Hotels in Barcelona

We have not been to Barcelona, but planning a cruise in October. We are booked at the Yurbban Trafalger Hotel. It was a good choice for us, since we are staying four days prior to our cruise in October. We needed laundry facilities, which not all hotels have and air conditioning. We also liked the added plus of the Wine Hour each night. The breakfast had really good reviews and overall Booking gave it a 9+ rating. I did a lot of research on hotels. Someone said the taxi was 12 euros to the port also. But, it is till six months off, so we are still open to other suggestions. Good luck on your hunting.

Has anyone had any experience staying at either the the Hotel Jazz or the Yurbban Trafalgar Hotel? I'm looking to book one or the other after our Med. cruise. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

We have stayed at Hotel Jazz a couple of times. Very nice hotel, clean, good service, and an excellent location.

Has anyone had any experience staying at either the the Hotel Jazz or the Yurbban Trafalgar Hotel? I'm looking to book one or the other after our Med. cruise. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

We have stayed at Hotel Jazz - nice, affordable hotel conveniently located near Placa Catalunya.

Location is the main thing. Used Jazz and Lleo in this area. Jazz is more modern and has a larger rooftop pool area. Lleo is more basic but does the job. Spend as little time as possible in your hotel. See this wonderful city to the maximum.

We have not been to Barcelona, but planning a cruise in October. We are booked at the Yurbban Trafalger Hotel. It was a good choice for us, since we are staying four days prior to our cruise in October. We needed laundry facilities, which not all hotels have and air conditioning. We also liked the added plus of the Wine Hour each night. The breakfast had really good reviews and overall Booking gave it a 9+ rating. I did a lot of research on hotels. Someone said the taxi was 12 euros to the port also. But, it is till six months off, so we are still open to other suggestions. Good luck on your hunting.

Sounds EXACTLY like what we are doing and what I would have said. We are on the Celebrity Equinox Transatlantic cruise about the same time as you are going to be there.

I found a site with pictures of the Yurbban that convinced me to change my booking to from refundable to prepaid. This hotel is only 2 years old and only one block from the Metro stop. Check out (http://www.oyster.com/barcelona/hotels) by typing in the Yurbban Trafalgar in the search box.

I canceled my refundable booking which was more expensive, added the breakfast and the total cost was less than what I had booked on a popular hotel booking site ( Final cost now locked in from currency change = $~890 USD for the 4 nights in a double, queen bed room).

HINT: the Yurbban is offering a 10% early booking discount on their website that the booking site was not!!

ALSO, I read in CC reviews that the laundry facilities in the Yurbban are FREE!! and they supply soap....unbelievable, huh???

Edited by OBX-Cruisers

Both hotels are good and this was a hard decision for me also. Look at my post to OKCRoyalTraveler for a site that will help you decide.

We stayed at Jazz both pre and post cruise in Oct. Many in my group stayed there. Everyone loved it. We all received a great rate of $140 US per night. Rates had hovered around 188-200 and then there was a huge price drop four months out. That was not a ore-payable rate either. This year they are charging $309 per night due to a huge pharmacology convention that is in town the first week of Oct Best thing about Jazz is it was removed far enough from the Ramblas, which. Was very noisy. Also, two coffee shops are right outside the hotel, pastries, also, a metro station is right outside the door, too. I think it is the best place for location