Luggage express in Miami?

crazycruzer68

Loved it! Paid $20 plus my baggage fees for the airline right to my sign and sail account. Got my boarding pass delivered to my stateroom. Didn't have to deal with my luggage until I got to my home airport. Well worth the price.

So when you get to the airport you go straight to security?

So when you get to the airport you go straight to security?

Yes, straight to security.

Be sure to look for the sign-up form in the Fun Times. It sometimes gets looked over because of all the other loose flyers for the spa and shops. You need one form per person, and they generally only put one in the Fun Times, so if you need more than one you'll need to go to guest services for additional form(s). There is a deadline to have the forms turned in.

We've used it several times out of Miami on different ships and plan to use it in Port Canaveral for our next cruise. The only problem we've ever had was a few years back when they had a checklist of all guests signed up, some of whom weren't in the designated waiting area. They made us all wait until these people showed up, and we were led off the ship as a group. The last couple of times, there was no checklist. They just made an announcement that Luggage Express people could depart (your luggage has to clear customs first).

We love it for several reasons--Boarding passes printed for you. No looking for your luggage on debarkation--just head straight to the customs line. Less luggage in the taxi (just our carry-ons). Skipping the checked bags line at the airport and heading straight to security.

Lots of people don't even know the service exists, but we think it's the best $20 PP we spend.

We used Luggage Express POM to FLL for the first time in February. We fly Southwest so no luggage fee since we did not exceed the 2 bag pp limit. It was $60 total for the three of us, and totally worth the money. We had a 3PM flight, so we were glad not to have to drag our luggage around with us till time to head to airport. We normally do priority self assist disembarkation, but with Luggage Express, you have to wait till your luggage has cleared customs before you are cleared to disembark. We went to dining room and had breakfast. By the time we were finished, we had a very short time to wait. IMO, it was money well spent and we will be doing Luggage Express whenever possible.

You use to be able to do LE and still leave the ship with VIP self assist, but CBP changed that and the last time I used it in Miami we were given luggage tag #8.

We tried to go ahead and leave the ship early but the machine buzzed us and wouldn't let us go.

I was kind of bummed because I usually do priority self assist so I can be among the first off the ship, so I'm not standing in line behind 1000 people.

Not sure I'll use it in the future.

We have used it twice in Miami flying out of FLL on Southwest so no charge other than the $20 fee. Worked great both times and will do it again when it is available. If you have not seen the forms in your cabin by midweek go to guest services and ask about it.

I'm glad this thread was posted. I will be cruising out of Miami later this year and my flight isn't until after 7:00 PM. I planned to use luggage express so I can hang out in Miami and not have to worry about my stuff. It's nice to see that it seems to work well.

Edited by It's a Ship!!!

Have you used it before and what is your opinion of it?

Question about this. We fly Delta and have the Delta Sky Miles AmEx card. One of the "perks" of this card is that your first checked bag per passenger is free.

Luggage Express has a blurb about charging you baggage fees depending on airline. So, if we wanted to use Luggage Express, how could we ensure that our checked bags (only 2) would be free? Do you have to give a CC number?

Question about this. We fly Delta and have the Delta Sky Miles AmEx card. One of the "perks" of this card is that your first checked bag per passenger is free.

Luggage Express has a blurb about charging you baggage fees depending on airline. So, if we wanted to use Luggage Express, how could we ensure that our checked bags (only 2) would be free? Do you have to give a CC number?

Just talked to Carnival. Bottom line is that luggage express would not work for us, as we'd still need to stop by the check in counter and show our card to wave the baggage fees. However, I think this will add more confusion and certainly negates the whole "express" part of this deal. Looks we will be self-assist.

You use to be able to do LE and still leave the ship with VIP self assist, but CBP changed that and the last time I used it in Miami we were given luggage tag #8.

We tried to go ahead and leave the ship early but the machine buzzed us and wouldn't let us go.

I was kind of bummed because I usually do priority self assist so I can be among the first off the ship, so I'm not standing in line behind 1000 people.

Not sure I'll use it in the future.

i was going to use it this time but i have an early flight so i'm glad i read your post. not going to chance it.

Carnival doesn't charge the baggage fees, they're just mentioning them so you know that their program doesn't override the airline's fees. Carnival does not take your CC info for LE, it's put on your ship account before disembarking.

Carnival doesn't charge the baggage fees, they're just mentioning them so you know that their program doesn't override the airline's fees. Carnival does not take your CC info for LE, it's put on your ship account before disembarking.

I'm going to talk to Delta tonight. Maybe this will work after all.