Anyone Ever Given "Inconvenience" Crown and Anchor Points?

Garavar too bad they couldn't work it out with you. Sometimes their customer service is not optimal and you have to vote with your dollars as it is the only thing they might understand.

Don't listen to posters who want to compare your problems to those of terrorism victims, that is idiotic . Everyone has their own problems and it doesn't mean you can't complain if you feel you are being treated unfairly.

It was interesting hearing what happened in the end so thanks for posting your update.

Perhaps if this situation wasn't so widespread, your personal outcome might have been different, especially if it could have been handled a little differently in the beginning.

Forgot to mention, that if Royal had said "sure no problem, we will bump your status to Diamond for your next cruise after Majesty but don't tell anyone" I wouldn't have told a soul.

And really, after the pages and pages of "No's" who would have believed me had they done it?

IIRC in 2012 I got 3 bonus points. Enchantment was then based in Baltimore and had broken down in the terminal, delayed for about 2 days and then traveling at reduced speeds for a few more days until final repairs were made. This was in February and I think Royal gave bonus points for cruises on Enchantment for the next 3 or 4 months. No inconvenience for me but a welcome incentive.

Roy

I was on the Enchantment on the cruise after it broke down which is also the cruise before it was fixed. Our itinerary was changed and we missed an island (Labadee). We received a $300 OBC but we did not get any "bonus" C&A points.

I'm so sorry that you are having this trouble... I've read the thread... and beside this mess I hope you and your lovely lady are doing well. I do have a contact a little higher up the laddar that was of great assistance to me on that cruise we were on last year. You all were so nice to invite me to your table and so gracious to me on that cruise. I would have sent you the info through a private message but for the life of me can not figure out if we can do that here on Cruise Critic... so if you email me at staugfishstuff at gmail dot com I'll pass along the info to you.

I'm so sorry that you are having this trouble... I've read the thread... and beside this mess I hope you and your lovely lady are doing well. I do have a contact a little higher up the laddar that was of great assistance to me on that cruise we were on last year. You all were so nice to invite me to your table and so gracious to me on that cruise. I would have sent you the info through a private message but for the life of me can not figure out if we can do that here on Cruise Critic... so if you email me at staugfishstuff at gmail dot com I'll pass along the info to you.

Emailed you, but not for the info, that is way on the back burner now. We have been trying to get a hold of you to invite you on trips with us.

Speak soon, glad you contacted us!

Emailed you, but not for the info, that is way on the back burner now. We have been trying to get a hold of you to invite you on trips with us.

Speak soon, glad you contacted us!

I had a slightly similar issue in the past couple of days, and was completely shut down and blown off by Customer Service.

I escalated, and now have the outcome I desired.

If you email me, I will explain further.

Edited by Merion_Mom

It amazes me that they would let a dispute over "Loyalty Points" lose them a "Loyal Customer" Surely these points are trinkets so you will book more cruises with them. It was not like the request was unfair. The OP was just asking to not lose anything from the changes they made.

I have points that I will probably never be of any use to me. You are welcome to a couple of them.

rci was running a promo.. not sure it's still in effect... for a suite between May 1 and sept. 1 they were offerring quadruple points.. we booked oasis for august as a friend will be Diamond with the quadruple points...

rci was running a promo.. not sure it's still in effect... for a suite between May 1 and sept. 1 they were offerring quadruple points.. we booked oasis for august as a friend will be Diamond with the quadruple points...

I remember it. It was for Oasis/Anthem class only. Not a fan of those mega ships so I didn't book.

For those of you that have read through the entire thread and saw my previous posts in here... You will see my situation as very similar to the OP's.

Alls I am going to say is that my outcome in a resolution is now vastly different than reported by OP. I guess being nice and wording things correctly can make a big difference. Woot. [emoji3]

I didn't see that one. How did you find out about it?

Edited by marci22

For those of you that have read through the entire thread and saw my previous posts in here... You will see my situation as very similar to the OP's.

Alls I am going to say is that my outcome in a resolution is now vastly different than reported by OP. I guess being nice and wording things correctly can make a big difference. Woot. [emoji3]

Thats good news, glad it worked out for you. (not saying that sarcastically) I have been told no already but I am still holding out hope that someone will email me.

Thats good news, glad it worked out for you. (not saying that sarcastically) I have been told no already but I am still holding out hope that someone will email me.

Best of luck. Mine was due to finally being able to speak with one of the "supervisors" that no one knew actually existed. Called me back after the third different polite request. Was very nice/helpful.

OK, so let me preference this reply with the following because I thinks its important to know.

I'm not a emerald or platinum or diamond or diamond plus and what ever else I missed. I'm just measly Gold peasant (I'll get there though.....eventually) who books just standard balconies and is just happy to get on a ship and enjoy a vacation.

Now that the BS is out of the way onto my comment.

While I don't think it would ever happen, I don't think the OP is out of line asking for cruise points given the situation he was put in. I say that because I see cruise points no differently than hotels points that you get for staying at such.

I mean there have been a handful of times where I was given way beyond what I would have gotten for the stay, because of issues beyond my control.

Now all that being said I have no problem with OP asking, I mean I would ask. Do I think I will be successful? No? and the reason I think that is if RCI was to take that kind of action ever time there was a screw up, than everyone would be whatever that hi tier is (diamond plus?).

I know that would completely "P" off the members who legitimately got there in the first place, I mean if I was already at that level I would definitely not like it.

But one thing I know for sure, you will absolutely get nothing if you don't ask(that is a fact). In this case OP, you probably have a better chance at winning Powerball :)

OK, so let me preference this reply with the following because I thinks its important to know.

I'm not a emerald or platinum or diamond or diamond plus and what ever else I missed. I'm just measly Gold peasant (I'll get there though.....eventually) who books just standard balconies and is just happy to get on a ship and enjoy a vacation.

Now that the BS is out of the way onto my comment.

While I don't think it would ever happen, I don't think the OP is out of line asking for cruise points given the situation he was put in. I say that because I see cruise points no differently than hotels points that you get for staying at such.

I mean there have been a handful of times where I was given way beyond what I would have gotten for the stay, because of issues beyond my control.

Now all that being said I have no problem with OP asking, I mean I would ask. Do I think I will be successful? No? and the reason I think that is if RCI was to take that kind of action ever time there was a screw up, than everyone would be whatever that hi tier is (diamond plus?).

I know that would completely "P" off the members who legitimately got there in the first place, I mean if I was already at that level I would definitely not like it.

But one thing I know for sure, you will absolutely get nothing if you don't ask(that is a fact). In this case OP, you probably have a better chance at winning Powerball :)

The big difference between C&A and Hotel Points is C&A Points are given and are not taken away at some Point.

Hotel Points are given and can be spent on stuff like free nights. Once spent they are gone again. If not spent in a certain time Frame they often will expire. Same goes for Status Levels in Hotel Programms. It will expire after some time if you don´t re-qualify for it. With C&A this is way different. The only value Points have, is to determine your Status Level and they do not expire. You do not have to re-qualify for keeping your Status Level.