Royal gifts Allure of the Seas

My step son and his new wife are going on the Allure for their honeymoon on May 1st. I've already contacted Royal Caribbean and paid to have their room decorated with "just married" decorations. My dh and I would like to do a little more but I'm not sure what to do? Drink package or pay for an up charge restaurant or should we just pay to allow them to have on board credit, any suggestions?

My step son and his new wife are going on the Allure for their honeymoon on May 1st. I've already contacted Royal Caribbean and paid to have their room decorated with "just married" decorations. My dh and I would like to do a little more but I'm not sure what to do? Drink package or pay for an up charge restaurant or should we just pay to allow them to have on board credit, any suggestions?

Congrats

All are great ideas. Now you just have to decide what would be best for them.

Perhaps the OBC might work well...that way once onboard they can take advantage of any specials offered and there will be ;)

Just be careful if you purchase gift certificates. Even when applied at the right time and marked for OBC, they don't always show up. This just happened to daughter-n-law and has happened to us also. Don't even know why RC has a site to fill out for gift certificates if it doesn't always work. We know how to apply the certificates for OBC but apparently the web site gets lost along the way.:confused:

Just be careful if you purchase gift certificates. Even when applied at the right time and marked for OBC, they don't always show up. This just happened to daughter-n-law and has happened to us also. Don't even know why RC has a site to fill out for gift certificates if it doesn't always work. We know how to apply the certificates for OBC but apparently the web site gets lost along the way.:confused:

I would always take a print out confirmation of anything pre-purchased.;)

retiredgram, have you purchased OBC the easy way, by calling Gifts & Gear at (800) 722-5443. The item number for OBC is 651. And as mentioned above by Ashland, be sure to get a confirmation of purchase emailed to you, and take a copy onboard...in case. ;)

Pjt212301, regarding ideas for the honeymooners, we have always ordered a bottle of sparkling wine and chocolate-covered strawberries. It's nice to have them waiting in our stateroom upon our arrival. And (depending on your budget), maybe have the couple choose a specialty restaurant and/or the Royal Replenish or other drink package, or maybe a shore excursion they would enjoy...and provide OBC for it.

retiredgram, have you purchased OBC the easy way, by calling Gifts & Gear at (800) 722-5443. The item number for OBC is 651. And as mentioned above by Ashland, be sure to get a confirmation of purchase emailed to you, and take a copy onboard...in case. ;)

Have done this both ways. We always take confirmation copy (we have copies of everything with us) and I also gave copies to Daughter-n-law. All kind of excuses as to why OBC did not show up. In the end, yes we got OBC (as a credit back to credit card), just not while on the cruise.:( Just irritating and it shouldn't be.