The Princess Ship That Carnival Cruise Lines Built

need2cruisesoon

I think PCL really blew it when they got rid of the promenade deck and aft pools. We will cruise Carnival if the itinerary is awesome and we like NCL well enough. But I love the aft pools on the CP,SP, etc.

Sorry. Nothing in these photos appeals to me. The decor looks like it was designed by IKEA. Nothing wrong with IKEA but there's also nothing elegant or special about it.

Sorry Pam but there not marketing that ship to people of our age. I'm sure the younger generation would like it

I would like to be standing with my camera overlooking that pool deck when a sudden burst of high wind hits. Those umbrellas flying away would make for a interesting photo. :D

Bob

Umbrellas are on several of Carnival ships. Never seen one lost. The Fantasy class has them on the aft Serenity deck.

All this pix are digital renderings. Go to John Heald's fb page for true pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Only ever done the dawn,sun,and sea

Dawn was our first Princess cruise...sailed out of San Francisco (where we got married in 1986) on 21 September 2001. It was a 14-day via Panama canal to San Juan. We still think fondly of that cruise. How is the old girl Dawn these days?

Steve & Pete

Love the dawn princess, have been on sun and sea as they have been located here in Australia . Still all nice they just upgraded the sun I believe too

John

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sorry Pam but there not marketing that ship to people of our age. I'm sure the younger generation would like it

The decor can be tailored to suit Princess, its the design mess of the Royal and Regal that needs to be put right. Just because the decor on the royal and regal is more modern and nicer than older Princess ships the top decks are a mess. and dont even mention the red steel shed they call princess live, id rather be dead than spend a few hours in there

The decor can be tailored to suit Princess, its the design mess of the Royal and Regal that needs to be put right. Just because the decor on the royal and regal is more modern and nicer than older Princess ships the top decks are a mess. and dont even mention the red steel shed they call princess live, id rather be dead than spend a few hours in there

Although many on these boards do not like the Royal class ships...apparently the "design mess" is working quite well for Princess as they have ordered two more Royal Class ships for I believe 2018 and 2020. We have sailed both Carnival and Princess (including both the Royal and the Regal). We prefer Princess, however when Carnival introduces a new ship and does an European itinerary, we usually take advantage of it. They are usually priced well, and we love the new ships.

I'd like Princess to emulate the Lanai concept on their new ships, or even more impressive the new MSC Seaside concept where the promenade deck is really wide, wide enough that there is a big aft pool and cafes and restaurants with seating outdoors near the water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Although many on these boards do not like the Royal class ships...apparently the "design mess" is working quite well for Princess as they have ordered two more Royal Class ships for I believe 2018 and 2020. We have sailed both Carnival and Princess (including both the Royal and the Regal). We prefer Princess, however when Carnival introduces a new ship and does an European itinerary, we usually take advantage of it. They are usually priced well, and we love the new ships.

its working so well you can sail on her $350 a week at the moment around the Med.

Designed by the same people who purchase a ton of books, and most are blank inside. I like Diamond size, bigger means 4000 people all catching SWA from Hollywood!

Edited by WupperAV

its working so well you can sail on her $350 a week at the moment around the Med.

Methinks it has as much to do with (brochure)launch fares starting at a ridiculous $1299:rolleyes: for the same 7-day sailing(s).