most mini-suites sold out

periatza34

The may 29th sailing of Getaway now says guaranteed mini-suite is sold out when doing a mock booking. I booked a gy mini-suite awhile back but have yet to be assigned a cabin. In picking all the other categories for mini-suite, I have only found 16 cabins left. 8 in one family mini-suite, 7 in another type of family mini-suite and 1 aft mini-suite. How does this work? are there cabins still available because of the guarantee even if these all sell out? Is there a chance I will be pushed into a spa mini-suite? I'm very curious and anxious to find out.

From your numbers I would guess you will get a family mini since they are not selling as fast. Since no spa minis are available I doubt you will get that that.

GTY is great for cruise company's because they can move you around as they need (before sail date) Its good for the consumer because you get a lower price and a shot at a free upgrade.

There are actually 13 spa mini suites left. I didn't include them cause I wasn't sure if that was part of the guarantee. In the minutes of actually making this post, the last aft mini suite has sold also.

It's hard to tell anything about what's available or not. NCL has a department that works full time at finding the best way to fill rooms and make the most money. You could end up anywhere regardless of what is showing available for booking. The whole process is about revenue. Best to hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.

It's hard to tell anything about what's available or not. NCL has a department that works full time at finding the best way to fill rooms and make the most money. You could end up anywhere regardless of what is showing available for booking. The whole process is about revenue. Best to hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.

I am prepared. I originally booked an oceanview and when prices dropped I was able to get upgraded to the gaurantee mini-suite for no extra charge. So anything that I get will probably be better than what I would have had. Just anxious to know.

The may 29th sailing of Getaway now says guaranteed mini-suite is sold out when doing a mock booking. I booked a gy mini-suite awhile back but have yet to be assigned a cabin. In picking all the other categories for mini-suite, I have only found 16 cabins left. 8 in one family mini-suite, 7 in another type of family mini-suite and 1 aft mini-suite. How does this work? are there cabins still available because of the guarantee even if these all sell out? Is there a chance I will be pushed into a spa mini-suite? I'm very curious and anxious to find out.

Have you checked your travel docs to see if you have a room assignment yet? If you do, then your room has already been taken out of available inventory. We did Gty Balcony on one and we had our room assignment months ahead.

Have you checked your travel docs to see if you have a room assignment yet? If you do, then your room has already been taken out of available inventory. We did Gty Balcony on one and we had our room assignment months ahead.

When I try to download my eDocs I get "unexpected error. Please contact NCL - 10000." I had thought that under vacation summary you should be able to see your assigned room once it's assigned. Not sure why I can't download the eDocs.

I am sailing the getaway the week before and also booked a GTY mini suite...I got my cabin assignment about a week and a half ago...I did not get into a spa mini...

I booked category MX and received category MB deck 10 mid ship. There are mini-suites on decks 8 though 15 according to NCL.....so the chances of getting an upgrade to a different cabin category like the spa cabin is probably slim....but not impossible...

on my sailing they had sold out of gty mini suites...then made the cabin category above MX a gty option during booking son after that...I do not think there is a true way to know when they will assign the cabin...

however, you have a much better chance of getting a great cabin location with a gty minis vs. a gty balcony...IMHO....good luck and hope you get your cabin assignment soon!

We are on the 5/29 GA in a gty mini too. Cabin was assigned last week after 2/24 booking, so things take a while... Edocs are available 30 days out for gty cabins, per NCL. However, ours were available last week when the cabin was assigned. Call NCL and inquire about things including edocs. I think this moved things along for us....

Edited by Luxurycruise2

What you are seeing means nothing. You will be assigned a mini suite or higher. You could even be pushed to a full suite, you just can't tell by looking at numbers. No need to worry at all. Keep you fingers crossed, but don't expect to hear anything too quickly as they are going to try to upsell people to the mini suites before they assign your cabin. You might not find out your cabin until you arrive at the pier for boarding.

No matter what room they put you in you can always purchase a thermal pass and have spa access. Of course getting it included would be great but if not you can still get it.

Now sure how many you have in your room but most spa cabins are for 3 or less.