Luggage stored at Pan Pacific or Fairmont Waterfront?

bluewater1298

Has anyone taken their luggage to the bellman at Pan Pacific or the Fairmont Waterfront this year? Their website says luggage storage is for hotel guest only. I've read post that said to tip the bellman and he will store your luggage even if you're not a guest. Is this still possible? I'm trying to decide where we should store our luggage for about 4 hrs on May 28. We are arriving at Canada Place on Princess and our flight leaves YVR at 5:00 pm. I was told we needed to be at the airport by 2:00 pm. Our other option is CDS baggage storage, but I can't get anybody to answer their phone. Do you have to reserve online? Thanks for any help.

Has anyone taken their luggage to the bellman at Pan Pacific or the Fairmont Waterfront this year? Their website says luggage storage is for hotel guest only. I've read post that said to tip the bellman and he will store your luggage even if you're not a guest. Is this still possible? I'm trying to decide where we should store our luggage for about 4 hrs on May 28. We are arriving at Canada Place on Princess and our flight leaves YVR at 5:00 pm. I was told we needed to be at the airport by 2:00 pm. Our other option is CDS baggage storage, but I can't get anybody to answer their phone. Do you have to reserve online? Thanks for any help.

I would always assume that any given hotel might be forced to stick to their 'guest only' policy on any given day and have a backup (in cruise season, these two hotels being where they are means a LOT of cruisers stay pre or post - they run very close to capacity, which means very few early check-ins available and certainly not at 8-9am disembark time. I can imagine an occasional day where many folks doing a post-cruise stay drop bags before going off to tour, so room could get tight for non-guests...)

CDS do not need to be booked in advance - and they have been confirmed operating again by several posters who called or stored bags already this season. Remember that the pier location is a) only open until 4:30pm, and b) is REALLY busy with cruisers dropping bags until probably at least 9-9:30am, c) then there will be another flurry of folk between 3 and 4pm coming to get their bags before the deadline. If you really want to speak with them, I'd call about 11am or 2pm local time to get the best chance of someone picking up, i.e. not all hands to the wheel or on lunch!

Thanks martincath! Glad to know we don't need to reserve CSD in advance. No need to call now. We will probably walk off the ship, so hopefully we can beat those lines. And I don't think we will try asking the bellman. It's not worth it to drag the luggage to a hotel with the chance of being turned away.