Zurich Sightseeing

Family Searcher

In August, my sister and I will arrive at Zurich airport at 8:30 AM and will probably be at the Movenpick by about 10:00. We are looking for recommendations for gently exploring the city, as we will be taking the Mt. Pilatus tour the following day before being transported to Basel for our cruise.

We arrive there on April 8th and after dropping off our luggage at the Movenpic, I believe we are going to take the train (which is easy walking distance from the hotel) to downtown and then do a gently walking around the city center. It is an easy city to navigate on foot.

Cole

We took the train into the old town & just walked around. The train station is an easy walk from the hotel. Have the front desk staff write down the name of the stop so you can find the right train on the way back. Get off at the Opera house stop & then just wander. If the weather is nice, you could take a lake cruise.

The one sight that we found most impressive in Zurich was the Fraumunster, with its fabulous Chagall stained-glass windows. It's on the edge of the pedestrianized area, so close to where buses wait to pick up tours.

I second the recommendation to pop into the Fraumunster as well as the Grossmunster just across the river. Both have modern stained glass windows but are different. We also enjoyed a boat ride around the lake. You can get on and off if the mood strikes you. Nice Old Town for strolling.

• 2 weeks later...