Voom Internet Cost

You will certainly get some more (&better) info, but I believe on ships with with Voom Internet they only offer full unlimited packages. That said, I have heard that if you want until day 3 you will be able to purchase at a prorated price for the remainder of the cruise. I think that ships without voom do have some packages with more flexibility.

I held off ever buying internet until our last cruise. We had a large group and it made communication much easier. Now we won't do without it. I loved being able to look at a real weather forcast, plan a running route on an island, price & investigate cruises before going to the next cruise desk, and yes... posted a few pictures to social media. I was really surprised how much it enhanced our vacation.

Yes, you can buy a 24 hours consecutive period anytime on the cruise. Cost is double that of one day in a package. On our recent Anthem cruises it was $30 for this period of internet time while the package cost was $15 per day but had to be taken, at a prorated rate, for the total days remaining in the cruise.

If you got the package for the last two days of your cruise the cost would be the same as one 24 hours consecutive period. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

Yes, you can buy a 24 hours consecutive period anytime on the cruise. Cost is double that of one day in a package. On our recent Anthem cruises it was $30 for this period of internet time while the package cost was $15 per day but had to be taken, at a prorated rate, for the total days remaining in the cruise.

If you got the package for the last two days of your cruise the cost would be the same as one 24 hours consecutive period. ;)

On the March 26 Oasis cruise, it was $30 per day without a package. They were running a promo of $10 per day for 1 device (excl. streaming) and $20 per day to include streaming. 50% off for a 2nd device.

On the March 26 Oasis cruise, it was $30 per day without a package. They were running a promo of $10 per day for 1 device (excl. streaming) and $20 per day to include streaming. 50% off for a 2nd device.

There was no with and without streaming option on the Voom internet we were offered on the two Anthem cruises, Jan.3rd and March 7th, we did this year. As far as I know the internet was all at the same speed at the $15 per day package rate, $22.50 for 2, $40 for 4 devices or $30 one device 24 hours consecutive period.

Speed was fast enough that DW was able to Facetime our grandkids in Wales, UK with her iPad and actually gave them a tour of decks 14 and 15 of Anthem while doing so. Other than that we didn't try any other live streaming so we would have bought the lower price internet for our emails and small amount of internet surfing, mostly here on CC by me, if available.

Edited by robtulipe

There was no with and without streaming option on the Voom internet we were offered on the two Anthem cruises, Jan.3rd and March 7th, we did this year. As far as I know the internet was all at the same speed at the $15 per day package rate, $22.50 for 2, $40 for 4 devices or $30 one device 24 hours consecutive period.

Speed was fast enough that DW was able to Facetime our grandkids in Wales, UK with her iPad and actually gave them a tour of decks 14 and 15 of Anthem while doing so. Other than that we didn't try any other live streaming so we would have bought the lower price internet for our emails and small amount of internet surfing, mostly here on CC by me, if available.

Yes, that was the case on the Oasis Feb. 6th cruise.

Yes, that was the case on the Oasis Feb. 6th cruise.

It appears that RCI is experimenting with difference promotion on different cruise dates and ships as there have been other package promotions reported here on CC.

Edited by robtulipe

• 3 weeks later...

For my sailing in May, Anthem is offering a Voom internet package at $9.99 on my cruise planner, with the streaming option at $12.99 per day.

This is a really great deal, but I'm not sure it's worth it. We have a D+ and D traveling, plus a whole day in Boston.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the D+ signs up for internet, they get 2 days free? Or does that one apply if you buy a package? And for D, that's one day 1? Same scenario?

That would cover our 3 sea days then the Boston day we wouldn't need it. And I wouldn't want it for the 2 Bermuda days since we'll be off the ship for the majority of those days.