Sailing with the Gang, Disney Magic, Feb 7. 2016

jenseib

26724971976_f4a62b08f5_z.jpgsports89 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I had to go to the bathroom so I headed back towards my room which wasn’t too far away. It was still before 11 so technically I should still be able to use my room. I was annoyed this morning not to find a Do Not Disturb card anywhere in the room or with the folder.

26656872032_82cc524c4f_z.jpgsports90 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Mousekeeping was just a few doors down so I hoped my room was good to go. NOPE! She had been there already. I decided not to go in and dirty it but it irritated the heck out of me. I will ask for a do not disturb in the future if one isn’t there. Mousekeeping is famous for always knocking on our door at 8 AM on our check out dates. Skip will answer in his underwear to scare them off. LOL. My feeling is, if check out is at 11 do not even think about knocking till 11:01. One time at Pop one Mousekeeper tried to tell us she needed to clean the room then to be on schedule and we still had an hour before check out. I told her we were not even close to being packed so too bad.

So, since the room was cleaned I headed back up to the main building to use the bathroom.

I know it doesn’t look like my walk was long, but it actually was. I just didn’t take the normal 5 zillion pictures I normally do. I still had time before I had to go to the airport and I got to thinking that I should probably eat lunch beforehand. Last time I took ME, the security lines were long and then I had to rush to get a bag of food to take on the plane. I knew I would need a full meal before I landed so I might as well eat now to save my fellow passengers from my Hangriness.

26724970516_f5d362a60a_z.jpgsports91 by Jenseib, on Flickr

So glad I did. This burger was sooooo good!

25997338824_0bab14717e_z.jpgburger by Jenseib, on Flickr

26477413230_b33d8fb65b_z.jpgsports92 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It did take a while to check out though. There was a guy in front of me who had a bunch of quick serve credits he had not used yet and he was leaving today so they were converting them over to snack credits. He had a pretty big family with him (I assume kids and grandkids) and he had a tray full of snacks and they sent him to get a few more to use up his credits. I believe it was 1 Quick serve that converted into 3 snacks.

While sitting there I checked the weather….yeah it had been windy and in the 60’s for the last week…Today was much better.

26749577056_934418d2e4_z.jpgtemp by Jenseib, on Flickr

After I ate, I walked around just a bit more.

26683316511_bf4c254764_z.jpgsports93 by Jenseib, on Flickr

26656868292_3c71487955_z.jpgsports94 by Jenseib, on Flickr

26144350994_d54619d890_z.jpgsports95 by Jenseib, on Flickr

26144349894_4245e8759c_z.jpgsports96 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I decided to get my carryons now. The guy who had helped me before was standing there and when I handed in my ticket to the lady he said…I know which bags are hers. LOL. I am sure the beautiful blue of my bags was something he remembered too.

I headed around the front and found a bench and just sat and rested. I was still early but I had finally given in to the fact I would have to go home today.

26144348954_7ba5da4317_z.jpgsports97 by Jenseib, on Flickr

26683312381_98032b9124_z.jpgsports98 by Jenseib, on Flickr

26724965186_f6b7552886_z.jpgsports99 by Jenseib, on Flickr

26656862922_b12946b3dc_z.jpgsports100 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The bus arrived and there were not too many people boarding. I snagged the front seat. I love the front seat so I can see and take pictures.

26749580186_d353e18f96_z.jpgstarsfromme by Jenseib, on Flickr

26724963976_0c3065ca38_z.jpgsports101 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then we left and went to another resort to pick up others. I am blanking on where..CBR or CSR….I can’t tell by this picture.

26680927472_941c68222f_z.jpgontheway by Jenseib, on Flickr

26749578246_6bae171f03_z.jpgpickup by Jenseib, on Flickr

Only a few more there and we were on our way.

26170956153_7887a28f26_z.jpgontomco by Jenseib, on Flickr

I was dropped off and did some final stretching outside before having to head in. Bye Magical Express.

26669374572_e878d2d638_z.jpgmebus by Jenseib, on Flickr

Finally I had to go in and go through security. I think the lines moved ok but I honestly don’t remember. I just know Orlando is a pain. I have since gotten Global Entry which includes TSA precheck (though it’s not guaranteed for every time). It’s good for 5 years and for me, if I fly once a year, it will be worth it to me. Claire is included to go through TSA precheck till she is 12 or 13 I believe. After that I will probably get it for her too.

26490036920_70d40a16e7_z.jpgmco1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

26737605456_e99d47e423_z.jpgmco2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

26737605206_f790e129a6_z.jpgmco3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

26159313963_0d71d08abf_z.jpgmco4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

My memory is fading, but I think I didn’t have to wait too long till it was time to board.

I went for a window seat.

26159313483_8aefa440b4_z.jpgmco5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Bags being loaded…I was trying to see if I could see mine.

26737604206_be42bf506f_z.jpgmcoluggage by Jenseib, on Flickr

And take off! Bye Orlando.

26749578836_fa2d3af9cf_z.jpgtakeoff by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think I may have napped…and knowing me it was the ugly nap, with drool running down and my mouth wide open.

As we were getting closer I looked outside and it was so bright and sunny with white puffy clouds and a little rainbow reflecting off the wing.

26170953883_76b2485bbb_z.jpgsunnyglare by Jenseib, on Flickr

26749579306_a08e1bac1b_z.jpgsunnyglare2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

About 5 minutes later we dove under the clouds and this is what Ohio looks like. Take me back up!

26680927952_540036148c_z.jpgohio by Jenseib, on Flickr

Once off the plane I hit the bathrooms and texted my sister to let her know I landed. I flew in and out of Columbus because it’s often cheaper and direct and my sister and Aunt both live there so I have someone to take me to and from the airport and I can spend the night for free if I come in the night before.

The bags weren’t out right away and I texted Amanda that if she came around right now I could stick my carry ons in her car and then get my bags when they came out and it would be less hassle for me. Unfortunately she could not get there fast enough and the bags came out so I stumbled with 3 bags and made it out to wait for her.

We threw them in her car once we arrived and headed back to her house. We did stop to get some fast food for me too so that I could fill my belly up again before my drive home.

While gone, she had started my car to warm it up a few times and I think the wiper blade fell off so she had that replaced while I was gone. Once we got to her place I hit my automatic starter to warm up the car. She was staring at me in amazement. She said she didn’t know I had that feature and had been going out and starting it and sitting in it each time. Ooops…sorry.

She invited me to stay the night again, and if it was just me, I would have, but I knew at home I had a little girl missing her mama and I needed to get home. Skip was probably missing me too, but he would never admit it.

I took off then after a bit for the 2 plus hour ride home. I think I stopped for another diet coke at some point and used a restroom at McDonalds.

The ride was uneventful as far as I remember and I made it home in good time.

At home Claire was waiting for me and I was so tired, but had to give the hugs and love she needed. I did open my suitcases up and found a few of the things I bought for her and told her I would find the rest later. That kept her a bit happy.

I think Skip was already in bed…he is such a wild guy. Haha. Hi, I’m home….hi, I’m sleeping.

I must say I did give instructions that no dishes were to be piled in the sink or dirty clothes laying on the bathroom floors and I was pleasantly surprised that for the most part things were picked up….probably an hour before I got home, but at least they were picked up.

The next day started the unpacking, laundry and the Disney Blues, but I was so busy with work and home life that I didn’t have a lot of time to think about that.

And that ends my cruise and last days at Disney World portion of my trip report…..thanks so much for hanging in and following along.

As always great report Jen. I always love all the details and your great pictures.

I was unaware that they moved the Dole Whip stand. Where exactly is it now?

it traded spots with the citrus swirl place. right over by the magic carpets. not far at all.