Packing apps for iPhone?

I use Packing Pro. It may take a little while to get used to it but it works well. When you start packing you can designate which bag (checked, carry on, or personal) you put the item in. You can also take a picture and add the value of the item as well. Besides helping in organization you will also a document that show what you have packed in case your bag goes missing.

http://www.quinnscape.com/PackingPro.asp

Shak

I use Packing Pro. It may take a little while to get used to it but it works well. When you start packing you can designate which bag (checked, carry on, or personal) you put the item in. You can also take a picture and add the value of the item as well. Besides helping in organization you will also a document that show what you have packed in case your bag goes missing.

http://www.quinnscape.com/PackingPro.asp

Shak

Again, not sure why you would need an app for this. All valuables, medicines, and necessary documents would go in your carry on which if it is kept with you would not go missing. Pretty easy to designate. A smart phone could be used for any other pictures of clothes, etc., you felt needed to be taken for the other bags.

Not trying to be critical or anti technology - just don't get the need for an app to help pack.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I use Evernote for lists as well as journal entries and general notes. Your notes are searchable, they're automatically time and location stamped, and you can insert photos, sound and different kinds of lists. It's easy to create a checkbox list and then check off what's completed, plus you could attach photos of the contents of the luggage.

A nice feature: it knows you're on a cruise, and the default title for a note entry is "At sea, January 1, 2016".

There is a premium version that's more for business users, and even with the regular version you can use the notes on the app or on a Mac or PC.

Again, not sure why you would need an app for this. All valuables, medicines, and necessary documents would go in your carry on which if it is kept with you would not go missing. Pretty easy to designate. A smart phone could be used for any other pictures of clothes, etc., you felt needed to be taken for the other bags.

Not trying to be critical or anti technology - just don't get the need for an app to help pack.

That is not necessarily true, DW carry on went missing after it was gate checked. Fortunately she got it back the next day from the airline. The airline forgot to load it. Also if your luggage was lost by either the airline or cruise line you will have a document of its contents if you have to file a claim.

Anyways everyone is different. If you don't want or find the need for a packing app I am ok with that. But the original question from the OP was what what app others use.

Shak

That is not necessarily true, DW carry on went missing after it was gate checked. Fortunately she got it back the next day from the airline. The airline forgot to load it. Also if your luggage was lost by either the airline or cruise line you will have a document of its contents if you have to file a claim.

Anyways everyone is different. If you don't want or find the need for a packing app I am ok with that. But the original question from the OP was what what app others use.

Shak

Understood and agree. Just adding commentary as my reaction to the concept.

I will say it's been refreshing to read a thread about techie stuff and be able to understand it. Great no one saw the need to abbreviate every third word and those of us who are not as up to date with the ream of abbreviations didn't have to ask what is being said. :D :D

Thank you. It was noticed and appreciated.

I may be acting like a Luddite but what is wrong with a yellow pad and a ball point pen?

DON

Yes, Don.

That is my method. A yellow legal pad and a pen.

A list for what goes in the duffle.

A list for what I packed in the garment bag. :)

Easy and I didn't have to worry if the legal pad battery was running low.

Yes, Don.

That is my method. A yellow legal pad and a pen.

A list for what goes in the duffle.

A list for what I packed in the garment bag. :)

Easy and I didn't have to worry if the legal pad battery was running low.

I find that many aps are solutions looking for problems.

DON

I've been using Packing Pro for years.

With 2 young kids, there are so many things to pack for vacation (as well as things to prep and buy beforehand) so this app has been a great way to visually organize what needs to be packed, and where it needs to be packed. Sure, I could write my lists, but they could become so messy after a while when I'm adding and deleting things, or changing where things need to go.

The last couple years, we have driven down to Florida and did a few days at Disney, and then a week on the gulf coast. I needed to essentially pack for 3 separate events: the road trip down, the hotel for Disney, and then the week at the beach. Can you imagine what a written list would have looked like?

Packing Pro takes a bit of clicking around to get comfortable with it, but after a while you get used to it, and adding items or customizing becomes second nature. Now I can duplicate it year after year and just tweak it a bit based on my kids' changing needs. My lists will be a tad different this year since we're cruising instead of doing Florida.

Starting to pack for my cruise on the 4th and thought Is there an app for that? Turns out that yes, there are several. Do any of you use one? I usually make lists. Sometimes lists of lists. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've seen a few List apps, but they didn't impress me. I use Notes on my iPad extensively. One folder for Travel. One Note in that folder for stuff to take on the next cruise. It starts as a copy of the list from the previous cruise which I annotated along the way as to which things I used and didn't use. I have a parallel system just for my camera gear. I am not so compulsive that I actually just follow the lists, but they serve as memory jogs and food for thought.

By the way, newer versions of Notes have a Checklist format which may be useful.

Edited by GottaKnowWhen