Water Taxi from venice port to marco polo airport

Minimama

I am wondering how difficult it will be to get a water taxi from the ncl port in Venice to the airport (Marco Polo). Should I make a reservation in advance? Will there be plenty available on the day we disembark? Where do you pick it up? I have tried to find one online but it keeps saying my parameters are not available. Can someone who has done this advise me on the best way to accomplish this. Thanks!!!!

Edited by Minimama

water taxi info can be found here:

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/water-taxis.htm

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/transportation-from-the-cruise-port.htm

http://www.venicelink.com/en/products/watertaxi (from the drop-down menu, select Venice Centre & stazione marittima in the field beneath. Then select airport (M Polo) & you will see that the price for 2 persons is 99 euros - at least it was for the dummy booking I created for June 15).

You can also take a land taxi directly to Marco Polo - would be more affordable & you would not need to walk with your luggage from the water taxi pier near the airport to the terminal (about 10 minute walk).

Edited by dogs4fun

if you want a private water taxi you can book directly with the Water Taxi Cooperative. Their web site will give you a price and you can make a reservation. Expect to pay at least 100E.

https://www.motoscafivenezia.it/eng/

Maybe you can find another couple or two on your roll call who would be willing to share the cost with you. It's 100E whether there are 2 pax or 4.. A small surcharge for 6+.

Or reserve a land taxi for about 50E to the airport.

Be sure to arrive at Marco Polo 2 1/2 hrs prior to your flight ... it's a zoo!

Edited by mapleleaves

Thank you for the helpful information!! We were hoping for a water taxi because that is our entire Venice experience. As soon as we arrive in port we need to get to the airport. So, in order to feel like we had a visit we hoped the water taxi would fulfill our Venice portion of the vacation. :) Hopefully we can get a glimpse of the Grand Canal

Thank you for the helpful information!! We were hoping for a water taxi because that is our entire Venice experience. As soon as we arrive in port we need to get to the airport. So, in order to feel like we had a visit we hoped the water taxi would fulfill our Venice portion of the vacation. :) Hopefully we can get a glimpse of the Grand Canal

you wont experience the Grand Canal on your trip to the airport unless you ask them to divert that way which will be a lot longer

check veniceconnected or venice for visitors which includes info on how to reserve in advance

What time is your flight?

If you have enough time, pay extra to have the driver take you from the pier to St Marks then travel up the Grand Canal and on to the airport. It might add another 30 minutes to your trip tho.

Or a cheap option ... take the Alilaguna Blue Line from the pier to airport. It takes 1 hr 40 min and only 15E pp. ie the 8am boat gets to the airport at 9:40 then you need another 10 minutes to walk to the terminal. http://www.alilaguna.com/en/linea-blu/blu-timetable

The blue line doesn't travel up the Canal but almost all the way around the island making many stops so you would see a great deal of Venice. Map:

http://www.alilaguna.com/en/linea-blu/map

Edited by mapleleaves

there is now a people mover from port to square where you can get an airport bus

think the mover is 1 euro and the bus is around 4 euro each...

way cheaper than taxi and fraction of water taxi

you are going the wrong way from port to airport to see much of Venice...but you see Venice from the ship arriving in port and it was amazing when we did this

I have not taken a water taxi from the cruise port to the airport so I'll defer to those of you who have. It would seem that the most direct route to the airport from the cruise port would include a small section of the Grand Canal, from Piazzale Roma to the Canale di Cannaregio. (When I took a private boat in from the airport we came into the city along the Canale di Cannaregio.)

In that case, you need to pay extra to skirt St Marks and transit the Grand Canal under Rialto on the way. Sure you can't spare another day? Such a shame to end a cruise in Venice and see nothing of it.