Henry's Hard Sodas

Moobaby214

Sad to hear, but not overly surprised. It is a relatively new type of alcoholic sodas, like: orange cream, root beer, and ginger ale. It's kind of a wine cooler for the hipsters. My husband won't drink real alcohol or wine, but thought he might enjoy one of those.;)

Sad to hear, but not overly surprised. It is a relatively new type of alcoholic sodas, like: orange cream, root beer, and ginger ale. It's kind of a wine cooler for the hipsters. My husband won't drink real alcohol or wine, but thought he might enjoy one of those.;)

Once you look into what they are closer, they are simply malt beverages with fancier branding and the word soda on them. They are no different than Zima and everything else that came before them, except now some brilliant person put the word Soda on the label and everyone is going nuts.

Once you look into what they are closer, they are simply malt beverages with fancier branding and the word soda on them. They are no different than Zima and everything else that came before them, except now some brilliant person put the word Soda on the label and everyone is going nuts.

Agreed. I was just hoping for my husbands sake since he would not really be able to otherwise take advantage (enjoy) of the UBP. Personally for me, they are far to sweet.

Agreed. I was just hoping for my husbands sake since he would not really be able to otherwise take advantage (enjoy) of the UBP. Personally for me, they are far to sweet.

Order a rum and coke and ask him to try it before telling him what it is. If he likes sweet "alcopop" drinks, he may really enjoy that.

Agreed. I was in college when Zima made its brief appearance, my fraternity even had a "Zima party". Everyone claimed they loved it but as we all know, that craze was short lived, and now the name Zima is equivalent with a joke.

These "new" beverages... Coney Island Root Beer and all those "hard" root beers are an extension of Mike's Hard Lemonade and all of those other "hard" sodas. It's just malt liquor with lots of sugar and flavoured syrup. Not sure why they are all the rage right now. I think the Coney Island root beer in particular tastes like a weak root beer with a really bad aftertaste.

To OP I bet you could get your husband any of the good NCL drinks (Rebellious Fish, Painkiller, etc). Tell him there is alcohol in it but ask him to try. Some of them you wouldn't even be able to tell they are alcoholic.

He can also order any of the drinks as a virgin drink. So if he wants a mudslide without the booze cause it tastes better to him, that is another option to try and make more use of the UBP. He can try it and if he doesn't like it then don't drink it. No loss as you didn't pay for the drink beside the gratuity that was paid in advance.