Easiest way to get from Port Everglades to Orlando, either Airport or Disney

myfuzzy

I can't thank everyone enough for the information give to me here. Some people post questions.....maybe just because they can, but I am reading each post with anticipated success upon finding my destination with ease.

You are most helpful in making my vacation the best it can be, and believe me I DO appreciate it. NOW...finding the car rental place and finding my way through Ft Lauderdale to the interstate.........:)

Hi

One other thing...I live in Winter Garden and from my door to Disney is about 15 miles. Not too many hotels in this area but if you're looking to do something that's not Disney related you might want to venture over to the historic downtown of Winter Garden. Lots of restaurants, museums, and just a nice place if you want to see what Florida looked like in the 1950's. Also, the West Orange Bike Trail goes right through the center of town. You can rest bikes and work off some of your Crown Grill meals! Enjoy.

Hi

One other thing...I live in Winter Garden and from my door to Disney is about 15 miles. Not too many hotels in this area but if you're looking to do something that's not Disney related you might want to venture over to the historic downtown of Winter Garden. Lots of restaurants, museums, and just a nice place if you want to see what Florida looked like in the 1950's. Also, the West Orange Bike Trail goes right through the center of town. You can rest bikes and work off some of your Crown Grill meals! Enjoy.

How did you know I just love the Crown Grill....looking forward to my filet.....

How did you know I just love the Crown Grill....looking forward to my filet.....

What's not to love. We dined there twice during our recent cruise and the only negative we had was on the second night they didn't have porterhouse streaks on the menu. According to the server they had run out. Small issue as the NY cut was beyond wonderful. Enjoy

We are planning on dis embarking at Port Everglades and traveling to Disney, was thinking of flying, but it seems not to have flights convenient to dis embarkation. I really don't want to drive, but looking into rentals from Ft Lauderdale airport to Orlando, with a 4 day rental seems high, but if we fly to Orlando, car rental is minimal. I sure could use some thoughts!

The fastest is by plane.

The fastest is by plane.

??? Including:

o getting to the airport

o checking in

o waiting in the TSA lines

o getting to the gate at least 20 minutes before flight time

o disembarking and claiming luggage at destination

o renting a car at destination

o driving to hotel

I'm pretty sure the hotel you are booked at is the one outside the West gate that Debbie35 mentioned. There are two and they are brand new. We are annual pass holders and always enter from the west gate off 429. We were down there for dinner on Tuesday and saw the hotels. I think they are in an excellent location if you want to stay off property.

??? Including:

o getting to the airport

o checking in

o waiting in the TSA lines

o getting to the gate at least 20 minutes before flight time

o disembarking and claiming luggage at destination

o renting a car at destination

o driving to hotel[/quote

Thats in addition to disembarking, finding luggage, getting through customs, finding transportation, then what you said.

I'm pretty sure the hotel you are booked at is the one outside the West gate that Debbie35 mentioned. There are two and they are brand new. We are annual pass holders and always enter from the west gate off 429. We were down there for dinner on Tuesday and saw the hotels. I think they are in an excellent location if you want to stay off property.

Thats good to hear...,I recently read they have a shuttle to the park as well...but going forward I will get more details

A note about these hotels....when we say off property we're talking about 5 minutes off property. If you plan on going to either EPCOT or Hollywood Studio take the shuttle to Boardwalk and walk through the hotel. Go left and you can walk to Hollywood Studios or go right and walk to EPCOT. There is also a free boat that will take you to both but it's usually faster to walk.

I had a car booked from Ft Lauderdale airport to Orlando airport from Sunday to Thursday...225$, that was ok with me. Talked to DIL yesterday, and found hotel with a 2 bedroom villa, we can split the cost. But, it was a little more expensive than we planned, so we decided to cut it by one day. So I go in to edit the car rental, and by reducing it ONE day, the price went up to 550 $. Are they crazy...back to the drawing board.