mrs and mrs

mrs and mrs

we were on the Royal last month and during the CC Meet and Greet a number of officers came in and mingled with the crowd. During that time one of the officers made mention that a CC poster had misquoted him about the Royals upcoming dry dock and the conversion of the center staircases for passenger use. So yes, I do believe that some of the staff/officers read these threads, why not? It's a great way to get a pulse on how things are going. But I certainly wouldn't expect them to read anything. If there is a problem or concern your best bet is direct communication with the line.

The answer is YES they do....at least on the Regal Princess they are a BIG fan of Cruise Critic. Take a look at the Video Princess did of the CC group posted on YOUTUBE..

The title is..

"Regal Princess October 2015 Halloween Cruise"

It's a great advertisement of Cruise Critic and what is done on these Roll Calls. :)

It was produced entirely by Princess and premiered in the Princess Live Studio and included in the ships Reflection Video.

Edited by blkspy

On a recent cruise on the Grand, the Captain referred to postings he had read on Cruise Critic during his speech at the final cocktail party and the Cruise Director responded a post I had made on the roll call thread.

By the way, please put an informative subject on your (new) threads. Threads without a subject inherit your name, which makes it impossible to know what the thread is actually about.

Yes I thought this thread was going to be about how Princess sometimes closely replicate a game show from the television and play it with passengers as an entertainment spot in a show lounge. Apparently this is not about the Mr and Mrs TV game show.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

They certainly do. I had the CD on the Coral call our stateroom to see if there was anything we needed. I did not put 2+2 together until I met him in person at the Captain's Party. He let me know that he was enjoying the live from blog I was posting.

I honestly think that Princess has employees who monitor and/or manage social media sites (this being one of many). I would not be surprised if the crew is "pinged" when there is a live from or a legitimate complaint from a CC member who is on a ship.

Many roll calls have a roster which includes their CC name, first names & cabin numbers.

That, and the meet and greets are generally in a reserved space on the ship and the officers are extended an invitation to attend, thus they know everyone there is from CC.

By the way, please put an informative subject on your (new) threads. Threads without a subject inherit your name, which makes it impossible to know what the thread is actually about.

So that's how that happens.....I always wondered why people title threads with their names....now I know.:rolleyes:

How does an officer on a ship even know who anyone on CC is since we all use an alias?

Also, some people (I am one), people use a part of their name in their handle. When I write a live from, I offer a lot of identifying information. So if my live from is from the Emerald, I may say that I am in a mini on the Dolphin Deck. I have even mentioned my cabin number. Plus, my name is Tracie-lynn and I sign my name as such. I would be willing to guess that I may be the only Tracie-Lynn with that wonky spelling on board!

How does an officer on a ship even know who anyone on CC is since we all use an alias?

In my case, there were fewer than dozen people who could have possibly wrote about this topic on that date, and really only one of eight could have been the author. He spoke with one of that eight about the post, and that one identified me as the poster. Thank goodness my friends are good at assigning blame. ;0)

Yes, we write under aliases, but many of us carry some of the traits of our writing into real life. I recall an afternoon tea last year, while talking with a tablemate, when he said "This is going to make absolutely no sense if I'm wrong, but are you VibeGuy?" Apparently, I speak like I write. Identifiably so, to people who read my blatherings. There's nothing I'd say on CC that I wouldn't say IRL with my name attached to it - it's just the custom to use aliases here.

By the way i am so,so,so sorry was my first thread and didnt get it right,it wouldnt post the way i meant it to.have a wonderful day:)

By the way i am so,so,so sorry was my first thread and didnt get it right,it wouldnt post the way i meant it to.have a wonderful day:)

No matter. You seemed to have received some good answers, at least as far as it relates to Princess.

No matter. You seemed to have received some good answers, at least as far as it relates to Princess.

i just didnt know how to post it properly,every time i put the title in the title box,it said not enough script.I thought it would be an interesting topic considering the ongoing threads of complaints and grievances about the downturn of services and cutbacks.They have such a captive market and with people just jumping ship to ship,brand to brand,do they care Maybe it seems that they offer lower prices and cut-back on services Thus they are creating a new breed of cruiser that is used to the new type of service All the old hands will move on and its probably a case of accept it or not.

If someone takes it upon themselves to re-post this properly,it would be appreciated.I think its a worthy topic.

i just didnt know how to post it properly,every time i put the title in the title box,it said not enough script.....................

If someone takes it upon themselves to re-post this properly,it would be appreciated.I think its a worthy topic.

You might try to re-post it (a new post as you can't edit the thread title as per the moderators). From a couple of comments on other threads that I read a while ago CC may have had some issues earlier today. If you try it again and get errors in the title box, simply hit the back button on your browser or close the browser. The new post will go disappear....... as long as you don't hit the submit button.

Edited by ar1950

If you'd like to be in a Princess made video of Cruise Critic Cruisers. Sail on the October 27, 2016 Regal Princess. Princess plans to repeat the Documentation of Cruise Critic members onboard...with an emphasis on the Diversity of its members and where they are from. Maybe, the same will be done on upcoming sailings of others.

Edited by blkspy

I was once told by an officer that any comments,good or bad,on CC are sent weekly to the ships mentioned for their review.

So glad to know that! I just finished a ridiculously long review from our PC cruise on the Island, so glad to know that they will get extra "pats on the back"!!