2018 Brides!

CruisinBlondie28 that is awesome. I don't think Carnival offers the 'at sea' wedding choice but I def would have considered it! I really didn't want to do a port because I didn't want anyone to miss what the ports had to offer. St. Maarten is one of my all time favorite ports and that itinerary is great. Congrats on already having 31 booked! Side note: My wedding is also on the 28th... of April though. :) lol I read your second post wondering if I missed we were date twins... but it was a no go.

So its only in discussion mode, but I really really want to change our invites to the passports on Vanessas Destination Wedding Passports site. They are SO AMAZING. My FH is stuck on wanting to do full size message in a bottles. I love the message in a bottle idea (It was mine after all) but the more I think about the more of a pain the ass it sounds like and the mock ups we've done have been kind of "EHHH" PLUS shipping costs to those we don't see every day, and the fact that I'd rather mail then hand deliver..... sigh

I'm still working on convincing him so I ordered a sample one off etsy... wish me luck!

ETA: 35 days until my GIRLS WEEKEND BOOZ CRUISE!!!!! yay!!!!

Edited by StingRaysfan

@Jac if I was doing an 11 day cruise I'd probably have already sent them out too already. That definitely takes some extra planning for most people! :) (side note: Maybe it's because I took my name off my signature but it's April though I DO like the name Ashley. I had a girl call me Abbie once for the longest and I never corrected her she was so mad I didn't LOL)

April, oh my goodness I'm so sorry...lol... Where in the world did I come up with this name? I promise I usually don't go around renaming people. Please forgive me 🙈.

<3 Crystal

CruisinBlondie28 that is awesome. I don't think Carnival offers the 'at sea' wedding choice but I def would have considered it! I really didn't want to do a port because I didn't want anyone to miss what the ports had to offer. St. Maarten is one of my all time favorite ports and that itinerary is great. Congrats on already having 31 booked! Side note: My wedding is also on the 28th... of April though. :) lol I read your second post wondering if I missed we were date twins... but it was a no go.

So its only in discussion mode, but I really really want to change our invites to the passports on Vanessas Destination Wedding Passports site. They are SO AMAZING. My FH is stuck on wanting to do full size message in a bottles. I love the message in a bottle idea (It was mine after all) but the more I think about the more of a pain the ass it sounds like and the mock ups we've done have been kind of "EHHH" PLUS shipping costs to those we don't see every day, and the fact that I'd rather mail then hand deliver..... sigh

I'm still working on convincing him so I ordered a sample one off etsy... wish me luck!

ETA: 35 days until my GIRLS WEEKEND BOOZ CRUISE!!!!! yay!!!!

Wooohooo for the boozecruise.... It's so hard picking the right invitation, I love the message in a bottle but it is sooooo much work. Vanessa's passport invites are really beautiful, your going to have a tough decision. I guess you will have to weigh the pros and cons for him. You might have a chance of the passport invites come up Cheaper. Good luck

<3 Crystal

• 2 weeks later...

LOL Crystal, it's ok, I gave serious thought to flying undercover here as my secret identity of Ashley hehe. :)

I think I have him convinced on the passport invite :) YAY!

25 days now and I'll be on the Fantasy... Its way far away til my wedding but I don't really see myself doing this again before the wedding, and I highly doubt I'll have a real bachelorette so I'm kinda looking at this as my unofficial fun bachelorette cruise!

• 1 month later...

I might be late to the party on this thread, but my FH and I have recently decided on a Summer (or maybe Fall) 2018 cruise wedding. Right now we're leaning towards a NCL ship sailing out of NYC, but we're waiting for the itineraries to be posted before we make any decisions.

So, hello y'all. :)

We are getting married, summer/fall of 2018, it's never too early

I might be late to the party on this thread, but my FH and I have recently decided on a Summer (or maybe Fall) 2018 cruise wedding. Right now we're leaning towards a NCL ship sailing out of NYC, but we're waiting for the itineraries to be posted before we make any decisions.

So, hello y'all. :)

We will also being doing a wedding cruise in Spring 2018 since the fall is hurricane season and already so busy for our family.

We're looking at Celebrity because we want the wedding done by the Captain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congrats all, 2018 is getting closer and closer. Keep us posted along your journey

<3 Crystal

• 1 month later...
Not a bride but a groom checkin in lol.

Waiting for 2018 Europe itineraries to pop up for Royal Caribbean. Then the real planning begins! I've read a lot of negative reviews of RCCL Weddings so I'm a bit nervous....

Congrats Groom, don't be shy we welcome all around here. I'm pretty sure I have read both good and bad reviews for RCCL. My best advice would be to really read between the lines see what the major complaints are and see if you can tolerate them or possible work around them. Wedding planning in itself is a bit of a hassle. All the best and good luck keep reading and ask lots of questions. FYI the best review that I read was from a groom he planned his Bahama wedding and provided us with lots of helpful information.

=) Crystal

LOL Crystal, it's ok, I gave serious thought to flying undercover here as my secret identity of Ashley hehe. :)

I think I have him convinced on the passport invite :) YAY!

25 days now and I'll be on the Fantasy... Its way far away til my wedding but I don't really see myself doing this again before the wedding, and I highly doubt I'll have a real bachelorette so I'm kinda looking at this as my unofficial fun bachelorette cruise!

lololol April, love that idea incognito. How did your girls weekend booze cruise go?

<3 Crystal

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just have a few minor details to decide on before I book my 2018 wedding on the Conquest. I'm extremely excited :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, that is the most exciting part, the part when your getting everything together before you book. Good luck, lets us know the details.

We booked an aft vista suite on Ruby Princess to Alaska in June 2018. Planning to get married in Juneau with 20 or so of our friends and family. Time to start the countdown!

Congrats, that sounds absolutely amazing, you wedding is going to be beautiful, do you have any plans figured out yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

We are just starting to plan a vow renewal for our 25th anniversary next February. We've talked about doing this for years since we had a unique wedding and wanted something that was just for us. We will be sailing on Liberty of the Seas 2/4/2018 with a small group of friends and family. I emailed Royal's event planning group 2 weeks ago and haven't heard from them yet but from what I've read, that's pretty normal for them. :( I wasn't sure if I wanted a dress or not but my husband and our daughter pushed me to go try on a few dresses to see what I thought and I ended up buying a dress! That alone made it all seem so real! LOL

Looking forward to seeing what you all have planned for your big day!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all. I have finally put my deposits for 30 rooms for my Majesty of the Seas wedding cruise Feb, 2018! I'm so excited to be planning but there are so many decisions to make. I have a few questions if anyone can help with I'd love to know:

1. If getting married while on the island (I will be), what would a good itinerary be so that guests also get to enjoy the destination a little bit?

2. How will you order your events for the reception? I was thinking, private 1 hour cocktail party for traditional wedding things like 1st dances, throwing the bouquet, toasts, and cake cutting. Then have dinner in the MDR followed by dancing with one of the ships night parties.

3. Will you bring decorations on board for the reception, or dinner, and who will you have put them out?

4. RCI offers a shared cocktail party for groups. Any idea if we can use this to our advantage in place of paying for the reception?

....any other ideas or thoughts too.

Thanks all!

Hello everyone I am new to the board. I am going to do a carnival cruise wedding in Late April, Early May 2018 I am waiting to hear from my travel agent today or tomorrow on the booking! So I don't know exact date yet. I am a little frustrated that you HAVE to pay carnival in full instead of a non refundable down payment. My aunt fronted me the money, she knows it is my dream wedding.

Put my deposit down for 44 staterooms on Rhapsody for May 26th 2018.

Started the initial emails with Royal Ocean Events for Royal Caribbean.

So far so good. Getting very detailed emails and quick (2-3 days) responses.

I'm glad to hear that they are responding to you because I have emailed them 3 times since 2/19 with no response at all. Since they are only open hours that I tend to be at work, I was really hoping that I could work with them mostly through email. I guess I'm going to have to use my lunch break to call them. :(

• 4 weeks later...
Lol thats funny... my FH was born in Montana and raised in Washinton state. (And my family is from New England, even though a lot of us are in FL now) We have a couple people we are inviting from Montana, one of them being his dad who lives in Great Falls. A round trip between Ft Myers, FL and Great Falls MT was nearly 800 bucks a person when we went up there last summer....YIKES!

It was hard for me to spend that knowing I could go on a 7 or 8 day cruise for that. Airfare stinks..... get them started searching for airfare steals early and often!!!

Hey! How's the wedding planning coming along? I too "live" in Ft. Myers Florida. I will be getting married on RCI on Feb 17, 2018. I ran across this board once but never saw the Ft. Myers part. This summer I'll be coming "home" tickets from Boston and NY are only like $100 each. I know it's not Montana but could your pep possibly drive to a bigger city airport and fly?

Our contract got approved today! So I guess it is official, we will be getting married on board the Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas on 1/28/2018 (a sea day!) We have 31 sailing guests already booked and a little over 500 days to go!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE write a review on how it goes. I'm especially interested in how peoples receptions are ran and what you did during them. I will be married the next month on Majesty of the Seas

I'm glad to hear that they are responding to you because I have emailed them 3 times since 2/19 with no response at all. Since they are only open hours that I tend to be at work, I was really hoping that I could work with them mostly through email. I guess I'm going to have to use my lunch break to call them. :(

I'm in the same boat as you. I emailed them at the beginning of Feb. I JUST got the email back last week. And the package was terrible (for what I want/need). So I went with a coordinator on land. She responded back RIGHT away, reworked a package like 4 times to fit within my budget and I have now signed on with her. Now to just get RCI groups department to contact me so I can do a cocktail reception. I'm PRETTY sure I know nothing, but was there any major questions you had that possibly somebody on this chat my know the answer to?

• 3 weeks later...

I am sooo stoked to find this board!!!!

We just booked our wedding.

Carnival Sensation, September 20th!

We are getting married in Nassau on Sept 23rd, 2018!

Now we are working on finding save the date/invites.

I really want it to look like a boarding pass, without breaking the bank!

So Happy to talk to everyone and heard all about your weddings :)

Mary -

Denver, CO

Good Afternoon fellow 2018 Cruise Brides!

My Fiancé and I just got engaged last week on May 2nd and I already have the 30 rooms held on the Carnival Victory cruising to Cozumel Mexico May 7-11 2018! We have already had 12 people book before the save the dates have even gone out! We plan on having a symbolic ceremony in Cozumel Mexico at Nachi Cocom Beach Club and getting legally married before we depart. I have attached a picture of our Save the Dates for anyone to see. Ive also attached the link to our wedding website (its not completely done, but I'm only a week into the engagement so I think its pretty good so far lol). Save the dates are being sent out tomorrow. I also have already bought by bridesmaid dresses and shoes and will add pictures if anyone would like to see those just let me know!

Some more details about my wedding planning so far: My fiancé decided that it would be cool for us to do our bridesmaid and groomsmen proposals with a Mexico theme. Therefore we have bought a bunch of mini sombreros, mustaches, nd flower clips that we are sending to the potential wedding party along with mini bottles of Jose Cuervo and a lime. Along with the items an instruction letter will be attached. In that letter the wedding party will be instructed to take a picture of them wearing the items listed above and taking the shot and send that picture to us to accept being apart of the wedding party. We will then take the pictures and create a poster to be displayed at the wedding with description of who each person is and how they know the bride and groom.

For Nachi Cocon, we are having a symbolic ceremony. We will be having the Mexican buffet dinner option (because how do you get married in Mexico and NOT eat Mexican food). One of our family friends will be coming on the cruise to celebrate with us and she and her daughter will be doing our photography. we are also getting the additional extras of the Mariachi Band to play during cocktail hour and the fire dancers!

We decided to invite anyone and everyone to our wedding as to not hurt any feelings. We planned on only about 50 people coming but after having 12 people book before save the dates even went out, I'm guessing we will have much more! Which I am thrilled about!

I would like to put welcome bags together for all of our guests coming on the cruise, so any ideas are welcomed!

Here is the link to our wedding website: https://www.theknot.com/us/ittakes2toturner

Congrats to all of my fellow brides!!!! I know you all must be just as excited as I am!!!

Hey all. Just an update on my communication with Royal Weddings. Great communication so far. Having all my questions answered but it does take 2-3 days to receive a reply.

Going through the selection package and it seems pretty detailed. I went with the biggest package (roughly $6100 CAD).

I'll be starting a new thread with information including the selection package they have given me if anyone is interested.