Concierge or Balcony cabin?

ranchette

I vote no. Book the veranda. if prices drop in the future and you can upgrade to a higher cabin for little money, then go for it. i watched prices go from extra $400 to upgrade down to $40 extra. i took it when it was $40 more.

I would only book concierge if the price made it worthwhile - sometimes, the included perks (referring to OBC, Beverages, PPG and Internet) result in the CC being a better value than a regular balcony. If not, the Concierge "perks" are not worth paying extra for, in my opinion. The cabins (on S-class) are the same, the binoculars are fairly useless (bring your own!), the canapes are kinda nice but not worth much in $$ terms.

At time of booking, we managed to get Concierge (C3) for the price of a 1C cabin on the Reflection. In fact, it was about £50 less per person. So we went for it. The TA persuaded us as its not normally the same in price, and its not worth paying much more for it!

We have sacrificed mid ship for 10 cabins further aft. I doubt we will notice much of a difference to our usual midship preference!

We didn't plan to book CC, but i'm sure the small perks will be nice

At time of booking, we managed to get Concierge (C3) for the price of a 1C cabin on the Reflection....

While looking at prices for the 5/22 Infinity cruise, I noticed that Concierge category C3 and regular veranda category 2C are also currently both priced the same.

Also Aqua category A1 is currently showing as $1799, while regular veranda category 2A is $1829.

It is not that unusual to find regular veranda cabins occasionally priced higher than Concierge, or even higher than Aqua.

As for ranchette's original question of whether it is worth $500 to upgrade to concierge from a balcony, my answer would also be No.

If the Concierge cabin was physically bigger, I couldn't tell a difference. I wouldn't book Concierge unless it was the most affordable way to get a preferred cabin location or they came with an OBC that made up the difference. The standard "perks" were negligible, IMHO.

Our first 2 Celebrity cruises were concierge class. We immediately realized we do not enjoy the afternoon snacks. My husband cannot drink champagne, and on the first cruise our steward switched it for a bottle of red. On the second cruise we were told he cannot do that, so it sat there all week. We noticed ZERO difference in "preferential tables" in restaurants, etc... all were lovely and we felt sufficiently pampered.

At the time we booked CC it was purely for the location of the cabin and they had a very good special on also.

So except for having a pretty gold sail card instead of blue, and getting a few extra points to move us toward the next level in the Captains Club, my Hubs and I noticed NO difference in the quality of our cruise. All were wonderful. We just booked for Feb 2017 and have gone with a simple verandah and are very much looking forward to it.