What are your favorite Cruise Vlogs ?

NightOne

It is coming up on 3 years since I made the original post and about 1 year since I last updated it. Cruise vlogging is bigger than ever and there are a lot more options out there than in the past. However, with so much content available I have found that I have gravitated to the vloggers who are building cruiseing communities. These are the vloggers that are live streaming on the regular, heavily engaging with their subscribers, and generally are just a fun group of people to be around.

So here is my new HOT LIST (in random order). These are the vlogs I always watch 1st, the communities/groups I participate in on FB, and the live streams I always try to catch.

Parodeejay

The "comedians" of the cruise vlog community are all about having fun and sharing their journeys. I got to meet them in person recenlty when our ships were ported in Nassau on the same day and they are just as nice in person.

https://www.youtube.com/user/parodeejay/

La Lido Loca

Tony & Jenny are relatively new to cruising but have built a huge following already. Lot of informative videos on top of the vlogging. (Cruise Wars Battles is the best)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqFivW2VWJtGfvrMreyjNbw

The Cruise Geeks

Matt Allen is one half of the The Cruise Geeks Audio Podcast along with Tony from La Lido Loca. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and watch the complimentary vlogging here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAb0dQJwxfLY59zmVORlOLQ

Adventures Ahead

Pure craziness at its best. You like cruising, gambling, and drinking? If so, you will be right at home. Although it is still a ton of fun if you just like cruising.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeWlmTjTyHhLS8SlcxonYjA

It's Our Fenwick Life

Rob and Favor's cruising, travel, and everyday life vlog. I've been fortunate enough to hang out with them in real life and they are wonderful people on top of being cruise vloggers.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4Jnnhh98_NpsPIn_u1w0BA

Dancer Quest

Brian and Deb are also a great couple I have had the honor of meeting in real life and they are great people. They recently moved from Minnesota to Pensacola and cover that topic in their vlogs as well.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUCxvj0TAcSdWb-iNeu1CHw

Griff & Alyssa

Probably the most technical and visually stunning cruise vlog footage you are going to see from non-professionals. Griff actually flew his drone over a jeep he was riding in on a shore excursion. Go see it!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6We4CmdugvBM3pcW8sVQYg

Sharon at Sea

Along with her husband Jamie and son Matthew this community is really picking up steam. They have a joint group cruise planned with La Lido Loca in October 2020.
https://www.youtube.com/user/shargal39

Dave & Brandy's Excursions

When they are not cruising, vlogging, or snowmobiling they can be found across the cruise community as well.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkC3yel_TcbgA84tL70JLxQ

Enjoy and if you catch me on one of their live streams please say hello.

Hello Again Night One,

Thanks for the updated list.

I cannot help but notice that the Sea Cruisers are not included in your current choice.  May I ask why?  Obviously the quality has gone down hill drastically and watching an adult and a child is a very different dynamic to watching two engaging adults, but was it the boozing or the boring vlogs of entire comedy shows that finally did it for you?  Good to see that you have Favor on your list, she has some real skills for a beginner vlogger.  I like their channel and they also seem like good down to earth people, which is important to me with the people I follow.

There are a couple of new ones there for me to check out, so thank you for updating the list and this thread.

On 12/28/2018 at 2:23 PM, Plashfacker said:

Hello Again Night One,

Thanks for the updated list.

I cannot help but notice that the Sea Cruisers are not included in your current choice.  May I ask why?  Obviously the quality has gone down hill drastically and watching an adult and a child is a very different dynamic to watching two engaging adults, but was it the boozing or the boring vlogs of entire comedy shows that finally did it for you?  Good to see that you have Favor on your list, she has some real skills for a beginner vlogger.  I like their channel and they also seem like good down to earth people, which is important to me with the people I follow.

There are a couple of new ones there for me to check out, so thank you for updating the list and this thread.

What I'm watching a lot of now has a lot to do with engagement and community. Just like we have our little community here on Cruise Critic the same goes for the cruise vloggers. As far as Sea Cruisers goes they don't really engage with the their community anymore and the content has gotten stale to some degree too. I watch some other vloggers that didn't make the most recent list that are really good but have less engagement with their audiences or are not as active.

As far as Sea Cruisers drama goes there is already enough of that to go around so I won't stir that pot too much. However, I will say that I have some of my own issues in that regard too which also contributes to me losing interest in them. 

I watch cruise vlogs here and there but none I follow on a regular basis. But I do follow two travel vlogs and very much enjoy both and IMO both are exceptionally well done. The first is Kara & Nate who are a young couple from the Nashville area on a quest to visit 100 countries. The places they have visited and the things they have done such as their trek to Everest base camp are amazing. The other is Traveling Robert who is from Miami and travels with his wife as well as alone mostly around  the US in his small travel trailer he calls Minitini. Check both out as I think most who like to travel land and sea would enjoy them.

We LOVE Traveling Robert, he is a super guy, makes great vlogs and just makes me happy to watch.  We started the Driving To the East marathon last night, I have been watching him for a very long time.  His content gets better and better and he just strikes me as a great person, which is important to me.  I have seen Kara and Nate and have to be honest, they are not our favourites.  I am aiming to hit 50 countries before I am 50 and so am pretty well travelled myself with only a few left, and I sometimes find they don’t read the local vibe well and it makes me cringe.  

I have been to some crazy places too and interpreting local customs and trying to workout what is going on is really important so when people don’t always adjust their behaviour it makes me uncomfortable. This is true of all of us when we travel sometimes though.  Wolters World is a channel aimed at the American market which does a really good job of explaining cultural differences, and Mark the presenter is superb.  Kyde and Eric have some good ones, they are Americans living in Japan and travelling the world when they can, I enjoyed their English ones most being a Brit, but you might like them.  They are an acquired taste. I have no idea why they spent two weeks on the Isle of Man though!

Also, we have just discovered this great chap and his girlfriend, he was doing a London series, and whilst not prolific yet has great promise, he is called Lincoln Riddle and is just another all over good person. Maybe you would enjoy some of those.

Edited by Plashfacker

On 6/27/2017 at 8:26 AM, Plashfacker said:

My partner and I used to really enjoy the Sea Cruisers vlogs, they were informative and well edited, and actually often had music and nice panoramic shots in the middle. Nowadays they are dire. I too am very annoyed by the constant begging, especially drunken begging, and the bloomin Etsy ears - I think they should try and keep their Disney and Cruise channels more separate. The Disney cruise vlogs were useless for any adult trying to get an idea of the ship, I am not interested in queuing up to hug actors with big heads on, but some parents might want to see the adult areas on offer.

I am also concerned by the amount of food that they waste, and the example they set to their children, who are apparently home schooled although they don't seem to be equipped for life skills.. Unfortunately, we have decided to stop watching them as I cannot fund a lifestyle I so thoroughly disagree with. They just shout over each other and anyone who is giving a talk or something. If they came into a room I was in, I would leave. I really like Daddy Cooks - his family have been on some cruises and they are just a lovely family to watch and spend time with. I got to the point where I thought, I wouldn't invite the Donoho's round, so I don't need then in my front room. But it takes all sorts to make the world go round.

As someone who has cruised with Amy Donoho twice, I would recommend NEVER allowing her to owe you any money or retain any of your financial information.  Checkout my blog on the topic.  adamlogix8.wixsite.com/seatruthers

1 hour ago, adamlogix said:

As someone who has cruised with Amy Donoho twice, I would recommend NEVER allowing her to owe you any money or retain any of your financial information.  Checkout my blog on the topic.  adamlogix8.wixsite.com/seatruthers

Sadly I have to agree. I've defended Sea Cruisers more than most in the past and cruised with them on 2 group cruises as well and just cannot recommend anyone get involved with her financially regardless of whether you like the vlogs are not.

• Like 1

We have started vlogging with our last cruises. B2B on the NCL Bliss and RCCL Allure of the Seas. I have committed to a new video every Tuesday but I may try to get out more than that. With a full time job and other travel, finding the time to edit isn't easy. Here to our first NCL Bliss vlog. Look for the next video to drop Tuesday at 7:00pm ET.

It was also nice to meet you on the Bliss Carl. 🙂

Edited by dioxide45

On 1/13/2019 at 10:40 AM, dioxide45 said:

It was also nice to meet you on the Bliss Carl. 🙂

Yes, you too. I didn't know your screen name on Cruise Critic until now.

Besides meeting you a few times I seen you filming everywhere on the ship. I think you shot every square inch of it. 🙂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NightOne said:

Yes, you too. I didn't know your screen name on Cruise Critic until now.

Besides meeting you a few times I seen you filming everywhere on the ship. I think you shot every square inch of it. 🙂

Not quite every inch. After getting home I realized we never went to Haven after it opened to everyone in the evenings. Also never again saw Spice H20 after embarkation day. I am sure there is a couple other places I missed here or there too.

5 hours ago, dioxide45 said:

Not quite every inch. After getting home I realized we never went to Haven after it opened to everyone in the evenings. Also never again saw Spice H20 after embarkation day. I am sure there is a couple other places I missed here or there too.

I didn't think Haven ever opens to non-Haven guests ... ever.  (unlike Carnival Havana)

I could be wrong about that but that is the way I understand it.

31 minutes ago, NightOne said:

I didn't think Haven ever opens to non-Haven guests ... ever.  (unlike Carnival Havana)

This would be news to me as well! Hey Taziar Travels! I love your channel 🎉

21 hours ago, NightOne said:

Yeah, they generally don't open the Haven to non-Haven guests, except for a media familiarization tour or something like that. Haven guests are allowed to invite non-Haven guests, but I don't think they're allowed to use the amenities. I'm staying in the Haven on my cruise next month, and I'll be curious to see if they'll let us invite people up as part of the cabin crawl. Haven't participated in one before.

On 1/16/2019 at 11:52 AM, ARCJCM Travel Videos said:

Yeah, they generally don't open the Haven to non-Haven guests, except for a media familiarization tour or something like that. Haven guests are allowed to invite non-Haven guests, but I don't think they're allowed to use the amenities. I'm staying in the Haven on my cruise next month, and I'll be curious to see if they'll let us invite people up as part of the cabin crawl. Haven't participated in one before.

We went up to the Haven on the Epic (during our cabin crawl) nobody batted an eye. But they just can't use the amenities. You can ,however, invite some friends to your room for a snack. I put a bid on a 2-bedroom Villa on our cruise in March. Hopefully, we'll get one. There are 11 left. 

On 1/21/2019 at 12:06 AM, Dapple Destinations TV said:

Hello, everyone.

I am new here.  We have just started a new travel channel on YouTube, and I would love to get some feedback on it.  We have sort of a Travel Reality Show, and I am going to try to post a link to part 2 of the adventure where we board the Norwegian Breakaway to begin touring the Baltic Sea.  Would love some feedback.

So your favorite cruise vlog is your own? Makes sense I guess. 🙂

On 1/15/2019 at 2:49 PM, NightOne said:

Guess I didn't miss anything then! Perhaps I was confusing it with Havana. Haven Havana, not easy to keep them straight.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2019 at 3:22 PM, So_Tweetie said:

This would be news to me as well! Hey Taziar Travels! I love your channel 🎉

Thanks! Been watching your videos too. We just came back from Cancun, so once we are through the cruise vlogs, I will get started on those. I still have some footage from a five night trip to Orlando that I still haven't touched.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! After a lot of planning I have just started my YouTube Cruise vlog/General cruising channel and Instagram. 

We have a few videos up and Our most recent is our introduction/ First ever Vlog to welcome you to our channel.

If you could go check them out, Give a thumbs up and subscribe, I would really appreciate it!

Also don't forget to follow me on Instagram for more photos, Videos and Cruise tips 😁🚢🍹

Pea@Sea YouTube Channel

You can follow me on Instagram here

Follow Pea@Sea Instagram

51 minutes ago, Seavoyage said:

I've seen so many video's about this. I used to watch the Sea Cruisers video's and even gave her a shout out on my Instagram but now I know she's ripping people off of their hard earned money for the sake of getting herself a free cruise I no longer watch or support her or anyone affiliated with Sea Cruisers. It's just wrong. I hope something gets done soon. 

Thanks for your warning post!

I absolutely LOVE Griff and Alyssa as well as Josh Hocum. Both channels have a really in-depth take on their cruises while not being too "documentary" I believe. Griff and Alyssa have AMAZIN footage and Josh Hocum is just a fun one to watch as well. I am always looking for more vlogs to watch and find myself watching youtube for HOURS wishing I was on a cruise as well.

I also have to throw myself out there since I am one of my favorite channels as well😇 I do not really see myself as a "traditional" cruise vlogger and my current series is my first time every trying to vlog a cruise. I have 4 currently booked and hoping for a lot more! As the words of RuPaul "If you dont love yourself how the heck can you expect anyone else to love ya?"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...