New! OFFICIAL Meet & Mingles on Your Next 7-day or Longer Carnival Cruise!

LauraS

Laura,

Just wanted the share news of our successful M&M!! We had 135 people officially signed up for July 16 Valor Cruise M&M. I sent the CD a message the day before we left to tell her about our large & excited group. Also let her know I had name tags. A group member checked in at the guest services to inquire about the meeting & was told they didn't have a contact person so Amy took that on.

Our M&M was scheduled for 4 pm on our 2nd sea day in the aft lounge. It was listed in the Fun Times on the tear away schedule & the CD announced it @3 pm when she made her afternoon announcement. The Carnival hostess who arranged the set up met us in the lounge along with the asst CD. Both helped us get everything ready, including getting a drawing set up because the brought prizes! We had 5 bottles of champagne & 5 ships on sticks! We had almost 60 people show up! The head of the hotel department welcomed us & did a Q&A session. CD Classy Cassie talked to the group & helped with the drawings. There is as a long table with hot & cold drinks, cookies, pastries, & lots of other treats!

Amy had arranged a grab bag exchange - willing participants brought a bag of goodies ($10-15) that represented where you were from (state or region). Bags were set on table & those who brought bags drew numbers to see order of selecting. It was so much fun!

Key takeaways- a couple people from the roll call or M&M list need to be points of contact. Laura - would that be you sharing name & cabin # with Carnival or someone going to guest services on the first day? The name tags: the format posted isn't workable with name tag labels. I took screenshots of the one tag & created a master with 10 tags on a page. I printed out the guest list from CC M&M sign up page just before leaving home. On my long flight I filled in the CC usernames for everyone signed up (only making 1 per user name unless I knew there was a spouse from our roll call information). So kids & extra adults did not have a tag. If I already knew their real first name I also had that written in. Saved a lot of time with people "checking in" I had a marker for those to write their name if I didn't know it.

Other than that we had a fantastic turnout & we were grateful for Carnival's support. Especially since the 5 pm Diamond party was next door & most officers were there. ��

Thank you Laura for all your work to make this happen. ��

Glad to hear of a successful CC/CCL M&M! :D:D

One of your comments stands out though?

2nd Sea Day for the Event.....that is usually the last day of the cruise??

Edited by jwjax

Yes, it's possible - many of my cruises have had one sea day at the beginning, three port days in a row, then two sea days at the end. No one really counts embarkation day as a sea day, since you don't really have a full day at sea.

OK, what happened to our Meet & Mingle? Just got off the Carnival Legend yesterday, and although we had over 25 people signed up, never saw a Meet & Greet listed in the Fun Times all week. I thought perhaps I missed it, but I searched carefully every day. Others on our roll call also watching for it say nothing ever appeared.

If they served alcohol you'd have better attendance. On our last cruise, we went but it was really boring. Hardly anyone showed up. Very disappointing. Lot's didn't realize the Hub app doesn't list it. Only the paper fun times

Valor doesn't have HUB. We found out @guest services that they needed a contact person on the ship so the few of us planning meetings through our roll call took charge. The bar was open (not free) & we had a server taking orders.

I don't hunk the key is someone in your roll call stepping up to help coordinate with Carnival.

If they served alcohol you'd have better attendance. On our last cruise, we went but it was really boring. Hardly anyone showed up. Very disappointing. Lot's didn't realize the Hub app doesn't list it. Only the paper fun times

Valor doesn't have HUB. We found out @guest services that they needed a contact person on the ship so the few of us planning meetings through our roll call took charge. The bar was open (not free) & we had a server taking orders.

I think the key is someone in your roll call stepping up to help coordinate with Carnival.

As someone else pointed out, it will be different for every cruise. We are on an 8 day cruise on the Valor. Day 1 sail away & we had a roll call informal meeting before the muster drill. Day 2 sea day/formal night & the day one of our roll call members contacted guest services. Day 3 sea day & Fun Times (came out evening of Day 2) listed our M&M for 4 pm. Our group had s slot pull organized for that same day @2 & they were finished by 4 & able to show for the M&M. It was great!

So yes for most cruises the 2nd sea day wouldn't work, especially if you have multi stops. Most important someone from the group needs to contact view services ASAP, maybe with confirmation email in hand, & make them aware that you have people expecting a gathering.

As someone else pointed out, it will be different for every cruise. We are on an 8 day cruise on the Valor. Day 1 sail away & we had a roll call informal meeting before the muster drill. Day 2 sea day/formal night & the day one of our roll call members contacted guest services. Day 3 sea day & Fun Times (came out evening of Day 2) listed our M&M for 4 pm. Our group had s slot pull organized for that same day @2 & they were finished by 4 & able to show for the M&M. It was great!

So yes for most cruises the 2nd sea day wouldn't work, especially if you have multi stops. Most important someone from the group needs to contact view services ASAP, maybe with confirmation email in hand, & make them aware that you have people expecting a gathering.

Great ideas indeed!

It sounds like you all combined the typical CC RC M&G's with the CC/CCL M&M and made it work!:)

How did the Slot Pull turn out? My last one, a year or so ago, we all won about $90 each. There were about 12 of us!!:D I find it hard to organize them lately. Any comments on how to get more interest in the informal meetings and Slot Pulls, Cabin/Pub Crawls etc...:)

OK, what happened to our Meet & Mingle? Just got off the Carnival Legend yesterday, and although we had over 25 people signed up, never saw a Meet & Greet listed in the Fun Times all week. I thought perhaps I missed it, but I searched carefully every day. Others on our roll call also watching for it say nothing ever appeared.

I was coming to post the same thing. Disappointing that it went that way...

Great idea: Mismanaged. How to remove (unjoin)? Last months post about problems removed, reputation control, maybe? I do show up if signed up but not knowing time, place, sea or port day I can not and will not. The notice the night before maybe... lol. This is a big complex problem others have solved a long time ago. So the unjoin button, Please. Thank You.

We're currently on day 5 on the Vista out of Athens and there has been nothing in relation to a meet and mingle mentioned in the fun day news. No times or anything. Unless I've missed it :(

We're currently on day 5 on the Vista out of Athens and there has been nothing in relation to a meet and mingle mentioned in the fun day news. No times or anything. Unless I've missed it :(

You did NOT miss: per cruise critic, meet & mingles are for cruises 7 days or more.

We are all beating a dead horse. Carnival wants the publicity of partnering with CC but doesn't really care what happens once money is in thier hand and you are on the ship.

• Like 1

So we're now more than half way through the 10 days and not a thing. Guess we'll need to eat our Scottish treats we brought aboard on our own :D

Kinda defeats the purpose of a meet and mingle when your cruise is on its way to being over isn't it

So we're now more than half way through the 10 days and not a thing. Guess we'll need to eat our Scottish treats we brought aboard on our own :D

Kinda defeats the purpose of a meet and mingle when your cruise is on its way to being over isn't it

Join the Choir!!:eek:

It's been several months since the CC/CCL M&M agreement was signed??:confused:

Nothing has changed, inconsistent times...late in the cruise, awkward times...port days,during reboarding...and notices that are almost non existent, except for those with keen eyes, and even then not always in the FunTimes!!

IMHO everyone should just proceed with the informal CC roll call meetings organized by the RC members.

Even if CC/CCL finally gets their act together, it will never be as fun as the ones organized by the RC members! The RC M&G's, Cabin Crawls, Pub Crawls, and Slot Pulls etc!:cool:

There will never be anything more than a few cookies, juices and maybe, goldfish, and nuts (pidgeon peas..from Red Frog Pub!) as refreshments at these CC/CL M&M's! :D

Although, it would be nice if the CC/CCl M&M's could be organized appropriately by CCL MGT, CC and be as fun as our own gatherings! :confused:

Once again IMHO!!

• 2 weeks later...

Off of an 8 night cruise on Valor today. Well over the 25 people and no party even though I received the email from Cruise Critic saying to watch for it in the Fun Times. I spoke with others who were watching for it in the Fun Times and there was nothing. How disappointing. I spoke with Kimberly the Asst. Manager of Guest Services on the last full day on the ship and she said she "only organizes the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle Party IF the group coordinator from the group contacts her once on-board and sets it up"? This is clearly NOT what it said in the email from Cruise Critic. They are also not given the names so there is no way invitations could be done anyway as the person from Cruise Critic said there would be when I responded to her email about the Meet and Mingle asking how we would be notified.

Hi

Has anyone communicated with Laura S.(cruise critic moderator) any further? She is the person that had been in contact with Carnival in trying to make this happen.

In post #62 on this thread she left a an email address that you could advise her of continuing issues. It is possible that she is not following this thread, and not hearing any negative response might think that these meet and greets coming off just fine.

Looks to me nothing has changed from the start. Depends on the ships if it put on at all. When it is done, there seems to be a misunderstanding of the purpose. The scheduling makes it more of a farewell party...which would be great if you had all met earlier in the cruise. When not at the end of the cruise they seem to think it might work during dinner hours or when people are off the ship at port. :)

I'm still hoping this is improved before we go on our next cruise, otherwise I agree that on your roll call you should try to organize your own as in the past and if the one that Carnival arranges works as well...so much the better. It does look like for now you can't count on it happening.

everyone have a great day

Hi

Has anyone communicated with Laura S.(cruise critic moderator) any further? She is the person that had been in contact with Carnival in trying to make this happen.

I sent a message and got a response, although it seemed "canned"!

We are looking into the issues of the M&M, and Carnival is also aware...

or something similar that equates to this statement by the mods. That was about 4-6 weeks ago.

In post #62 on this thread she left a an email address that you could advise her of continuing issues. It is possible that she is not following this thread, and not hearing any negative response might think that these meet and greets coming off just fine.

Looks to me nothing has changed from the start. Depends on the ships if it put on at all. When it is done, there seems to be a misunderstanding of the purpose. The scheduling makes it more of a farewell party...which would be great if you had all met earlier in the cruise. When not at the end of the cruise they seem to think it might work during dinner hours or when people are off the ship at port. :)

Unless someone is not reporting accurate reviews of the CC/CCL M&M's, they are still mostly (90% or so) a "FLOP"!:confused:

I'm still hoping this is improved before we go on our next cruise, otherwise I agree that on your roll call you should try to organize your own as in the past and if the one that Carnival arranges works as well...so much the better. It does look like for now you can't count on it happening.

everyone have a great day

We all agree, CC should take a more pro active role, or abandon the whole concept! :confused:

CC Roll Calls are much better organized......especially by those who have put time and effort into them consistently. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I assume they mean CC is wanting the publicity of partnering with Carnival. ...

Oh...OK, I agree!

I see the point now, ....! Even though both parties have pledged to make this program work, neither is fully committed! And each want's the exposure, in the various media outlets, but for some reason....can't seem to have a PUBLIC or at LEAST a CC/CCL forum,, FB-CCL, JH-FB discussion about it!!

Does that sum it up!!:)... so, my point from previous posts, make your own plans in your respective Roll Calls. They are much more successful!!:):):)

• Like 1