Taxis in Barbados

cruiseaholic926

bus is 75 cents. i will start another post for this. THE TAXI drivers are sooo shady. this one guy who drove us to a park said. I will be back at 3 if that is ok to pick you up. we said, great.. yes.... at 3 we waited. couple other taxis asked us if we needed a ride. well, at 3 our driver pulls up.. BUT IN DIFFERENT CLOTHING. it was him... we said we are ready to go. and he was like. Im not your driver... another guy was come with me, thats not your guy. 3 of us rode with this guy 20 to know WHO he was... shady people. take the bus....

Looked all over my map of Barbados - couldnt find a Dickenson Bay Beach. I too think you mean Antigua.

Hint: You might want to pick up Frommers Caribbean Port of Call. It is a book that has tons and tons of info on every port in Caribbean. Be sure and get 5th edition (latest printing). Best investment I have made towards this trip and wish I had bought it before my last cruise !

Is it true that it is $10.00pp for a taxi to Dickenson Bay Beach, which I believe is only about a 10 min ride from the pier? Anybody been lately that can confirm this as this is a $40.00 can ride for 4 people for a 10 min ride. Can't believe it! Any info would be great. Thanks!

------------------------

Yes, Dickinson Bay Beach is on Antigua, not Barbados.

Dickinson Bay Beach, Antigua

dickinson-antigua.jpg

Frommer's or Fordor's is an asset if you're visiting many islands. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Barbados........any idea how much a taxi will cost from Grantley Adams to the cruise terminal?? Have booked my flights separately from my cruise, so no transfers are included.

Also have the airport renovations been finished?? The place was still a building site when I was there 14 months ago.

Thanks for any info in advance! :) :) :)

Barbados........any idea how much a taxi will cost from Grantley Adams to the cruise terminal?? Have booked my flights separately from my cruise, so no transfers are included.

Also have the airport renovations been finished?? The place was still a building site when I was there 14 months ago.

Thanks for any info in advance! :) :) :)

Well, the roof is fixed but they're still working on the museum and parking. You'll find it to be better, but lack of seating and water and long lines are still there. Much more difficult for departures than arrivals, so you shouldn't be inconvienced too much.

The last time I checked taxi rates from GA to Deep Water Harbour, they were US$15 for up to four in the cab.

I understand they will be going up soon, so US$20 wouldn't surprise me.

Confirm the price in US$ with your driver before you get in the cab.

My best wishes for a wonderful cruise! :)

Archived