Live from Diamond Princess and onto Europe

Pity, we loved our diamond cruise around Japan. Maybe destination has a bit to do the vibe too. Our CD was a lady, cant remember her name but she was ok, never saw her around the ship though only on the stage at the end of each evening performance. Best CD we have ever had on any cruise by far was Wille Lee on PO next would be Stu from Carnival. Not sure what it means that we like the "lower" class ships CDs best. Maybe they have less money to spend on staffing so do more hands on things. Willie is such a people person, I would happily go on any ship he is CD.

In the meantime Sarah, do you have a cruise critic meet up organised?. Hope so then you can make some buddies on board. Hope you get back to the ship in one piece ok. Been to Benoa on a port day and never want to go again, next time would stay on the ship.

No visa charge for indonesia. Ship doesnt seem to have a vibe too it. Cruise director non existent.

Good news about the visa, no so good about the Ship's vibe. Hope the cruise is going well, what about the Elite lounge? Much of a vibe there?

Edited by MicCanberra

Didn't think anyone had mentioned tips. Anyway if some one wants to discuss it in this thread im happy to answer about. Had enough of Americans on this cruise telling what they don't like being discussed at breakfast table lol.

Let's not get started on the Tips bit again please, please, please.:)

I think you are the first to raise the topic which is just, weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Didn't think anyone had mentioned tips. Anyway if some one wants to discuss it in this thread im happy to answer about. Had enough of Americans on this cruise telling what they don't like being discussed at breakfast table lol.

SOME Americans love to tell everyone what's right and what's wrong.

I think Joybook was referring to another thread.

I agree this is all very weird. My post was submitted way back on page 1 when, I'm not sure who now, raised tips.It was just a fear I had at the time that we would once again have the subject of tipping up to our ears. I know it has nothing to do with your cruise - hope you have a good one - we were on the Diamond Princess a couple of years ago and loved it.:)

Arrived in Singapore. Regent was parked next to us. At airport waiting for check in to open for flight to rome.

Cruise was good. Few little minuses. 1000 passengers got off today. The rest plus the newbies boarding today hopped on.

Nearly worked through gin cocktail list. Will have to start on the celebrity one now. Favourite drink london libation. Hated the bramble.

Arrived in Singapore. Regent was parked next to us. At airport waiting for check in to open for flight to rome.

Cruise was good. Few little minuses. 1000 passengers got off today. The rest plus the newbies boarding today hopped on.

Nearly worked through gin cocktail list. Will have to start on the celebrity one now. Favourite drink london libation. Hated the bramble.

I hated the Bramble too. I'm usually a 007 straight up with olives but I did try the Breakfast at Tiffany's on the Diamond in December and although the thought of Gin, Cointreau and orange marmalade may sound a bit out there it was actually pretty good...... but maybe not with your Weeties.

Enjoy sampling the Celebrity bar menu. When I was on the Solstice in 2014 they had some great fun cocktails in the Molecular Bar.

cheers

Stu

Loved the ginlet on Equinox Martini Bar in 2014 then ordered it again in 2015 and hated it. They changed the recipe! Then found it again under gin cocktail or similar.

Edited by Pushka

Arrived in rome. Staying near the pantheon. My flight got in early and just got hotel shuttle from Airport for 35 euro. Spent morning exploring churches around where my hotel is. Its nice just wandering through streets without having to go to crowded tourist sites. I probably hit some of the tourist sites tommorrow but will go early.

What a great way to see Rome. I have only been there among the hordes of tourists . I can imagine how wonderful it will be to wander the streets when they are quiet.:)

Glad you got to wander around Rome away from the tourists, Sarah.

I was lucky to just wander the streets of Rome, at my leisure, when I stayed with a friend in Rome. It is a magical place to explore, away from the crowds.

There are plenty of tourists around. I went inside the pantheon at 8.30 am only handful of people. Later in the day the square was full of people. Lots of police and army guys around the main sites.

I have a map but I just wander and look at things on the way detour in down streets to see what there is. Rome has some really interesting shops.

I probably head over to the vatacian to post a couple of postcards home. It looks like fairly walkable from where I am staying.