TSA Pre-check!

bigsky

Thanks for the reminder on this! I'm thinking of getting this for DH. I've been getting the precheck boarding passes automatically now for a couple of years and sometimes they let my DH go through with me and sometimes not.

It always kind of irks him seeing me breeze through while he's still putting his belt and shoes back on. But watch, next time it will be him waiting for me,lol.:p

Yes i have been getting it for a couple of years now and i never applied for it.

I have never applied for TSA pre check but have received it for the last few years on all my flights. Just returned from Florida and had it going down and back. So did my husband. I have no idea why I get it but checking in is so much easier. I do know some airlines do not participate.

When making airline reservations, don't forget to enter your trusted traveler number if they ask for it. But, from time to time, we will get non TSA Precheck boarding cards and be forced to go through security with the huddled masses. ;-)

One time, there was a shortage of TSA agents and the TSA Precheck line was shut down. Makes one appreciate TSA Precheck and not to take it for granted .

The first time I went to the airport set up with precheck the precheck line was closed. It's helped out a lot though, especially flying it if Vegas which I do quite a bit for work.

DH and I are both signed up and I was excited to learn our young kids can come with us when we travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have never applied for TSA pre check but have received it for the last few years on all my flights. Just returned from Florida and had it going down and back. So did my husband. I have no idea why I get it but checking in is so much easier. I do know some airlines do not participate.

We had a flight about two weeks ago to Fort Lauderdale and we were both pre-check. I hope it doesn't go away. It started showing up on mine about 5 years ago and the last two have been on my husband's also.

Excellent! Hope we can cruise together again.:)

We have one on the Serenade in October and another on the Brillance right before Thanksgiving and that's about it.

I am looking at the Allure for next May for my retirement cruise but that isn't booked yet

We have one on the Serenade in October and another on the Brillance right before Thanksgiving and that's about it.

I am looking at the Allure for next May for my retirement cruise but that isn't booked yet

I'll send you an email.

Agent took my picture, but had a difficult time getting my fingerprints, sometimes to press hard and other time to press easier--I think it was a bad machine.

Did they actually get a good scan of your prints? They weren't able to get a full set on me after 8 ATTEMPTS, so I'm worried I may not get approved. DH's approval letter arrived this week, but my application is still processing. :confused:

So excited to learn about the TSA pre check today! Once we were standing in a long line at the airport, which can be normal at some. Someone mentioned this, but didn't know what it was. My friend today learned about this and informed me about it. It's good for 5 years. You fill out an application, supply fingerprints and pay your fee. If you're accepted, you can skip security check point lines. Just one trip a year is worth this! $85.00

This is the website if you have questions. Our local airport is doing it this week, and dh is on a trip. Have to travel a few hrs to another airport in a few weeks. This will save so much time!

https://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/apply

Maybe most know about this. I've been traveling for years and wish I knew about this sooner!

But be aware that even if you are enrolled in the program sometimes you are not allowed to use it, and you have to go through the regular lines.

I'm considering getting my Known Traveler as well, but you should check to see if your local airport can regularly accommodate this. Some smaller airports don't have a PreCheck line at all, or it's only open limited hours, so it's not worth the effort or expense. I mostly fly out of Boston, so it's worthwhile for me, but if I go to one of the regional airports, it probably won't make much of a difference.

Last time I flew with Delta Airlines they automatically gave me TSA Pre-check. It was great not having to take off my shoes, etc.

Airlines often offer precheck based on whether or not you are using one of their branded credit cards for your travels.

We have had it for several years and have always had expedited pre-check - which is only sometimes given out randomly, but cannot be relied upon. All you need is just once seeing people having to take an hour-plus in line on a busy day to realize the value. Of course, you have to remember to enter your GOES number when you make your reservation to have the pre-check show up on your boarding pass.

Because we also fly internationally the entry aspect is also valuable - saving much time going through immigration. Sadly, there are often people without Global Entry who see the kiosks and think they can save time by using them --- they will stand in front of the kiosk for several minutes trying to make it work and hold up people behind them who do have Global Entry.

Of course, given the reluctance of so many CC'ers to pay $100 even for passports (pre-requisites for Global Entry), I don't think those people will want to pay for it.

Airlines often offer precheck based on whether or not you are using one of their branded credit cards for your travels.

I've seen some indicators that this option may be going away in the near future and you have to enroll in the TSA PreCheck program to get it. Not sure how that will or will not effect those with elite status in the frequent flyer program or branded credit card holder.

Edited by Band1Mom

But be aware that even if you are enrolled in the program sometimes you are not allowed to use it, and you have to go through the regular lines.

Why is that? Just because the airport doesn't offer it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you are enrolled, and you have it noted on your boarding pass, and fly from an airport with an active pre-check line --- why would you not be allowed to use it?