Bringing wine on a cruise

We are sailing in June on the Grandeur. We have never brought wine on to a cruise before. I was looking at getting two bottles of wine and getting a wine skin protector for them and putting them into our luggage. Would this be a good idea? I have seen notes where people put them into their carryon. Is this not a problem with liquids in carry on? Also, one of the ports is in Portland Maine. We would like to stop at the Maine Mead Company and get a couple bottles to bring on the ship. Would this be possible? Thanks,

We are sailing in June on the Grandeur. We have never brought wine on to a cruise before. I was looking at getting two bottles of wine and getting a wine skin protector for them and putting them into our luggage. Would this be a good idea? I have seen notes where people put them into their carryon. Is this not a problem with liquids in carry on? Also, one of the ports is in Portland Maine. We would like to stop at the Maine Mead Company and get a couple bottles to bring on the ship. Would this be possible? Thanks,

Liquids in your carry-on is not a problem at the cruise port, but would be a problem with TSA, if you're flying. If bringing the bottles with you on an airplane, they would have to be in checked baggage, at least for that portion of the trip. No problem with buying a couple bottles of mead, as long as you don't intend to drink it on the ship. They will hold it and return it to you at the end of the cruise.

Edited by Paul65

With regard to your stop at Portland, you are only permitted to being wine on for consumption on the ship during initial embarkation. Wine brought on at intermediate ports will be taken from you and returned at the end of the cruise.

There is no problem bringing wine onboard in your carry-on, that is the method we use.

they vastly prefer it to be hand carried on at embarkation. you can check it, but be prepared to have to go retrieve your luggage form the naughty room if you do.

bringing mead on board at a port stop is allowed but they may take it from you to hold until the last night.