Just curious - when do you unpack?

Last Oasis trip dropped luggage at 10 AM and saw luggage in cart near ship when we got onboard at 10:45. Showed up outside room at 4:55 after muster drill. Did NOT get unpacked before dinner at 5:15.

Unpack as soon as the luggage arrives. One trip my husband's bag was there fairly promptly, but mine did not arrive until late evening. Once everything is away, we can enjoy our holiday.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I unpack when I get home.

Father was military and we moved around a lot. He engraved the idea in my head that you will be much more likely to forget something if you unpack everywhere you go.

I hang things in the closet or on visible shelving, but never in the drawers.

Some habits die hard.

This I could not do, the suitcase would be taking up valuable floor space and get in the way.

We can unpack in less than 10 minutes.....and do it whenever our suitcases arrive. We have a small carry on with us with pool needs, and enjoy the ship until luggage arrives....then simply unpack.

I can only think of one time when we were not unpacked before sail away and that was when we flew into Istanbul for a cruise on Brilliance. Overnight flight, went straight from airport to ship and straight to room. Decided to take "just a short nap" and fell into such a deep sleep that we slept through muster drill!:eek: I woke up, realized the ship was moving, looked out the balcony and could not see the shoreline!

Sherri:)

This made me laugh...My first cruise back in the 80's I took a redeye to Puerto Rico. I didn't sleep on the flight and drank several bloody mary's. We went straight to the dock and once on board, started drinking foo foo drinks. When the rooms opened up I had to "lay down" for a few minutes. When I woke up, we were at sea...no land in sight and I too missed muster and dinner. We never heard the steward open the door to put our luggage inside. Ugh...what a hangover......:p

Now 1 drink only until muster and unpacking is over!

Edited by debitoo

We can unpack in less than 10 minutes.....and do it whenever our suitcases arrive. We have a small carry on with us with pool needs, and enjoy the ship until luggage arrives....then simply unpack.

same here. We have our backpack with all our pool stuff and I wear my Swimsuit/coverup to board the ship. Then I go down to the cabin as soon as they open to get my money/jewelry in the safe and then I check about every hour or so to see if luggage has arrived. As soon as it does, I quick unpack and am done.

I can only think of one time when we were not unpacked before sail away and that was when we flew into Istanbul for a cruise on Brilliance. Overnight flight, went straight from airport to ship and straight to room. Decided to take "just a short nap" and fell into such a deep sleep that we slept through muster drill!:eek: I woke up, realized the ship was moving, looked out the balcony and could not see the shoreline!

So they did not hold up the 'muster drill' to get you out of your cabin to attend it.

LOL. This is so me. I bring my Lysol and disinfecting wipes in my carry on. As soon as I enter the room' date=' I wipe down everything (including the dresser drawers).

[/quote']

Lol. Same here.

I usually unpack immediately just to get it over with. Although on my last cruise I didn't unpack until day 3.

Day 1 - Started drinking way too much right after I boarded.

Day 2 - Bad hangover

Day 3 - Finally unpacked

"Usually" before muster, occasionally after if luggage is a bit later being delivered. Most of the time, we're completely unpacked before muster and then we can enjoy sailaway. Sometimes, in ports we've been out of multiple times, we are unpacking during sailaway if delivery was later.

We unpack our "valuables" in our carryons and put them in the safe as soon as we get to our cabin.

When we unpack our other luggage, depends on when it arrives. Never takes us long.

One of our suitcases has assorted things which we never unpack ... just leave that suitcase under the bed and take things out as needed. That way those things are all together and we know where to find them easily. :D

LuLu

This made me laugh...My first cruise back in the 80's I took a redeye to Puerto Rico. I didn't sleep on the flight and drank several bloody mary's. We went straight to the dock and once on board, started drinking foo foo drinks. When the rooms opened up I had to "lay down" for a few minutes. When I woke up, we were at sea...no land in sight and I too missed muster and dinner. We never heard the steward open the door to put our luggage inside. Ugh...what a hangover......:p

Now 1 drink only until muster and unpacking is over!

Too funny!:D

So they did not hold up the 'muster drill' to get you out of your cabin to attend it.

Not to my knowledge! I was sure we'd get a note or phone call or something to tell us we "violated" international law :D but never heard anything.

When I read this question I thought it was referring to unpacking when you got home from the cruise. If that is the question I still have some items that are not unpacked from our last cruise in March. Some items are only used for cruising so they stay packed for the next cruise.

As far as unpacking on the cruise we unpack as soon as the luggage arrives. There has only been one time our luggage was not there before muster.

I typically unpack as soon as the luggage is there. So far I've been pretty lucky in that it arrives while I'm unpacking my carry-on shortly after access to the cabin.

This has made me think though... I've got my list all set to go (and have packed a couple of cubes so far - product of non-in-house laundry is that I have FAR too many pair of underwear (when you get crazy busy sometimes it's just easier to hit Vicky's 5 for $25 (or whatever it is now) sale than spend a couple of hours at the laundromat) so that cube is packed, and my dresses/skirts are of the non-wrinkle variety so that cube is packed), but... I should probably figure out what I want/need for my time in Barcelona (first night a flamenco show with dinner, second night a tapas tour...I figure the first should be a little dressier than "touring clothes") and put that all in ONE cube so I don't have to unpack everything for 2 nights.

My wife and I was on a Carnival cruise (the last one) we did not receive our luggage until late at nite.:mad: We had to go ask were it was they were like "all the luggage has been delivered:eek:" I was like no it has not, because I know 2 people that did not receive their luggage MY WIFE AND I.:mad: As for RCCI I had no problems with luggage :) (was on the Oasis) like most have said it was before the muster drill.

I unpack as soon as we see our luggage, hit everything with Downy Wrinkle Release and hang the hanging stuff, stuff the luggage under the bed and I'm done till the very sad last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Last Oasis trip dropped luggage at 10 AM and saw luggage in cart near ship when we got onboard at 10:45. Showed up outside room at 4:55 after muster drill. Did NOT get unpacked before dinner at 5:15.

We've had them not show up until after dinner sometimes and we are on board very early. Ya never know when it'll show up.