profit for 2015 was in excess of $665 million, they could have done better than this.

I know that the situation I have explained came about somewhat differently, but I don't see why the same logic shouldn't apply.

Perhaps OP is using the word "demand" as a term of art, rather than as a description of his tone when dealing with them?

Given that RCL's net profit for 2015 was in excess of $665 million, they could have done better than this.

I truly believe that Royal could do better for cruisers than what they seem to be offering and I am a stockholder. It just doesn't seem fair.

I am getting 8 points for 4 day cruise cause I booked a suite but I would have received 10 points had I sailed Empress for 5 days. So I don't think my demand is unreasonable since its 2 extra points

Really? Ok. :rolleyes:

I was typing as you were posting the same thing. :)

I know, I said I was nice at first then I started demanding. Sorry I guess I wasn't clear in my reply

I know, I said I was nice at first then I started demanding. Sorry I guess I wasn't clear in my reply

I think most of us do our best to deal with these matters politely, but sometimes it's tough. Lord knows, I've been pushed over the edge sometimes! I hope that knowing that some folks on this board feel for you eases the sting of the situation a little bit.

I asked to be changed to Navigator or Independence but the rep said no, Majesty only. I asked her to price it out to see how much "upcharge" there would be but she said no, Majesty only.

How did you get from Empress to Navigator? How much did you have to pay difference and what room did you have and what did you change to?

You can change to any ship you want. But by doing so you won't be price protected. You just pay the going rate. That's all.

As an alternative, guests may move to the same stateroom category on another Empress of Seas sailing between April 25, 2016 and July 23, 2016, and may also move to the same stateroom category on any Majesty of the Seas sailing between now and April 29, 2016 for the same cruise fare rate they paid for their original sailing. Guests who rebook to any Royal Caribbean Sailing will receive a $100 per stateroom onboard credit.

Edited by Retired LEO

OK, we found out via facebook right at 1:00 yesterday. Immediately called TA. She was being offered majesty only. I was not happy so I immediately called Crown and Anchor. They had to do a three way call to include the TA. TA was quite surprised they would even talk to me, but I did most of the talking. Meanwhile the other three girlfriends are on computers and telling me what they are finding. We were pretty insistent and they ended up with a higher up giving us the Navigator.

Price difference was different for the two cabins. Friend I am rooming with is from Canada and there was a canadian residency discount. So we only had to pay $65 for the change to navigator. The other two were not so lucky, no discount for them. They had to pay like $178 per person for the change. We have decided to split the difference with them.

We did however end up with a OV down on deck3. When we made the change we were suppose to do Promenade room guarantee. Ended up with OV But with everything I am reading here today, we feel very lucky that we are sailing and that we are able to keep same flights.

Thank goodness we caught it quick and that our TA was available to talk to Royal and help us out.

OK, we found out via facebook right at 1:00 yesterday. Immediately called TA. She was being offered majesty only. I was not happy so I immediately called Crown and Anchor. They had to do a three way call to include the TA. TA was quite surprised they would even talk to me, but I did most of the talking. Meanwhile the other three girlfriends are on computers and telling me what they are finding. We were pretty insistent and they ended up with a higher up giving us the Navigator.

Price difference was different for the two cabins. Friend I am rooming with is from Canada and there was a canadian residency discount. So we only had to pay $65 for the change to navigator. The other two were not so lucky, no discount for them. They had to pay like $178 per person for the change. We have decided to split the difference with them.

We did however end up with a OV down on deck3. When we made the change we were suppose to do Promenade room guarantee. Ended up with OV But with everything I am reading here today, we feel very lucky that we are sailing and that we are able to keep same flights.

Thank goodness we caught it quick and that our TA was available to talk to Royal and help us out.

So on Empress you had OV and on Navi you got OV? Am I understanding that right? Or did you down grade?

call C&A Desk or Resolutions and explain you were basically taking a 5 day cruise in a suite to attain the next level and how through no fault of your own, RCI is de facto moving the goal posts on you since they are offering you sailings that are not comparable. Don't know if you will get anywhere, but I'm on your side here.

That's what I would do as well.

PS Tough crowd (present company excluded);)

I hope they are able to help you out. The only time I got bonus points (which I believe applies to everyone who deals with this situation) is when my 10 night cruise was shortened to 9 nights due to a medical emergency delaying the start of my sailing. So, I guess I can't even call them bonus - we just earned our full points even though we sailed 1 night less.

So on Empress you had OV and on Navi you got OV? Am I understanding that right? Or did you down grade?

WE had OV Empress on a higher deck. When we changed to Navigator, the rate we were given was for a Promenade guarantee (so we thought it would be deck 5-8)

But when confirmation sent, they put us in a OV on deck three. Technically it is a "upgrade" from Promenade. But it's way down there!! lol

But for what everyone else is getting, we are thanking our lucky stars.

Have you called back about your points?? Wishing you luck

WE had OV Empress on a higher deck. When we changed to Navigator, the rate we were given was for a Promenade guarantee (so we thought it would be deck 5-8)

But when confirmation sent, they put us in a OV on deck three. Technically it is a "upgrade" from Promenade. But it's way down there!! lol

But for what everyone else is getting, we are thanking our lucky stars.

Have you called back about your points?? Wishing you luck

Yeah I wasn't offered option of Navigator even to pay extra I am guessing cause I had suite booked on Empress. Rep said no way, wouldn't even give me a price.

I called, waiting for a call back from the "big guns" to see if they will credit me for 5 days on the 4 day Majesty. Id much rather be on Navigator though, I live 10 minutes from Port but I am not that lucky.

Just getting approved to Diamond so my subsequent cruises in JSs is enough for me to salvage this situation. But if they won't I have to cancel a lot of cruises between April and my next GS.

We shall see, RC sells out often so I doubt they will care if I cancel 4 cruises, they will find someone else to take my place.

Best of luck with your negotiations.

RC offered double points on select cruises (Diamonds in December) years ago, and had a recent onboard offer to receive points for buying something (I can't remember the specifics).

Anything is possible, but in some cases they must stick to rules to keep from setting a precedent.

Sorry to hear that RC messed up your plans

Seeking some precedent here as I fight with RC reps...

Has anyone ever received Crown and Anchor Points as compensation for a cancelled cruise?

I "was" on the April 11, 5 Day Empress that was cancelled and being "offered" to move to 4 Day Majesty. However, I needed 10 Points to make Diamond and would have had it after 5 days on Empress (Suite). Therefore, if I take 4 days Majesty I will only receive 8 points and be 2 shy. I asked the rep if they will give me 10 Points instead of 8 but she said no way will happen, never has happened.

I just don't believe her. I find it highly unlikely that Royal has never given anyone 2 bonus points for the inconvenience. And really it isn't a bonus point its the point that was orginally paid for.

nobody gives points for 'inconvenience'. extra OBC sure. dinner at Chops, you betcha.

Seeking some precedent here as I fight with RC reps...

Has anyone ever received Crown and Anchor Points as compensation for a cancelled cruise?

I "was" on the April 11, 5 Day Empress that was cancelled and being "offered" to move to 4 Day Majesty. However, I needed 10 Points to make Diamond and would have had it after 5 days on Empress (Suite). Therefore, if I take 4 days Majesty I will only receive 8 points and be 2 shy. I asked the rep if they will give me 10 Points instead of 8 but she said no way will happen, never has happened.

I just don't believe her. I find it highly unlikely that Royal has never given anyone 2 bonus points for the inconvenience. And really it isn't a bonus point its the point that was orginally paid for.

Yes, I have heard of this.

A friend was booked on a B2B only it went against the Jones Act so they had to swap ship after the first cruise with RCI onto an X ship for the 2nd week.

RCI honoured the points that they should have earned on the 2nd week as it was RCI's mistake that they were allowed to book on that route.

Good luck.

Can't, I plan my cruises and work schedule a year in advance. I have appointments, trial dates etc., booked out until February 2017.

I would much rather go on Empress than Majesty, but since I can't I want my 2 "lost" points so I can be Diamond on my next sailing.

not Royal's problem. we got a certificate for $250 OBC and $100 off our next cruise once due to issues with our suite and the noise level on the pool deck above us. it was good for a finite time period and we could not get our schedules to work allowing us to cruise while it was still valid.