New! OFFICIAL Meet & Mingles on Your Next 7-day or Longer Carnival Cruise!

LauraS

On 4/6/2016 at 3:49 PM, LauraS said:

Pssst!

Have you seen the new Carnival/Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle button on this forum? Look to your right. Yes...the right. See the button just above the NEW TOPIC button?   Click Join the Party, well..to join the party! (It will take you to the Party Registration Page!)

There will now be Official Meet & Mingle Parties on board your 7-day or longer Carnival cruise!

Enjoy!

Laura

No I can't find it

Can someone from the CC Admin team help me with a question? Our cruise, Carnival Vista, June 15, 2019 has reached 26- almost 2 weeks ago... how soon should we expect an email confirming that we've reached the requisite number and that a M&G is definitely going to be planned?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I just created one yesterday for our cruise on the Conquest August 31st. We went over 25 members within a hour as we have a FB group with almost 200 members and I posted it in there. 

I received an email from Cruise Critic around 11pm last night saying we met the 25-person minimum. It said a invitation would be left in our stateroom notifying us of the time of the meet & greet. I checked with all those that signed up and they received the same email. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Mom_to_2_NC said:

Im on the app, seems extremely hard to navigate the site, so forgive if wrong area... how do i get signed up for meet & greet on conquest oct 12 2019 ?? Also how / where do I find the daily Funtimes for this cruise?? 

To sign on with meet & mingle you go to the top of the cruisecritic page tap link meet & mingle when there put in info of the cruise you are going to be on and sign in. And the fun times will be in the slot outside your door or on your counter in your room

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HeideB said:

To sign on with meet & mingle you go to the top of the cruisecritic page tap link meet & mingle when there put in info of the cruise you are going to be on and sign in. And the fun times will be in the slot outside your door or on your counter in your room

thanks, apparently this Option is NOT on my phone. Sucks. 

And I know Ill get the funtimes when ON the cruise, just wanted to glance at a previous one for these ports to get some info,. thanks for trying to help me though 😞

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2016 at 12:53 PM, leog said:

How bout meet at 230=330 on embarkation day in the lobby just inside the security area where the walkway into the ship with welcome cruise critic members signs lol

I love this idea....

And to be honest, CC has no choice on the time and date... each Carnival ship does there own event scheduling...

And even when you have the group contact party, they want to put it toward the end, so they have already drained you of all your money.

• Thanks 1

Just saying...  they ask for our cabin numbers, they should send us invitations, not just put it in the fun times!!!

I'm not going to look at the fun times for something I'm not looking for... but if they send me an invite, like with the VIFP demand/platinum party, then I will know the date and time (without the need for me to look it up) and i will show up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2019 at 10:21 AM, Jimdearnshelly said:

I really can't figure out where to join the meet and mingle 

The info in that post is 2016... its changed.. Way up the top, the tabs... one is called FORUMS beneath that are a few more tabs, the 2nd one over is Meet & Mingle.   I could only get to that on a computer, not on my mobile phone.  Hope that helps! 

20 hours ago, EddiesToys said:

Does anyone know if the Carnival staff provides name tags?

Or do we need to bring our own?

Eddie M

Pueblo_XO(at)yahoo(dot)com

Yes the cruise critic representative at the meet provides name tags that you write your name on them 😎

2 hours ago, HeideB said:

Does anyone know if the Carnival staff provides name tags?

Or do we need to bring our own?

Yes the cruise critic representative at the meet provides name tags that you write your name on them 😎

I think the "cruise critic representative" mentioned, is a volunteer fellow passenger who purchased and brought the name tags at his or her own expense.

Some of us who have done name tags for CC groups, have also prepared name tags with CC name, home town, and actual name pre-printed.  I used to prepare stick on name tags until one fellow passenger claimed that I ruined her sweater.  So now, I buy Avery 3x4" name badge holders and inserts, and print out the badges.  To date, my largest Meet and Greet has been around 230 fellow CC cruisers...a lot of name tags, and a lot of work.  But always, much appreciated.

Princess ships often prepare name tags.  It's a lot of work for the ship's staff.  We're fortunate and thankful that the ship's staff hosts our Meet and Greets, or sometimes called Meet and Mingles.

6 hours ago, EddiesToys said:

I think the "cruise critic representative" mentioned, is a volunteer fellow passenger who purchased and brought the name tags at his or her own expense.

Some of us who have done name tags for CC groups, have also prepared name tags with CC name, home town, and actual name pre-printed.  I used to prepare stick on name tags until one fellow passenger claimed that I ruined her sweater.  So now, I buy Avery 3x4" name badge holders and inserts, and print out the badges.  To date, my largest Meet and Greet has been around 230 fellow CC cruisers...a lot of name tags, and a lot of work.  But always, much appreciated.

Princess ships often prepare name tags.  It's a lot of work for the ship's staff.  We're fortunate and thankful that the ship's staff hosts our Meet and Greets, or sometimes called Meet and Mingles.

I suspect you're right!

Wow!! She, a grown A$$ adult actually blamed you for ruining her sweater by a simple name tag? She was a snob with issues! I was not even there and I appreciate your gesture. My last cruise on the Carnival Breeze we had a very nice CC meet&greet. There were plenty of pastries, juice, there were several people there and we all had a great time talking about out past and future cruises. Because of Cruise Critic I was able to meet some really great people. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

I suspect you're right!

I printed up a sheet of the cruise critic Meet&Mingle name tags and they say ( You know me as and you put your cruise critic name and then at the bottom it says Now meet the real me! and you write in your name. If any body wants me to print them up some of these please let me know. I would be glad to do this and I will bring safety pins to pin them on