Allure Empty?

I just logged on to ask the same question. Was watching the port webcam and noticed immediately that there were no passengers lining the rails. There was no one for the camera to zoom in on. Guess some billionaire reserved the entire ship for his personal cruise.

I just got off Allure this morning - last Sunday we left during the Wash Your Hands video - we were definitely disappointed to miss part of sail away.

I thought muster had to be completed and dismissed before we could depart? Last week, I thought maybe the US Navy ships in port for fleet week may have had something to do with us leaving quickly if they needed to leave right behind us, but after watching Allure leave just now I assume that's not the case.

Edited by Lidodeckdrinks

I was watching a periscope from one of the passengers that was boarding today and apparently on the last cruise there were several sick passengers on that cruise and because of that they were delayed with boarding today because they were doing extra cleaning .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'd be asking why the Captain is leaving before muster is over. For so many sailaway is the official start of the cruise and something they have been anticipating for months. Since he has done this last week and this week it seems unlikely that there were delays in boarding both times. Definitely a HUGE bummer for first timers.

Same thing happened to us on the Silouette in Feb. No explanation....we had a banner on our Balcony for the webcam and by the time we got back to our room from muster we were already through the channel.

I'd be asking why the Captain is leaving before muster is over. For so many sailaway is the official start of the cruise and something they have been anticipating for months. Since he has done this last week and this week it seems unlikely that there were delays in boarding both times. Definitely a HUGE bummer for first timers.

The ship has to leave port when the harbormaster tells him he can leave. They can request to leave later, but that is not always an option. I really doubt the Captain planned to leave during muster. Things happen.

Happened to us on Allure last December. I was the only one of our group to make it top side in time to see any of sail away - and we were already in the final channel by the time I got up there. DH stopped for the bathroom and missed it totally! So there I was, all by myself on the aft saying goodbye to land. So what does a girl do? Take a selfie of course! LOL!

IMG_3637_1.jpg

I was on the Allure's last sailing and you would not have had any indication of a problem with Noro. Their special conditions such as serving food in Windjammer and such were not in effect. I did see them continually cleaning areas, but that has not been unusual to see on the ship. The same thing happened during sail away last week too... We pulled out as the drill was going on. Ended up making up for it with the a sail away party on the helipad in Nassau.

I have no doubt that the captain made every effort to not leave during the muster drill, but ultimately had no choice. However, this does not seem to be terribly uncommon, particularly during the months of the year where Oasis/Allure is the only ship leaving from Port Everglades on a given day. I know this has happened to me at least twice before.

Solution: schedule the muster drill a little earlier so this isn't an issue.

In my personal experience, my last few muster drills on RCI were interminable. Long delays after arrival at the station, the increasingly long video (now including the silly hand washing video), then more delay until the captain releases. In contrast, I just got off an NCL cruise this morning and the muster drill took about half the time. Somehow, I still remembered: (a) to wash my hands, and (b) how to wash my hands. I'm also highly confident that I would be able to return to my muster station in the unlikely event of an emergency, even if heavily inebriated.

A secondary solution would be to try and move the drill along a little bit, but I don't think that's necessary. Just schedule it a little earlier if there's a reasonable probability that the ship will be ordered to leave on the earlier side.

Appreciate it if someone could post a link to the Port Web Cam.

http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com

http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com

I too feel for all those that looked forward to a sail away moment. I was at the inlet area and heard the muster horns about 4:30 pm When I heard those I thought she will leave closer to 5 pm since muster is delayed. That coupled with the fact she did not have to back up did not allow passengers as much time to get up on deck or to their balconies.

Nope she departed shortly after the muster horns sounded. As a regular viewer of the webcam I have seen this happen with Allure a few times in the last weeks. Do not recall recently on Oasis this happening.

Nope she departed shortly after the muster horns sounded. As a regular viewer of the webcam I have seen this happen with Allure a few times in the last weeks. Do not recall recently on Oasis this happening.

She has a new captain since April 24, maybe he is too efficient.

Yes, I noticed a few things as well: the ship was docked the opposite way and was wondering why they didn't zoom in during departure now I know why. Can anyone who as sailed on Allure western the past few weeks note what side the ship was docked in port? One of the reasons I switched my balcony to port side is I like to be facing the ocean while in port.

Yes, I noticed a few things as well: the ship was docked the opposite way and was wondering why they didn't zoom in during departure now I know why. Can anyone who as sailed on Allure western the past few weeks note what side the ship was docked in port? One of the reasons I switched my balcony to port side is I like to be facing the ocean while in port.

As many will probably point out, you can never guarantee which side of the ship will face the port. While there is definitely a "normal" docking position in each port, the ship will vary depending on safety drills and maintenance issues that are conducted while the ship is in port.

Edited by GatorWop