Dawn Princess Review (10-1 thru 10-11) Long

CL-JW

Hi Kent,

I was pretty impressed myself that I caught that stack. :) My husband is a refrigeration mechanic and has been with Matson Terminals for over 30 years. SSA merge terminals with Matson several years ago but he still says his heart is with Matson. I worked for them from 1978 to 1985 in the accounting department. Hubby and I met in 1982 rowing for Matson in a whaleboat named IMUA. Long history with Matson, father in law was a VP of Engineering and designed the Maui and Kauai. Mother in law worked for him. I love hearing about the old times cruising on the Matson ships. Thanks for responding.

Toni

Wow! A Matson family for sure. Very cool. Are you going to be on the Dawn on the 31st? Would love to chat with you about Matson. I have some great stories. One of my faves is years after my first cruise I boarded a Matson ship and one of the staff called me by name and said it was good to have me onboard again. That's what I mean by service. Amazing.

Kent

Hi Kent,

I was pretty impressed myself that I caught that stack. :) My husband is a refrigeration mechanic and has been with Matson Terminals for over 30 years. SSA merge terminals with Matson several years ago but he still says his heart is with Matson. I worked for them from 1978 to 1985 in the accounting department. Hubby and I met in 1982 rowing for Matson in a whaleboat named IMUA. Long history with Matson, father in law was a VP of Engineering and designed the Maui and Kauai. Mother in law worked for him. I love hearing about the old times cruising on the Matson ships. Thanks for responding.

Toni

Wow! A Matson family for sure. Very cool. Are you going to be on the Dawn on the 31st? Would love to chat with you about Matson. I have some great stories. One of my faves is years after my first cruise I boarded a Matson ship and one of the staff called me by name and said it was good to have me onboard again. That's what I mean by service. Amazing.

Kent

Hi Kent,

We won't be on the 31st sailing because we were on the 11th sailing and just got back Friday. We had a blast!!! I would have loved to meet you and chat more about Matson! Maybe someday soon we will hook up on another cruise. Happy sailing!!!

Toni

Archived