Ruins excursion

csj0810

Don't think we want to spend the entire day traveling to Tulum. I've read quite a bit about long bus rides, hard sell souvenirs, and very little actual time at the ruins. Any other options people know about? Or other family friendly excursions?

Don't think we want to spend the entire day traveling to Tulum. I've read quite a bit about long bus rides, hard sell souvenirs, and very little actual time at the ruins. Any other options people know about? Or other family friendly excursions?

You postd on the Cancun forum and there is no cruise ship terminal there. Same with Playa Del Carmen. Are you docking in Cozumel or Calica? You'll want to post your question there for useful feedback.

No worries, just post there and you'll get tons of feedback. The Cozumel forum on tripadvisor dot com is also a great resource as a lot of land-based visitors can help, and your roll call forum is also helpful with folks who are repeat visitors to Coz.

We're building a home in Playa Del Carmen and I agree the time to get to Tulum and other ruins on the Yucatan is not worth it on a cruise stop unless you have at least 10 hrs in port. Coz has gorgeous beaches, and if a nice beach day with some water toys sounds good you'll find choices that aren't too crowded. There are also ruins on Coz so a tour with a beach stop might work.

Good hunting!